The Basshead Club
Oct 7, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #198 of 11,286

Quote:
Hippo VBs have the biggest bass of any IEM for sure! I can't listen to them more than an hour or my brain hurts (3rd setting of course)

So i have found my limits in bass, which i never thought i would.  Hippo VBs hit that mark.  Darth Beyers are the headphone equivalent of that imo.  

Hmmm Darth Beyers has too much bass ? 
rolleyes.gif

Oct 7, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #199 of 11,286
when i say too much i meant that after an hour or two (for me) the kick drum is sonically punching my brain  

But Hippo VB are worse in that respect.  The Darths can be tolerated if i turn the volume down, but meh.

whats the biggest bass you have heard?

Oct 7, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #201 of 11,286
Yea if your into bass, pro 900s and Darth Beyers are the money shot. But i suppose people want to hear bass in each of their own ways.

If your a person who sold your xb700s for xb500s because they have more bass, Darth Beyers are your headphone.

Oct 8, 2011 at 1:06 AM Post #204 of 11,286

Quote:
All these talk of the Hippo VB is making me regret buying the turbines 
triportsad.gif

nah, don't be, the Turbine is better overall.

id get the Turbine over my VBs cause i have to EQ the VBs to have less bass anyway.

i compared them together and when they are EQed to have the same bass quantity, the Turbines are better IMO.

Oct 8, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #205 of 11,286

Quote:
nah, don't be, the Turbine is better overall.

id get the Turbine over my VBs cause i have to EQ the VBs to have less bass anyway.

i compared them together and when they are EQed to have the same bass quantity, the Turbines are better IMO.

Good to hear that 
etysmile.gif
 Although I might just pick up the VB later for fun. 

Oct 8, 2011 at 1:28 AM Post #207 of 11,286

Quote:
Good to hear that 
etysmile.gif
 Although I might just pick up the VB later for fun. 

thats exactly what i did.  The turbines have way better sound quality.  The VBs are just massive bass monsters with less sound quality. Not saying the VBs are bad sound quality, just not the same as the turbines copper that is. Ive only owned the coppers.

Hippo VB is a must for collection for a basshead.

Im listening to them now. They have slightly less detail than than the coppers, but bass is masssive.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hippo-HIPPO-VB-Tunable-custom-earphone-audiophil-/110753809332?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item19c97103b4
^Where i got mine

They are fun, they have 3 different bass settings that screw in and out on the back of the iem with your hand. 

Oct 8, 2011 at 1:36 AM Post #208 of 11,286
Hey guys, any one know of a case thats fully transparent for the iPod Touch 4th gen ? I'm thinking about getting a custom skin/sticker made by Gelaskins with a basshead theme so I'll need a fully transparent case. 
beerchug.gif

Oct 8, 2011 at 1:44 AM Post #209 of 11,286

Users who are viewing this thread

Back