The Basshead Club
Oct 5, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #136 of 11,286
Hahaha ya after thinking about it looking for all of the available graphs could be trouble some.  

On a side note I just got my Atrio Mg7's.  Man I love the sub bass!  I like how the mids don't seem to mix with the sub bass and everything still sounds separate and clear.  The mids are a lill reassessed but its ok.  I didn't get these for analytical listening...lol I got it for when I hit the gym.  

Quote:
I'm not really sure about the permission part but since they are not my property, I think I'll at least need to Email some one to use them. Not to mention I'm too lazy to bother 
tongue.gif

Oct 6, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #137 of 11,286
Great idea! Should really pump you up with all that thumping bass. How's the build quality on those?

Quote:
Hahaha ya after thinking about it looking for all of the available graphs could be trouble some.  

On a side note I just got my Atrio Mg7's.  Man I love the sub bass!  I like how the mids don't seem to mix with the sub bass and everything still sounds separate and clear.  The mids are a lill reassessed but its ok.  I didn't get these for analytical listening...lol I got it for when I hit the gym.   

Oct 6, 2011 at 4:04 AM Post #138 of 11,286
Thanks!  Ya they will.  The build quality is pretty strong.  I mean I'm  not planning on using it as a bat to hit a baseball but they seem pretty strong.  I'll have a better idea when I hit the weight room.  But so far I've used them all day today and they are pretty light in my ears too.  They fit well and I spaced out a few times while driving... I had to turn the volume down so I wouldn't be mesmerized by the bass....haha other than that I'll buy another pair if they are good to go at the gym!  You thinking of getting these too?

Quote:
Great idea! Should really pump you up with all that thumping bass. How's the build quality on those? 

Oct 6, 2011 at 8:33 AM Post #139 of 11,286
Hey guys, sorry that I was away for the whole day, was out shopping with the guys (and girls, when they came later). Although I didn't buy anything, it was an incredibly productive day. I've heard a few cans. The Pioneer HDJ 500 and HDJ 1000, the Beats Studio, Pro and Solo HD. I have to say, the extension on the Studios FAIL, IMO any basshead would not be pleased with them. It was all nice and emphasised until somewhere at 30hz or below the bass that can only be felt disappeared. So basically that meant everything felt "fake" to me. The Pro however, is something I'd consider if it was priced better. The soundstage was not something that'll match my Ultrasones. The Studio also had flimsy build, I actually seriously considered having a Studio as a necklace before I heard them for the second time today, but since last time I've tuned my ears better and now the Beats sounded like turd. Too bad the Pros aren't neckable. 

Oct 6, 2011 at 11:11 AM Post #140 of 11,286

Quote:
Thanks!  Ya they will.  The build quality is pretty strong.  I mean I'm  not planning on using it as a bat to hit a baseball but they seem pretty strong.  I'll have a better idea when I hit the weight room.  But so far I've used them all day today and they are pretty light in my ears too.  They fit well and I spaced out a few times while driving... I had to turn the volume down so I wouldn't be mesmerized by the bass....haha other than that I'll buy another pair if they are good to go at the gym!  You thinking of getting these too? 

Yea I've been looking for a pair of Mg5 (with Mg7 drivers) but I'm not looking to pay the full price for them, so preferably second hand. Let me know how they perform in the weight room but I'm definitely intrigued by the idea of having these in the gym. How's the isolation and what kind of tips are you using? 

Oct 6, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #145 of 11,286
My list of closed cans I want to own someday (all which at least somewhat qualify for basshead phones from what I've read):

- JVC HA-DX1000 (yes previous poster, I'm highly envious!)
- Lawton Audio D7000
- Sony R10 (bass version, of course, and most likely just a far off pipe dream)
- Ultrasone Edition 8 (perhaps, thinking they're not bassy enough though)

Oct 6, 2011 at 11:54 AM Post #146 of 11,286

Quote:
My list of closed cans I want to own someday (all which at least somewhat qualify for basshead phones from what I've read):

- JVC HA-DX1000 (yes previous poster, I'm highly envious!)
- Lawton Audio D7000
- Sony R10 (bass version, of course, and most likely just a far off pipe dream)
- Ultrasone Edition 8 (perhaps, thinking they're not bassy enough though)

That reminds me, I'll add them to the headphone list 
beerchug.gif

Oct 6, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #148 of 11,286
I have yet to figure out how to link properly so I hope I do this right, but mvw2 wrote a nice description about bass here in post #25

Users who are viewing this thread

Back