The baseline high-*END* headphones?
Dec 13, 2009 at 11:56 AM Post #16 of 22
I'm still trying to get over sqr/rt of -1.
I find set theory mind expanding.
who needs drugs when you can have infinity to the infinite power, or infinity factorial and try to determine which is greater?

Dec 13, 2009 at 12:11 PM Post #17 of 22
You haven't seen anything then.

Wait till you study tensors, rotations, triads, ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by wink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm still trying to get over sqr/rt of -1.
I find set theory mind expanding.
who needs drugs when you can have infinity to the infinite power, or infinity factorial and try to determine which is greater?

Dec 13, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #19 of 22
I would say anything significantly more expensive than the "standard" top of the line headphones. For example: AKG 701, HD650.

Dec 13, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #20 of 22
IMO the K340. If careful attention is given to building the rig around them to meet their needs , they can hang pretty well. I'm not going to tell you they beat the pants off the O2s or K1000 etc (they simply don't) They do not excel in any single area, but it doesn't stop them from being an immensely enjoyable phone to listen to.

Despite having many other "Higher End" phones, I listen to them often and love every minute of it.

Dec 14, 2009 at 12:09 AM Post #21 of 22
The Sennheiser HD-600.

However, you have to drive it with a high quality amp, preferably tubed. Driven well, I find the HD-600 to exceed several kilobuck headphones. Especially those tha pimp bass at the expense of everything else. The HD-600 has a beautifully balanced sound and is tight and detailed on the right amp.

Dec 18, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #22 of 22
Uncle Eric said:-
The Sennheiser HD-600.

However, you have to drive it with a high quality amp, preferably tubed. Driven well, I find the HD-600 to exceed several kilobuck headphones. Especially those tha pimp bass at the expense of everything else. The HD-600 has a beautifully balanced sound and is tight and detailed on the right amp..

Too right Unc.
I have two as well as the HD650 & HD800.

The HD600 is still good to listen to.

I once auditioned a DT531 Groovaliser, and must say that in spite of lacking some detail, they made my feet tap continuously.
If I wasn't into higher end quality, I could easily live with a pair and forget every other 'phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back