The Avalanches Since I Left You
Mar 21, 2005 at 5:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

sno1man

1000+ Head-Fier
I realize this album is almost 4 years old, but I heard it for the first time last night after picking it up for $1 used.

I really like it and seems to be much in the vein of Daft Punk or Basement Jaxx, but a little more pop oriented. I like the title track and A Different Feeling

It is also a very good argument for gapless as all of the tracks flow in to each other sometimes quite beautifully.

Anybody else have any opinions?

Mar 22, 2005 at 5:21 AM Post #3 of 34
That disc is great. What a steal at $1. Its like modern day disco. Phat and fun.

Mar 22, 2005 at 12:33 PM Post #4 of 34
yeah i've got the album too, might give it a listen tonight
smily_headphones1.gif
but yeah all the music is sampled, nothing 'generated'.. i fogot the dj's name, i think he's a world dj champ or runner up.. very talented.. australian too
wink.gif

Mar 25, 2005 at 4:19 PM Post #5 of 34
yep have heard quite a few songs from the album on various compilations I have. every one of them was super plus some form of sattire thrown in.
biggrin.gif

Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oi! Oi! Oi!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 25, 2005 at 10:14 PM Post #7 of 34
I gave this CD away at the NYC meet to pass on - methinks it's being appreciated out there somewhere. Reminds me alot of the Propellerheads, which is a good thing.

Jul 21, 2005 at 7:04 PM Post #9 of 34
I got a copy of this yesterday and gave it a listen. It's a good album I like it - I'll have to give it another spin tonight. I like the title track and Frontier Psychiatrist is good as well.

Jul 21, 2005 at 7:06 PM Post #10 of 34
This one's on my short list of albums I need to buy. Now to only scrounge up the money. $1? Steal. <<yes I know this is an ancient thread>>
tongue.gif

Jul 21, 2005 at 7:21 PM Post #11 of 34
I like a few songs off it. The title track is really sweet, but after that I always find that it leaves me a little cold. It's good, but I guess I think it had a lot more potential...or just too much hype.

Jul 22, 2005 at 12:47 AM Post #13 of 34
Those hypocrites who hate sampling please stay away as you might have an infarction.

This album is the shiznit and that madonna sample is sweet. So is the camp-lo sample and the "tonight, will have to last me all my life" I forgot her name.

Jul 22, 2005 at 1:26 AM Post #15 of 34
IS that the one with the fat guy and the skinny guy breakdancing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back