The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II)
May 20, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #437 of 1,853
OP has been updated to include IEMs - a huge thank-you to thatBeats guy for fetching the MSRP of those!

What's the next step? Do we make a bass-headphones buying guide article for Head-fi?

These lists are powerful!

beerchug.gif

May 20, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #438 of 1,853
  V55:

UE6000 NC off:

UE6000 NC on:

I quite like the look of UE6000 NC on. One of the few headphones which measures great with NC active. On the paper it looks like UE6000 NC on > MDR-V55 > UE6000 NC off.

Yeah, they are quite competent as headphones. I've said it before, but I think I prefer the UE6000 over the D2000. Especially with NC on, for that bass. The D2000's are quite open sounding in comparison.

OP has been updated to include IEMs - a huge thank-you to thatBeats guy for fetching the MSRP of those!

What's the next step? Do we make a bass-headphones buying guide article for Head-fi?

beerchug.gif

Whoah, like as a PDF? That'd be... insane... and cool.

May 20, 2014 at 9:41 AM Post #439 of 1,853
A couple more nominations for the list:

HiSoundAudio PAA-1 Pro, a $49 earbud full of BASS and V signature.

JVC KENWOOD HA-FX850, my next IEM purchase.  Unsure of real MSRP as I have seen $399.99, $420 and $529 
blink.gif

May 20, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #440 of 1,853

beerchug.gif

Hmm...IIRC, user Hawaiibadboy already started a wiki article on over-ear headphones here: http://www.head-fi.org/a/the-best-bass-headphones-a-head-fi-wiki
Then again, I think that, considering the might of the Bass Lounge (with all of you awesome guys around), I think we could do better and make a more comprehensive article. 

Long story short, I say go for it! 
biggrin.gif

May 20, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #441 of 1,853
I kinda like that wiki article because of the categories and descriptions.

May 20, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #442 of 1,853
Yeah, putting the Pro 900 in the HiFi section? No Denon D2000? The XB700's are in the "expensive" column of the Bassy Headphones list (the MSRP problem inversed?

May 20, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #443 of 1,853
  Yeah, putting the Pro 900 in the HiFi section? No Denon D2000? The XB700's are in the "expensive" column of the Bassy Headphones list (the MSRP problem inversed?

LOL. I agree; I didn't notice that until you pointed that out. Heh, like I said, I think the Audiophile Bass Lounge could do better than that. Right, guys? 
wink.gif

May 20, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #444 of 1,853

Ok I never heard any Ultrasone or Denon so I didn't know they weren't hi-fi. But where is the list of expensive headphones?

May 20, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #445 of 1,853
I have the Logitech UE6000 and Sony MDR V55 cans. Both well burned in now. The Sony's bass is superb and markedly better than the UE6000 'phones. Deeper, tighter and punchier. The extra extension is consistent with the respective specs. Maybe the Logitechs need more grunt and/or don't like the FiiO E07k Andes amp I'm using (with a Galaxy Note 2 and Spotify Premium). I have to crank the FiiO up to 80% with the Logitechs versus 60% with the V55s. Treble extension is better too and they aren't far behind in the midrange or soundstage either. It's a pity as the UE6000s were supposed to be my main pair. They are much more comfy and look the part but they're relegated to playing second fiddle.

Might need to listen to the V55s again! For some reason I don't remember them being bassy!!
Maybe I'm confusing them with some other Sony's?!!?

beerchug.gif

Hmm...IIRC, user Hawaiibadboy already started a wiki article on over-ear headphones here: http://www.head-fi.org/a/the-best-bass-headphones-a-head-fi-wiki
Then again, I think that, considering the might of the Bass Lounge (with all of you awesome guys around), I think we could do better and make a more comprehensive article. 

Long story short, I say go for it! 
biggrin.gif

Yeah, we could probably modify that one.

May 20, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #446 of 1,853
Might need to listen to the V55s again! For some reason I don't remember them being bassy!!
Maybe I'm confusing them with some other Sony's?!!?

Well according to Blinxat's reply to my post on "Incredible I Feel", the last thing the MDR V55s needed was more bass. I actually bump up the bass a notch on my FiiO E07k with the Sonys but two notches with the Logitechs.

May 20, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #447 of 1,853
i just bought the Panasonic RP-HT480 on Dsnuts recommendation.they came out at 200 usd,but are now all over ebay for 50 usd.i love them 50 mm drivers and the BASS rumbles.i did one mod-rolled up paper towel under the lip.i also have the ATH m50 and the Pioneer hdj2000.i use trhe pannys more than either of them.if anyone is looking for a budget BASS monster--this is it!

May 20, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #448 of 1,853

Yeah, we could probably modify that one.

I think it's great as is. Maybe we should discuss the possibility of the basshead club making some contributions? It's up to you, of course.

RE: everyone else saying we should "compete" against the fantastic wiki that gelocks and HBB have created:
We are not in the business of competing, or bullying - we are better people than that. 

We just do what we can, and if people appreciate it, then we can be happy, and cherish the fact that we created something people enjoy. 

I'm not doing the Basshead club to compete, or be "better" than anyone/anything else - I just really enjoy bassy headphones, I love the headphone bass community, and I want to contribute to the Head-fi community in general.

If people want to take offence to that - they are doing so under their own interpretations. 

I don't come to Head-fi to grief people, or make people unhappy - I just come to discuss headphones, and chat to mates.

beerchug.gif

If I told you guys some examples of reactions people have had to me making this thread, you actually wouldn't believe me. 

May 20, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #450 of 1,853
What are some IEM that can match overall bass of over-ear headphones? I have only had ath-ckm500; although they have good bass, it seems as if subwoofer was off when comparing to full-size headphones such as ath-m50.  Listening to Moby's Extreme Ways is a good example.  Are all IEM have similar experience when compared to full-size headphones? 

I have to recommend you check out the corecool v2. Popular choice is hippo vb (didn't impress me personally, but then again I had no amp back then).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back