The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II)
May 18, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #391 of 1,853

I am not sure what exactly you were referring to, but I don't think it is necessary to scare people away from them. Just use Paypal, or make your payment directly with whatever store you choose if you are concerned about credit card issues.

A simple google search will yield plenty of result.
http://slickdeals.net/f/6018544-rakuten-buy-com-customers-getting-fraudulent-credit-card-charges

BASSHEAD CLUB
Official List update:
 ​

I've just gone through each can on the full-size list, and fetched the MSRP from different sources.

A few things:

1. I think we should do continuous voting, to determine if there are cans that should or should not be on the list. I saw a couple that I personally feel need to be voted on. I can place the "Cans currently being voted on" at the top of the OP, and to vote ,you simply just comment your vote in the thread.

2. How does everyone feel about this layout? This is just for the $0-$100 section:

Brand:Model:MSRP:
Audio TechnicaWS55 Solid Bass$99.00
AKGK81 DJ$99.00
CreativeAurvana Live!$99.00
DenonDN-HP1000 $89.00
JBLJ55$99.00
JVCHA-S4X$60.00
JVCHA-M5X$90.00
MonorpriceMHP-839$65.00
PanasonicRP-HTF600$60.00
PhilipsCitiScape downtown$99.00
PhilipsCitiScape Shibuya/Metro $49.00
ProdipePro800$40.00
SennheiserPX-100-II$89.00
SkullCandyHesh-II$60.00
SonyV55$80.00
SonyXB200$30.00
SonyXB300??
SonyXB400$60.00
SonyXB600$99.00

3. The sections:
I was thinking something along the lines of:
  1. $0-$100
  2. $100-$200
  3. $200-$300
  4. $300-$400
etc etc.

How does everyone feel about this all so far?

Looks great White Lotus

May 19, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #392 of 1,853
  A simple google search will yield plenty of result.
http://slickdeals.net/f/6018544-rakuten-buy-com-customers-getting-fraudulent-credit-card-charges

I checked that out, seems to be for rakutenbuy.com, which in the North American version of rakuten?   It does seem to be an actual online store, which is completely different from rakuten.co.jp, which is what I was referring to.
I cannot speak for rakutenbuy, and at any rate, the information you posted regarding that place seems to be of value even though it wasn't relevant to my post.

May 19, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #393 of 1,853
BASSHEAD CLUB
LIST UPDATE:

OP has been updated.
Will hopefully do more tomorrow (IEMs, amps, etc)
Let me know your thoughts guys!
Link for the lazy:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/715697/the-audiophile-bass-lounge-basshead-club-part-ii

May 19, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #394 of 1,853

BASSHEAD CLUB
LIST UPDATE:

OP has been updated.
Will hopefully do more tomorrow (IEMs, amps, etc)
Let me know your thoughts guys!
Link for the lazy:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/715697/the-audiophile-bass-lounge-basshead-club-part-ii

I do like the table setup, plus the idea of voting status is great too.

I'm going to say that the Aviator doesn't have emphasized bass, but it is solid and not rolled off. So it's in the same category as HD25, which I see is on the list.

May 19, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #397 of 1,853
  Wow. Just...wow. WhiteLotus, you have done an amazing job with the list! Sadly, I'm unable to help much since I am dreadfully busy with packing up.

However, I would like to note that I saw the D7000 in two price brackets: >$1000 and $1000+.

Thanks mate! 

Don't worry about helping, I'm happy to smash it out, I'm really enjoying it.

I'm actually having trouble finding the MSRP of the D7000.. Thanks for picking that up, I didn't realise!

May 19, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #398 of 1,853

Thanks mate! 

Don't worry about helping, I'm happy to smash it out, I'm really enjoying it.

I'm actually having trouble finding the MSRP of the D7000.. Thanks for picking that up, I didn't realise!

I just watch an old review by Tyll of Innerfidelity and read a review on CNET. They both said they retailed at $999.00

May 19, 2014 at 3:42 AM Post #399 of 1,853
Done and done.

Another quality post from you, thanks mate!

EDIT: I just saw the Bowers and Wilkins P7 on the list - I vote to remove it.

I only heard them briefly, and what I heard was definitely not basshead.

If anyone wants anything else removed, let me know, I shall flag it! @gelocks
 I can't find your post with your removal recommendations (sorry).

Yeah, I've the B&W P7's which are beautifully built and have a warmish sound signature, but certainly not what I would personally consider as a basshead can.

May 19, 2014 at 3:45 AM Post #400 of 1,853
I don't find them particularly pleasing from an aesthetic standpoint (they stick out too much, way too long cable, pads are not the best, and I feel like I have to extend their 'arms' too much) but they actually sound quite good! I want to directly compare to my modded Denon D5000s when I have the time. Their sound signatures are not really similar but I want to check bass weight for both. Bass is plenty powerful on the JVCs and I'm actually quite surprise that even though it has big bass, they don't really ruin the music listening experience for me (i.e. I can listen to any genre without having to change headphones :)).

HaHa, yeah, I had to lol at your mention of cups sticking out too much - I look like Mickey Mouse with DX1000's on :D

May 19, 2014 at 4:02 AM Post #401 of 1,853
Can I borrow the SZ2000? :D

What stand is that that they are on by the way?

Sorry dude, my bro has been bugging me for a lend of my SZ2000's since I got them, and knowing him it'll be an over extended lend at that - I'll probably have to break into his house to get my JVC's back from him lol :D

The red headphone stand pictured with SZ2000's perched on is by Klutz Design (http://bit.ly/1t8WD7o)

May 19, 2014 at 4:15 AM Post #402 of 1,853
Damn.. Oh well.. I just picked up some Mad Dog Pros and a D2k with deep cocobolo rosewood cups and Alpha pads, so that'll tide me over until I can pick up a pair of the SZ2000's for myself. 

May 19, 2014 at 4:15 AM Post #403 of 1,853
I'm looking for something that'll give me bass like 2 15" subs in a ghetto hooptie just for the fun of it, but if I can find something that does everything well overall, AS WELL AS givie me some monster bass, I'd probably choose that unless the former was cheaper. Know anyone who might allow me to demo some SZ2000's or DX1000's?

If you want monster bass then the SZ2000's are the can you need - when I use mine with Fiio E17 portable amp/dac and EQ the bass to setting 10 - the bass physically vibrates your head and neck aka the slam :D

Particularly awesome track for this I picked up from a fellow head-fier and basshead (Hawaiibadboy) is below:

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/hmP7TYtDVUU[/VIDEO]

The Bass on this track is biblical in strength and size
:cool:

May 19, 2014 at 4:26 AM Post #404 of 1,853
If you want monster bass then the SZ2000's are the can you need - when I use mine with Fiio E17 portable amp/dac and EQ the bass to setting 10 - the bass physically vibrates your head and neck aka the slam
biggrin.gif

Particularly awesome track for this I picked up from a fellow head-fier and basshead (Hawaiibadboy) is below:

The Bass on this track is biblical in strength and size
cool.gif

Dude. Listening right now with my LCD XC through a Schiit Vali (no EQ) and they're rattling against the side of my head. The XC is pretty bassy. Great bass track! Added to my library!

May 19, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #405 of 1,853
Dude. Listening right now with my LCD XC through a Schiit Vali (no EQ) and they're rattling against the side of my head. The XC is pretty bassy. Great bass track! Added to my library!

HaHa, nice one :D

LCD-XC? Cool cans, I've the LCD-X :cool:

Have you listened to any binaural sounds through your XC's?

The below sounded truly amazing using my X's:

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/pvr3gr8BzA0[/VIDEO]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back