The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II)
Dec 11, 2015 at 3:52 AM Post #1,726 of 1,853
thats so cool - truly impressive :dt880smile:

Thanks! I'm waiting on some XB1000 pads to come in the mail now. The alcantara pads aren't giving me the deepest sub bass rumble I wanted out of these headphones, so I think going back to the pads Sony meant these drivers to be used with is the best next step.

Dec 11, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #1,727 of 1,853
Thanks! I'm waiting on some XB1000 pads to come in the mail now. The alcantara pads aren't giving me the deepest sub bass rumble I wanted out of these headphones, so I think going back to the pads Sony meant these drivers to be used with is the best next step.

sounds reasonable to me - let us know how it turns out

Dec 27, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #1,730 of 1,853
oooh I'd love to hear that :D PeterTek OOH an it's a WOODY :D is it an extreme Darth Beyer 

also in case you guys are in need of another bass Heavy Song this one's pretty nasty

The one made my HE X Clip with only some EQ Down! The good ole TH X00 didn't though ^^ 

bass on that tracks hits so hard it scares me when I'm not expecting it 

an yes there's a part where it's just a nice low sub bass roar...

Dec 27, 2015 at 4:05 AM Post #1,731 of 1,853
This track has the bass that brings a smile.

https://youtu.be/eGKMKjJthVU

Dec 27, 2015 at 4:05 AM Post #1,732 of 1,853
https://youtu.be/eGKMKjJthVU

Jan 28, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #1,733 of 1,853
  Anyone using here Rockboxed players? If yes, you should definitely try out those settings:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/770518/rockbox-my-300-custom-eq-presets-you-can-download-and-easily-use-updated-thread
- audiophile basshead heaven guaranteed - my Merlins push out such powerful bass I wasn't thinking it was possible and my Velvets blew my mind away!

Thanks for spreading the word!  I now have Version 4.0 with 2 sets of 590 EQ presets. It sounds a lot better, has a lot more options, and is a lot easier to use.  If you have Rockbox firmware on your music player (which I have on my iPod Classic), you can have the best basshead experience in the world with awesome sound quality to go with it!  Here's the link:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/795363/discoprojoe-s-rockbox-eq-presets-version-4-0-complete-user-guide

Happy Bassheadin'....

Jan 28, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #1,734 of 1,853
Here's a fun song from my collection that I like crankin' up with my portable headphone system. It's probably the first hardcore basshead tune that ever came out -- recorded in 1981 and released in '82. It's "Planet Rock" by Afrika Bambaataa & the Soulsonic Force. Break it down on da 808! 
L3000.gif

My EQ preset "Cool Reduced Treble 6" sounds best with this one. 
cool.gif

Feb 15, 2016 at 1:10 AM Post #1,736 of 1,853
  Finally finished giving those XB1000 drivers a new life. Those drivers really like to breathe from inside the cup and be sealed all the way or mostly sealed on the front (pad side). I used Shure Alcantara pads on these so they can breathe a little on the front of the driver but still maintain a seal somewhat. Alcantara pads are somewhere in the middle of velour and pleather for seal, leaning towards pleather traits. 

The cups are made of wood and painted black, nothing too special. The ports on the wood cups are 3/4" eyelets with some fine metal mesh in them for preventing anything from entering the cups. 

If anyone has any questions concerning the build or would like to replicate the same thing or similar I'd be more than happy to help. 

This was just a project, not something I normally do.

My friend, this is glorious!

Do we bassheads have our own godfather of headphone modding now?

I will serve you, oh wise master.

Feb 15, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #1,737 of 1,853

Finally finished giving those XB1000 drivers a new life. Those drivers really like to breathe from inside the cup and be sealed all the way or mostly sealed on the front (pad side). I used Shure Alcantara pads on these so they can breathe a little on the front of the driver but still maintain a seal somewhat. Alcantara pads are somewhere in the middle of velour and pleather for seal, leaning towards pleather traits. 

The cups are made of wood and painted black, nothing too special. The ports on the wood cups are 3/4" eyelets with some fine metal mesh in them for preventing anything from entering the cups. 

If anyone has any questions concerning the build or would like to replicate the same thing or similar I'd be more than happy to help. 

This was just a project, not something I normally do.

My friend, this is glorious!

Do we bassheads have our own godfather of headphone modding now?

I will serve you, oh wise master.

Ha well thanks man, it was a fun project.

Feb 16, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #1,738 of 1,853
Feb 16, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #1,739 of 1,853

Users who are viewing this thread

Back