The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor thread
Jul 9, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #138 of 1,431
“audio-technica ATH-AD700
audio-technica ATH-M50
Alessandro Music Series One”

Tyty150, your setup is exactly what I want to eventually get; I currently have the M50 right now.

Some helpful members have been recommending the MS1 and others the AD700.  Unfortunately, the end result of that is now I want both.  Can you describe for me how each of those differ from each other?  And if you were to buy one headphone, and not buy another for a year, would you choose the MS1 or the AD700?  Would also welcome others weighing in. 

Jul 9, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #141 of 1,431
This happens all the time for ads. They usually just paint it and thats what it looks like in this photo.

Quote:
It looks alot like the M50 , but I didn't know there was a white version of it o0

Jul 18, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #144 of 1,431
After much lurking on this site, I ordered my M50S's a week ago, then spent some of the longest 4 days of my life waiting for them to arrive. They are everything that was promised and possibly even more! They work excellently with my FiiO E5, with or without bass boost, depending on the song. The amount of detail revealed is amazing, even compared to my ATH-M40FS's (and the bass is definitely far better). I continue to become more pleased as they break in.

Jul 19, 2010 at 1:34 AM Post #146 of 1,431

Quote:
After much lurking on this site, I ordered my M50S's a week ago, then spent some of the longest 4 days of my life waiting for them to arrive. They are everything that was promised and possibly even more! They work excellently with my FiiO E5, with or without bass boost, depending on the song. The amount of detail revealed is amazing, even compared to my ATH-M40FS's (and the bass is definitely far better). I continue to become more pleased as they break in.

Well EGeek... Congrats on the M50's. Yeah, they continue to impress me.
Give us a nice report after they've broken-in. 
biggrin.gif

shane

Aug 13, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #147 of 1,431
I just recently ordered mine so Mr_Tasty I can't say much. I did research a lot and my friend has a pair (with about 2000 hrs burn in) and you wont believe the sound, specially from comparatively "cheap" headphones. Some of my friends did try to convince me in getting a Grado or the k181dj, but the sound in these are simply amazing. Like wine, only gets better with time and well can't wait for mine to arrive in a few days, fingers crossed.

Aug 13, 2010 at 2:35 PM Post #148 of 1,431
Even though I just picked up a pair of open-back ATH-AD700's, I will still keep my M50's close by at all times.  Whenever I need great isolation, strong bass, and a tight fit - my M50's will be my go-to cans.  I've had my M50's for a while now, and I really like them a lot.  The sound just keeps getting better and better.  I did order some velour pads from the DT250's for them though, because the pleather has gotten somewhat hard or "stale" feeling.  Harder earpads accompanied with the 100N pressure the M50's put on my head, its a little overwhelming.  I am growing tired of the enclosed feeling, large bass, and recessed mids of the M50's - which is why I bought the AD700 (not 900 because I'm one of those people that actually cares about spending money
wink_face.gif
). 

Nevertheless, if you're considering buying M50's, don't hesitate.  Even if open-back can be better for soundstage in a quiet room, you're going to need a good portable pair of closed-backs for when people won't shut their traps! 

Aug 13, 2010 at 5:28 PM Post #149 of 1,431
You're going to love them, mine came in yesterday after lurkin around here and other websites and narrowed it down as best for the price. I got the coiled version and I love it! I let em play while I was sleeping last night and I'm convinced today that these are the 'phones that I had to get. They're perfect for me.

Aug 13, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #150 of 1,431

Quote:
You're going to love them, mine came in yesterday after lurkin around here and other websites and narrowed it down as best for the price. I got the coiled version and I love it! I let em play while I was sleeping last night and I'm convinced today that these are the 'phones that I had to get. They're perfect for me.

awesome to hear, Kubiak!!! 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back