The Audio Technica collectors thread
May 28, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #136 of 171
Quote:
Have you heard the pro700 headphones. These are around 250$, are they better than M50?

The Pro700 MK2's are a DJ headphone. They have a strong bass response compared to the M50's neutral sound for studio monitoring. The Pro 700 MK2 also has a higher clamping force, presumably to fit on the DJ's head, and is probably a little more rugged.

I have a Pro 700MK2 ANV (special anniversary version of the M50) and an M50, and I wouldn't say one is 'better' than the other, since they sound on a similar level of detail except that one has far more bass.

May 29, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #137 of 171
I had my A900Xs for 14 days, the wings to me do not do a good job of supporting the headphones, not stiff enough, have to use a rubber band between the wings.
I like the sound, but because of the wings, they just do not seem to be worth the $240 I paid.
Think I might return them.

Jun 22, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #139 of 171
Quote:

I'd also whole heartedly recommend the ESW9 portable headphones. They are much less expensive and are a great choice for a first pair of Audio-Technica headphones, assuming you don't mind that they sit on-ear rather than over-ear (circumaural). They're portable, easy to store, attractive, and their sound is quite good in my opinion. I have a theory that Audio-Technica tuned them to be more like the now-discontinued ESW10JPN over time.

I've followed your advice and purchased a pair of ESW9. Very nice sound, specially the bass, kind of different form the others I got. Deep and with a nice colour.

I just listened them for five minutes but I liked them really. Next purchase: 3000ANV, hopefully this year.

Thanks for the tip!

L3000.gif

Jun 22, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #140 of 171
Quote:

I've followed your advice and purchased a pair of ESW9. Very nice sound, specially the bass, kind of different form the others I got. Deep and with a nice colour.

I just listened them for five minutes but I liked them really. Next purchase: 3000ANV, hopefully this year.

Thanks for the tip!

L3000.gif

Indeed, I had both and I think they were pretty similar with the ESW10JPN seeming to deliver just a bit more of the same than the ESW9 to me, but that could have been my brain trying to justify the price difference.  :wink:

"Deep and with a nice colour" is what I would call the typical AT house-sound which some of their phones, but not all deliver. The W3000ANV does fall into that category. The W1000X delivers much of what the W3000ANV offers for less money IMO but still, seen the discount prices the W3000ANV can be bought for these days it is worth the price difference.

Jun 26, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #141 of 171
Quote:

Indeed, I had both and I think they were pretty similar with the ESW10JPN seeming to deliver just a bit more of the same than the ESW9 to me, but that could have been my brain trying to justify the price difference.  :wink:

"Deep and with a nice colour" is what I would call the typical AT house-sound which some of their phones, but not all deliver. The W3000ANV does fall into that category. The W1000X delivers much of what the W3000ANV offers for less money IMO but still, seen the discount prices the W3000ANV can be bought for these days it is worth the price difference.

AppleheadMay, how does the PRO 700 MK2 compare to the ESW9? There's a good oportunity for me to buy a used one. I like good bass.

Jun 26, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #144 of 171
Quote:
I had my A900Xs for 14 days, the wings to me do not do a good job of supporting the headphones, not stiff enough, have to use a rubber band between the wings.
I like the sound, but because of the wings, they just do not seem to be worth the $240 I paid.
Think I might return them.

Ended up keeping the ATH-A900X, such nice sound for a closed headphone.
Now have to figure away to stiffen the wings, do not like it much when the cups slide down and rest on top of my ears.

Jun 26, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #145 of 171
Quote:
Ended up keeping the ATH-A900X, such nice sound for a closed headphone.
Now have to figure away to stiffen the wings, do not like it much when the cups slide down and rest on top of my ears.

If you unscrew the headband assembly you could take out the springs that tension the wings and try and find some stiffer ones of similar size at your local hardware store.

Jun 26, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #146 of 171
Quote:

If you unscrew the headband assembly you could take out the springs that tension the wings and try and find some stiffer ones of similar size at your local hardware store.

I'm thinking when the A900Xs are shipped out, the wing are held up while in the box, after awhile the metal springs retain the "memory" in that position.
So i need to tie the wings down for awhile to change the "memory".

Jun 26, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #147 of 171
Quote:
I'm thinking when the A900Xs are shipped out, the wing are held up while in the box, after awhile the metal springs retain the "memory" in that position.
So i need to tie the wings down for awhile to change the "memory".

Almost all the ATs come in the same sort of packaging but some people have problems with some ATs and not others.  I think that different models have different strength springs.

Jul 21, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #149 of 171
Hey I just know about this thread, very meaningful info here :D

Untill now I'm still wondering how limited AD1000PRM (some sources say it's 1000 pcs, but there's no really valid statement), A950LTD, and ATH PRO700 MK2 ANV, already try to gather info, but still haven't found one yet though

Dec 8, 2012 at 6:06 AM Post #150 of 171
Hey! Guys. I'm currently using ATH-AD300. I think to have a upgrade, I'm looking a large-sound stage headphone with V-shaped sound signature. Any suggestion? 
I'm currently considering ATH-AD900x...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back