The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Nov 2, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #5,746 of 7,138
did they say when the change was made? i still get emails asking if my LCD-2s are "Rev 1 or 2" 
o2smile.gif

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Nov 2, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #5,747 of 7,138
Isolation will affect perceived resolution due to open designs allowing in more ambient sound from your surroundings. I figured that was fairly common knowledge.

Barring that (and if you were listening to them all in a veritable vacuum), they're just as resolving as the SR-007 Mk1, and marginally better than the HE-6, based on my early listening impressions.

This makes no sense, and umm... no that's not "common knowledge". That's like saying watching TV from very far away will effect the resolution. Yeah it will but who watches TV from far away or listen to open backed headphones in a loud place? I guess it would be common sense to listen to music in a quiet place with open backed headphones though.

Nov 2, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #5,748 of 7,138
  did they say when the change was made? i still get emails asking if my LCD-2s are "Rev 1 or 2" 
o2smile.gif

This is exactly what they said:

"We currently don't have Revision 3 LCD2's. Our ear pads have recently changed. Our LCD3 ear pads used to be more comfortable because of the foam density but now we are using the same foam in both models so they should me more comfortable."

Nov 2, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #5,749 of 7,138
This makes no sense, and umm... no that's not "common knowledge". That's like saying watching TV from very far away will effect the resolution. Yeah it will but who watches TV from far away or listen to open backed headphones in a loud place? I guess it would be common sense to listen to music in a quiet place with open backed headphones though.

There's no such thing as a perfectly quiet environment, with most open-backs you'll pick up on just about any ambient sound. It's a given. Also, there's sound leakage, which can cause ambient noise on its own.

and trying to be nasty to me doesn't help you at all or make you look impressive. Snide comments like you made to me in your first reply, you can keep those to yourself. Especially when someone is going out of their way to accommodate you with information. Mmkay? :)

Nov 2, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #5,750 of 7,138

This is exactly what they said:

"We currently don't have Revision 3 LCD2's. Our ear pads have recently changed. Our LCD3 ear pads used to be more comfortable because of the foam density but now we are using the same foam in both models so they should me more comfortable."

To clarify for those who may not realize it...

The leather on the LCD-3 is still different (higher quality, i.e. softer) than the LCD-2.  The foam on all models is now the same, i.e. softer than the previous LCD-2.  The leather on the LCD-X is also the same as the LCD-3, except that it's black.  And just to be pointlessly complete, the vegan option is the same regardless of model.

Nov 2, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #5,751 of 7,138
There's no such thing as a perfectly quiet environment, with most open-backs you'll pick up on just about any ambient sound. It's a given. Also, there's sound leakage, which can cause ambient noise on its own.

and trying to be nasty to me doesn't help you at all or make you look impressive. Snide comments like you made to me in your first reply, you can keep those to yourself. Especially when someone is going out of their way to accommodate you with information. Mmkay?
smily_headphones1.gif

Nasty? Snide? Trying to be impressive? Mmkay man 
rolleyes.gif

I'm just pointing out it's not common sense. Your logic is unique to say the least. Yes ambient noise is part of everyday life, this is just a baseline for being a human being in society, not a critical factor in determining a headphone's resolution, and not "common sense". Resolution is how much sonic information is presented by a driver in a normal listening envioronment.

Nov 3, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #5,752 of 7,138
and that resolution is affected when additional "information" is added from your surroundings. "Listen in a quiet area." Yeah, like that's always possible. People don't use open headphones for mastering because more relevant detail can be extracted when you aren't picking up on clicks and humming from other equipment, that changes perceived resolution. Few companies have bothered with closed planar headphones because it's very difficult to get an acceptable FR curve, isolation, and low distortion, all at the same time from them. Now Audeze can really get into the studio game, and that's a big deal.

Nov 3, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #5,754 of 7,138
Weight and comfort can be a deal breaker to some though.

Indeed, though I am getting accustomed to them, they were a little bit of a surprise when I first hefted them and put them on.

Nov 4, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #5,756 of 7,138
Yeah true, I really hope Audeze doesn't release revisional updates to the drivers like they did with the LCD2's, talk about low resale value and waste of money.

Agree, I bought LCD2.1 and 4 months later LCD2.2 came out, I was so upset, kind of reminded me iPhone 4 to 4S, lol.

I really like the Sound Signature of Audeze headphones but it's too heavy and uncomfortable IMO, will wait.

Nov 4, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #5,758 of 7,138
  My pair LCD2 fell from 1 meter on the carpet. Do you think guys, could not happen something to drivers or damping? Thanks

Well damping is just fabric, that won't break by dropping the headphones. Most of the LCD2 is either wood/bamboo, or steel, neither of which are too susceptible to 1m drops, if they do you'd spot the crack right away.

The vulnerable parts are 1) the membranes, 2) the magnets, and 3) the solder joints. You could open up the drivers, peel off the fabric damping, and inspect all of them closely. If you don't spot any cracks in the magnets/solders, or tears/warps in the membranes, then there probably isn't any real damage taken.

Nov 4, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #5,759 of 7,138
I advocate making sure your Audeze are wearing their seat belts too
wink_face.gif

Nov 26, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #5,760 of 7,138

I believe I have the LCD2.2s. I ordered them direct from Audeze 1 week ago. I have the softer memory foam from the LCD3s as well. Are my measurements the same as everyone elses? I can attest that these sound more bright with a bit of air compared to the LCD2.1s I demoed a few weeks ago. Let me know your thoughts ... thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back