The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Mar 29, 2013 at 8:17 AM Post #4,336 of 7,138
Both are awesome but I do have to say I definitely prefer the real leather pads myself. BY THE WAY Justin was really great in the transaction I would highly recommend purchase of Audeze product from him. If I decide try a set of 3's in the future will for sure get ahold of Justin for that.  :thumbsup::sunglasses:

Mar 29, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #4,337 of 7,138
just received vegan bamboo lcd-2.2 from Justin at headamp.  

was regretting going for the bamboo after seeing those rosewood pics, but upon opening the box, Im glad I went bamboo with the vegan pads.  Looks better in person and compliments the pads nicely

I will say that I recall the leather pads being slightly darker sounding.  The vegan is much more comfortable, and the clamping/pseudo pressure is gone which never really bothered me, but not having it a welcome change.  

Apr 2, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #4,338 of 7,138
I just got my Plussound Exo series cable (silver plated copper) and it sounds pretty nice. I was concerned i would experience the midrange suck out that many people have talked about on these forums. The sonic difference b/n this and the stock cable is subtle but really noticeable. I would say that the stock lcd had a propensity to somewhat collapse during very intense passages, or should i say meld the sounds together so it was hard to tell one from another. long story short, things could get messy. Not with this cable...the highs are very nicely defined no without any hint of exaggeration, the sound is clearer with very much improved separation and i'm now hearing a bit more in the field of dynamics (loud vs soft sounds), and vocals are even more nuanced than before. All this allows for a good increase in detail retrieval across the entire spectrum. Let me not forget to talk about that bass( you all know what i'm talking about). The bass is even more defined/detailed, losing some of its bloom for a very tight presentation, still without losing the impact we have all come to love. Overall i'm very pleased and I think everyone should get an aftermarket cable, because there is much untapped potential. This is not to say the stock cable is bad, but it could definitely be improved upon. I also hear that the q cable is a popular option (pure copper). Cheers!  

Apr 2, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #4,339 of 7,138
Got my foam headband for my LCD2... comfort just went from a 6.5 to an 7.5. JUST what I needed. MUCH better than those leather bumps. Could be an 8 if the pads were the vegan... but I slightly prefer the extra warmth and mids of the leather.

ut

Apr 2, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #4,340 of 7,138
My LCD2.2s are extremely comfortable just the way they are. No issues with these phones at all.

Apr 2, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #4,341 of 7,138
Quote:
My LCD2.2s are extremely comfortable just the way they are. No issues with these phones at all.

Agreed...they are a tad heavy, but the weight is distributed very well..

Apr 2, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #4,342 of 7,138
I very much agree that the foam headband is better than the leather.

Quote:
Got my foam headband for my LCD2... comfort just went from a 6.5 to an 7.5. JUST what I needed. MUCH better than those leather bumps. Could be an 8 if the pads were the vegan... but I slightly prefer the extra warmth and mids of the leather.

ut

Apr 2, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #4,343 of 7,138
I've been using the foam headband I got from Audeze (apparently the last one they had around at the time) as well for my newer rev.2's as I find it much more comfortable as well. Sure it doesn't look as good as the leather ones, but I'll take function over form anyday. IMO Audeze should continue to supply these as an option, or change the leather ones so that it's bumpless and softer.

Apr 2, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #4,345 of 7,138
beerchug.gif

I'll take you up on it next time down under.

Quote:
I owe a beer to MT, MLE and K_19, I thought I was the only one here who liked the foam headband. Glad you guys liked/like it as well.

Apr 3, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #4,347 of 7,138
Quote:

ut

Please don't take this the wrong way - those look really nice -- but I was thinking, someone (with comfort issues) could almost duplicate that, at least the feel of it, with some adhesive foam weatherstripping -- for about $3!

Once on the head I bet they'd feel pretty good with that sort of foam  (if I had comfort issues I'd probably be trying it - but I'm pleased with the feel)

Also, out of curiosity - did you get the foam headband from Audeze? I wonder if they a) make them as an option b) it's "left-over" from previous model, or c) simply custom made because you requested it ?

Simply curious .... 
beerchug.gif
       (or maybe I'll suddenly lose my hair and have comfort issues!)

edit: to add, I didn't see K-19's post when I wrote this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back