The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Aug 29, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #2,911 of 7,138
Quote:

Heres mine. My camera isn't that good but I can see a gap, so they are not sealed all the way in and both are the same.

Have you recieved your replacement cable yet?

Yeah, I got the replacement. Works like a charm so far.

Just about 3 more weeks until I get my new cable from Frank. I can't wait.

Aug 29, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #2,915 of 7,138
Quote:

The HE-6 more neutral then your LCD2's?

I've heard the HE-6 for around 10 minutes (which isn't really a proper audition) but I found that it had a shimmering treble range.

I guess it depends on the system components, the HE-6 are notorious for not responding well to certain amplifiers.  Mine sound full & a tiny bit warmer than neutral.  I've heard systems that make them sound piercing as well (a WA5's K1000 port comes to mind, don't know what tubes).  So, they're certainly more transparent of upstream components than the LCD-2.  Mine kind of sound more like HE-500's with much better depth and image specificity, but w/o that bass bloom.  One thing that's refreshing is: no resonance!  

Aug 29, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #2,917 of 7,138
Quote:

I guess it depends on the system components, the HE-6 are notorious for not responding well to certain amplifiers.  Mine sound full & a tiny bit warmer than neutral.  I've heard systems that make them sound piercing as well (a WA5's K1000 port comes to mind, don't know what tubes).  So, they're certainly more transparent of upstream components than the LCD-2.  Mine kind of sound more like HE-500's with much better depth and image specificity, but w/o that bass bloom.  One thing that's refreshing is: no resonance!  

Quote:

I found that it had a shimmering treble range.

This is not the case with a properly amped HE-6.  As Sphinxvc said above ^^

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #2,921 of 7,138
I just ordered a pair of vegan pads and a balanced cable for the LCD-2.  Impressions coming soon, as I chose 2nd day air.  Your questions about the Vegan pads' seal, bass response and comfort will soon be answered!

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #2,922 of 7,138
Quote:
Yeah, I got the replacement. Works like a charm so far.

Just about 3 more weeks until I get my new cable from Frank. I can't wait.

3 weeks, you should be so lucky. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back