The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Aug 27, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #2,866 of 7,138
Quote:
Just took a pic of my brand new LCD-2 on my Omega Walnut stand.

I see you have the ear pieces adjusted down as far as they will go.  Is that how you wear them?  I guess I either have a very large head or low ears but I actually wish there was one more notch to get them centered on my ear canals. 

Aug 27, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #2,867 of 7,138
Quote:
I see you have the ear pieces adjusted down as far as they will go.  Is that how you wear them?  I guess I either have a very large head or low ears but I actually wish there was one more notch to get them centered on my ear canals. 

I wear them like that. I have a very large head as well. I think they should either make the headband longer or have more notches.

Aug 27, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #2,868 of 7,138
Quote:
I wear them like that. I have a very large head as well. I think they should either make the headband longer or have more notches.

Good to know I'm not the only one!  In my experience, Sennheiser is the only company that provides enough extension.

Aug 27, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #2,871 of 7,138
Does anyone here have recommendation for portable amp for the LCD-2 v.2?  Currently I'm using iBasso pb2 but looking for something that has more power, larger soundstage, and more transparent.  Basically, I am looking for an upgrade from my iBasso pb2.

Aug 27, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #2,873 of 7,138
Quote:
I think they should either make the headband longer or have more notches.

They make longer posts.  Request some from support and they will ship them to you.  Had the longer posts for my Rev2 and LCD-3.

Aug 27, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #2,874 of 7,138
Interestingly, i've not seen any posts talking about the vegan headband. Anyone actually tried those before? Main reason I asked is because the brown colour looks nice :p

I have tried both the leather and leather free versions of the lcd-2. I cant really comment on the sound because I only had the leather version for a short time (shipping error). As for the headband though. I found the lambskin to be slippery and uncomfortable after some time (maybe that goes away after a while). The vegan headband didn't slip for me and found my head handled the new weight better because of it.

Aug 27, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #2,876 of 7,138
Update on my replacement cable delay: I contacted them. Apparently they lost the RMA. I sent them the Fedex signature showing they received it. I received the replacement cable two days later. Guess I should have bugged them about it sooner.

Aug 27, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #2,877 of 7,138
Quote:
I have tried both the leather and leather free versions of the lcd-2. I cant really comment on the sound because I only had the leather version for a short time (shipping error). As for the headband though. I found the lambskin to be slippery and uncomfortable after some time (maybe that goes away after a while). The vegan headband didn't slip for me and found my head handled the new weight better because of it.

So they are heavier than say the foam headband? Ive tried the leather ones and found them uncomfortable so I was wondering if the way the leather free distributes weight the same way as the leather ones.

Aug 27, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #2,878 of 7,138
Quote:

So they are heavier than say the foam headband? Ive tried the leather ones and found them uncomfortable so I was wondering if the way the leather free distributes weight the same way as the leather ones.

I wouldn't say the way it distributes weight is different (at least not noticeably). But the padding certainly felt dissimilar. The leather-free feels more like a memory foam that takes a little longer to move into place. The leather felt almost bouncy to me. 

Aug 27, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #2,879 of 7,138
Man, why oh why can these headphones not be a bit more comfortable.  This sound is absolutely incredible, but my god, the comfort.  I can only have my glasses on for a short period of time, and then even when I take them off, I'm getting too much pressure around my jaw bones.  I'm gonna have to find a way to make this work, because I can't leave this sound behind.

Aug 27, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #2,880 of 7,138
LCD 3. :wink:

Quote:
Man, why oh why can these headphones not be a bit more comfortable.  This sound is absolutely incredible, but my god, the comfort.  I can only have my glasses on for a short period of time, and then even when I take them off, I'm getting too much pressure around my jaw bones.  I'm gonna have to find a way to make this work, because I can't leave this sound behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back