The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Aug 3, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #2,386 of 7,138
Quote:
Can someone tell me the diameter of the circumference of the ear pad? Please and thank you.

Diameter is 112mm, 352mm circumference.

Aug 3, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #2,388 of 7,138
Hi everybody,
Is there any difference in term of sound quality in newest LCD-2s r2 version (rosewood/bambo wood with new connection type) comparing to the older version (rosewood with old connection type)? I have seen some said that the latest version of the LCD-2s R2 (R3 ?!) have a new revolution and better pads..
Thanks!

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:58 AM Post #2,389 of 7,138
Hi everybody,
Is there any difference in term of sound quality in newest LCD-2s r2 version (rosewood/bambo wood with new connection type) comparing to the older version (rosewood with old connection type)? I have seen some said that the latest version of the LCD-2s R2 (R3 ?!) have a new revolution and better pads..
Thanks!

There is no driver revision in the most recent LCD-2 Rev.2. Most of us call it rev. 2b. Full revision numbers are reserved for when there is a significant driver change. The big changes for this revision are the driver housing material (which makes the headphone slightly lighter, in terms of bamboo) and the connectors, which make for the cables not being awkwardly positioned and the housing not cracking at the vulnerable connection point.

Kojaku

Aug 3, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #2,390 of 7,138
I Love the LCD-2(rev.2) / Violectric V200 combination. I love the LCD-2(rev.2) / Violectric V200 combination. I love the LCD-2(rev.2) / Violectric V200 combination.

Repeat to Infinity. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 3, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #2,391 of 7,138
Quote:
There is no driver revision in the most recent LCD-2 Rev.2. Most of us call it rev. 2b. Full revision numbers are reserved for when there is a significant driver change. The big changes for this revision are the driver housing material (which makes the headphone slightly lighter, in terms of bamboo) and the connectors, which make for the cables not being awkwardly positioned and the housing not cracking at the vulnerable connection point.
Kojaku

Oh thank you so much, Kojaku.
So according to what you said, i think there is only the Lcd2s r2 which have the bamboo housing are the LCD2 r2b, not the rosewood things. Besides, i really like the old wood conecting angle more than the unrelated plastic one and don't care much about rosewood or bamboo material coz both of them are so beautiful
bigsmile_face.gif
. Thus, i think i can still happy with my current LCD2 r2a hehe

Aug 3, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #2,392 of 7,138
Quote:
Oh thank you so much, Kojaku.
So according to what you said, i think there is only the Lcd2s r2 which have the bamboo housing are the LCD2 r2b, not the rosewood things. Besides, i really like the old wood conecting angle more than the unrelated plastic one and don't care much about rosewood or bamboo material coz both of them are so beautiful
bigsmile_face.gif
. Thus, i think i can still happy with my current LCD2 r2a hehe

I prefer my Rev 2.5b hehe. LCD-2 Rev. 2b with LCD-3 pads. Better seal, slightly closer driver position, more present treble...it's good stuff :). Brings me back to my old days of pad-modding :)

Kojaku

Aug 3, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #2,393 of 7,138
Quote:
Rubbermaid Fast track Hook:
http://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-5E12-FastTrack-Hose-Hook/dp/B0009J5NUY/ref=sr_1_12?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1343892691&sr=1-12&keywords=rubbermaid+fasttrack
14a5dce4_IMG_0990.jpg

Kojaku

Wow! I love it!

I was hunting for inexpensive LCD-2 compatible stands.

Do the end of the connectors touch the bottom? And that picture is at minimum headband extension? 

Aug 3, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #2,394 of 7,138
Quote:

Wow! I love it!

I was hunting for inexpensive LCD-2 compatible stands.

Do the end of the connectors touch the bottom? And that picture is at minimum headband extension? 

It is at minimum extension. The connectors only touch the bottom (at least for me, with my custom cable) when the headband is beyond 4 clicks on each side.

Kojaku

Aug 3, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #2,395 of 7,138
Quote:
I Love the LCD-2(rev.2) / Violectric V200 combination. I love the LCD-2(rev.2) / Violectric V200 combination. I love the LCD-2(rev.2) / Violectric V200 combination.

Repeat to Infinity. 
biggrin.gif

I share you sentiment:-

Repeat to Infinity.  

bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 4, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #2,396 of 7,138
Quote:
I prefer my Rev 2.5b hehe. LCD-2 Rev. 2b with LCD-3 pads. Better seal, slightly closer driver position, more present treble...it's good stuff :). Brings me back to my old days of pad-modding :)

Kojaku

How did u get LCD3 pads for ur LCD2s? Last I checked, Audeze wont sell those pads unless u own a pair of LCD3s urself

Aug 4, 2012 at 2:40 AM Post #2,397 of 7,138
How did u get LCD3 pads for ur LCD2s? Last I checked, Audeze wont sell those pads unless u own a pair of LCD3s urself

I made a very good friend who owns an LCD-3.

Kojaku

Aug 4, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #2,398 of 7,138
Quote:
I made a very good friend who owns an LCD-3.
Kojaku

Dont suppose u have anymore of those friends lying around? XD

Apparently the audeze guys dont want to sell them for LCD2 owners because it may impact sound quality in a negative way. Did u experience this with the LCD3 pads on LCD2?

Oh and is every single LCD3 entitled to only 1 pair of extra earpads?

Aug 4, 2012 at 6:40 AM Post #2,399 of 7,138
Quote:
Apparently the audeze guys dont want to sell them for LCD2 owners because it may impact sound quality in a negative way. Did u experience this with the LCD3 pads on LCD2?

Oh and is every single LCD3 entitled to only 1 pair of extra earpads?

Really? I thought it might be because "it may impact sound quality in a positive way"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back