The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Apr 24, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #1,486 of 7,138

Quote:
LCD-2 r 2 best headphone heard so far. they play real loud without distortion, with other headphones it felt a bit like the music was a bit close to distorting. They have great treble that dances on your brain. And the impact is great really fast crisp punchy. Imagine hitting a hammer against another piece of metal it s like a nice sharp whack in a good way - hard to explain...great quick sharp impact. Play's piano well. Really happy. Powering them with an O2 amp.

Nothing like listening to some Massive Attack with LCD2:s, I think these phones are just made for that :D Sweet soundwalls of high pitched stuff, angel liek women singing and super low punching deep bass sounds somewhere on the background, doesnt get much better than that :D

Apr 24, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #1,487 of 7,138

Quote:
Just received, moments ago
gs1000.gif

The wood is beautiful and I must state, the pictures don't do them justice!

Is it me or does that look like a now 3rd revision to the pads?  My Rev2 is thinner in the front and flat with no give for wrinkles.  These looks like black LCD-3 pads?

Apr 24, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #1,488 of 7,138
The pads do look alot rounder on the edges than my R2s.  It's hard to tell from the picture, but based on all of the folds, they also appear to be less firm.
Quote:

Is it me or does that look like a now 3rd revision to the pads?  My Rev2 is thinner in the front and flat with no give for wrinkles.  These looks like black LCD-3 pads?

Apr 24, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #1,489 of 7,138
Both my R1 and R2 pads are smooth as ... and no wrinkles. Definitely different pads on Rev. "Bamboo". 

Apr 24, 2012 at 11:09 AM Post #1,492 of 7,138
Quote:

AOmega X said:

Just received, moments ago
gs1000.gif

The wood is beautiful and I must state, the pictures don't do them justice!

@AOmega X can you please take more pics of you lcd-2, tha pads is indeed different from the pictures that audeze published on the internet for the LCD-2 with new Bambbo wood !!

Apr 25, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #1,495 of 7,138

Quote:
@AOmega X can you please take more pics of you lcd-2, tha pads is indeed different from the pictures that audeze published on the internet for the LCD-2 with new Bambbo wood !!

The Leather and the compliance of the ear-pads are extremely soft, creating an almost vacuum like suction upon wearing.
I cannot remember the earlier version being this soft.

I will take some more detailed pictures later, this is what was leftover from my previous photo-shoot.

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #1,496 of 7,138
What's a good ~$500 amp to start with for these? I have a thread about it without much help... I am looking to upgrade from my hd598/dt770. I'm guessing the difference will be night and day clarity wise? I am really just wanting to build my setup around these, right now other than 4 sets of cans, I only have a total bithead since I haven't needed any serious amping yet. I would like a nice well rounded desktop amp. I was considering the Lyr or Bellari HA540. But any pointers would be appreciated greatly. Also what's the wait like on these? There is a list for them still right?

Apr 26, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #1,497 of 7,138

Quote:

The Leather and the compliance of the ear-pads are extremely soft, creating an almost vacuum like suction upon wearing.

I will take some more detailed pictures later, this is what was leftover from my previous photo-shoot.

I strongly believe there are two kinds of pads for the LCD2. Back in August ,i had an LCD2 Rev2 that i tried for a week, it had wrinkled pads exactly like that , the foam was much softer. However i exchanged for a 2nd pair due to the crack on my first pair, the 2nd pair had a much much stiffer foam which was not so comfortable but i like the wood much more on that one. 

Apr 26, 2012 at 4:11 AM Post #1,498 of 7,138

Quote:

It sounds like the LCD-2 Rev. 3 has not only gotten the LCD-3's connectors, but also their pads (in black) as well.

Don't know if I like that vacuum thing, though. For the record, I find the Rev. 2's pads extremely comfy.

Apr 26, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #1,499 of 7,138

Quote:

It sounds like the LCD-2 Rev. 3 has not only gotten the LCD-3's connectors, but also their pads (in black) as well.

Don't know if I like that vacuum thing, though. For the record, I find the Rev. 2's pads extremely comfy.

X2. The reduced clamp,compared to r1 version makes a big difference to the comfort as well. I actually find the LCD2r2's very comfortable.

Apr 26, 2012 at 6:25 AM Post #1,500 of 7,138

LCD-2 r 2 bamboo just got them days ago. Sorry for messy desk.
They do have a bit of a suction feeling on your head tho it's a good thing seals well needed for good bass. they are very soft. Very comfy, I can live with the weight.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back