The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Apr 23, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #1,472 of 7,138

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've decided to exchange my LCD-2 Bamboo for the new rosewood version. I'm sure you've all be waiting breathlessly for that decision.

Oh, you have no idea. Until about four minutes ago, I had no idea they were doing the rosewood with new connectors. When you get yours, pics... pics... pics... for the love of everything.

And then all I need to do is get ahold of a set to test 'em...

Apr 23, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #1,473 of 7,138

Quote:

Oh, you have no idea. Until about four minutes ago, I had no idea they were doing the rosewood with new connectors. When you get yours, pics... pics... pics... for the love of everything.

And then all I need to do is get ahold of a set to test 'em...

Also ordering the the rosewoods tomorrow.  will take pics whenever they show up (probably not for weeks?).

Apr 23, 2012 at 7:08 AM Post #1,474 of 7,138

Quote:

Also ordering the the rosewoods tomorrow.  will take pics whenever they show up (probably not for weeks?).

OK !! what's wrong with the bamboo wood ?! i just ordered one. and i read about it, the bamboo seems more rigid than the rosewood and also they sound the same, right ?

Apr 23, 2012 at 7:29 AM Post #1,475 of 7,138

Quote:

OK !! what's wrong with the bamboo wood ?! i just ordered one. and i read about it, the bamboo seems more rigid than the rosewood and also they sound the same, right ?

Nothing is wrong with the bamboo.  In fact, I kind of liked the look of it--except for the crack of course.  Plus, I think it's lighter.  I just happen to like the rosewood better.  If my wait drags on, I could find myself going for bamboo again.

Apr 23, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #1,476 of 7,138

Quote:

Nothing I suppose.  By all accounts it should be more durable than the rosewood.  However, based off the few pictures I've seen I prefer the wood grain of the rosewood as opposed to the bamboo.  Both have the warranty as far as I know.

Apr 23, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #1,477 of 7,138
Possible Panda Attack!  Or...........Zombie Panda's!!!!
Quote:

Apr 23, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #1,478 of 7,138
Just received, moments ago
gs1000.gif

The wood is beautiful and I must state, the pictures don't do them justice!

Apr 23, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #1,481 of 7,138
Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Just received, moments ago
gs1000.gif

The wood is beautiful and I must state, the pictures don't do them justice!

Apr 23, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #1,482 of 7,138
I have been playing and casually listening since my unveiling.
It's coming up on 9hrs now and I will probably start my review process and critical listening around 50hrs. 

Will post my findings then, so far I am very, very happy with what I have been hearing
L3000.gif

Apr 24, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #1,483 of 7,138
I love my LCD2(rev.2) / Violectric HPA V200 combo.

Apr 24, 2012 at 6:18 AM Post #1,485 of 7,138
LCD-2 r 2 best headphone heard so far. they play real loud without distortion, with other headphones it felt a bit like the music was a bit close to distorting. They have great treble that dances on your brain. And the impact is great really fast crisp punchy. Imagine hitting a hammer against another piece of metal it s like a nice sharp whack in a good way - hard to explain...great quick sharp impact. Play's piano well. Really happy. Powering them with an O2 amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back