The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Mar 25, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #1,171 of 7,138
Quote:
I'd have to agree on that one. My biggest worry when buying them was all the talk about them being uncomfortable, but they're not that bad really. My HD650s are nicer of course, but still.

It depends what your point of reference is.  If I imagined all manner of things I could put on my head, in life, then no, they're not that uncomfortable.  But if you're talking headphones, they're the worst.  

Quote:
I tried putting it on the other way, but soon realised that it wouldn't work without some wood work du to the anti-rotate slot and metal-flip... I have to wear it very far back on my head to get the angle right. 

I tried that too today.  I then decided I might try making my own headband, and went off to ebay yarmulkes.  But alas, there are no leather yarmulkes, so I bought an 8x10 piece of leather scrap to try with.  Will report back if I succeed.

Mar 25, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #1,172 of 7,138

Quote:
No.  Mine is pretty comfortable.

Yeah. I imagine these could be softer, but I like them a lot. Wearing them right now. 
beyersmile.png

Mar 26, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #1,173 of 7,138

Make sure to report back on the DIY headband :)
Quote:
Quote:
........ I then decided I might try making my own headband, and went off to ebay yarmulkes.  But alas, there are no leather yarmulkes, so I bought an 8x10 piece of leather scrap to try with.  Will report back if I succeed.

Mar 27, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #1,177 of 7,138

Quote:
I do not know what you know, but it is bamboo compostie, LCD3-type connectors and will soon be available.

But the drivers are unchanged? So calling them the r.3 is a bit inaccurate IMO.

Mar 28, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #1,180 of 7,138
As far as I've been told there ain't no new drivers. But the Bamboo will definitely induce a totally different sound (.... :wink:. And also, Audez'e is "Innovations Every Day"-hence you never know about new drivers.....
Quote:
But the drivers are unchanged? So calling them the r.3 is a bit inaccurate IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back