The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Jan 27, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #751 of 7,138
Quote:
For months on end I looked into B22 builds but I decided not to ever buy one.  There are just too many different builders, different components used, and where do you turn if it fails later on?   32 years of buying gear I've been burned too many times and I'm weary of the hassles such a dependence can take.  In my opinion there are  many more reliable offerings to take a chance on.   

The one I heard was from SolderWorksAudio, Corey, or fishski13 as he's known on this forum.  Does a fantastic build of the Beta.  And I believe he has a better "service guarantee" than almost all commercial equivalents.

Jan 27, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #753 of 7,138
Hm. My German car is up for service next. 120.000km service.Mandatory services are each 30K and 60K km.

I bet my V200 and G100 will last for a lifetime, though. :)

"A Nowegian is shouting music to a German, which is dictating how the American is going to sing it."

Jan 28, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #754 of 7,138
I didn't work on this illustration for ages and will certainly disagree with myself from time to time, but I'm glad if it can be a reference-point for discussion - even if nobody thinks it's correct... 
smile.gif

Quote:

Hmm, for myself I'm not quite sold on the dotted lines representing a less-defined soundfield border either but will investigate 
tongue_smile.gif

I hear the HD800 about that way compared to my rev.1, but I hear the rev.1 more like the HE-500 is diagrammed as far as the borders go.

Stick around a while, this is "just a phase" 
gs1000.gif

Jan 28, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #758 of 7,138
Listening to both the LCD-2 rev. 1 and LCD-3 for most of my free time today, I've sort of come to the conclusion that I actually prefer the LCD-2 rev. 1 slightly. The presentation on the LCD-2 rev. 1 is very intimate to my ears, with music cocooning me in snugly in a blanket of euphony. The LCD-3 has more delicacy and finesse to my ears, and that leads to a sense of greater refinement. However the LCD-2 rev. 1 is paradoxically more engaging (do to its forwardness) and also more laid back. It's a rather unique combination that tips the scale in its favor for my current tastes.

Just some brief musings, FWIW.

Edit: Both were running off the Leben. It's fun to play with the bass boost and turn the already cavernous bottom end into something resembling a tyrannosaur taking a morning jog through your cranium. Both are mighty impressive in this regard, though the LCD-3 has a tad bit more extension and better decay. The LCD-2 rev. 1 however seems more hypnotic to listen to with bassy tracks, again, due to the presentation. The bass is more enveloping.

Jan 28, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #759 of 7,138
For those who were wondering about second hand warranty, i sent an email asking Audeze about it and this is their reply:

Quote:
Hello Darren,
The 3 year warranty is fully transferable. You would want to make record (receipt) of your transaction for the used purchase. You can then register your headphones through our website at this link: http://audeze.com/warranty-registration
Thank you very much,
Audez'e Support

Jan 28, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #760 of 7,138

Quote:
For those who were wondering about second hand warranty, i sent an email asking Audeze about it and this is their reply:

Good on Audeze. Not many manufacturers allow transferable warranties.

Jan 28, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #761 of 7,138
Guess Im going to join the ranks of LCD2 owners maybe this coming week. I have two sets of grados and I am looking for something different. I think Im going with the rev 2 since alot of users claim them to be better or not much different for $1k more. The 3 year warranty is also a major plus.

Jan 28, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #762 of 7,138
My daughter has Grados and I don't understand how people put up with them.  I mean how do you know if you have them sitting on your ears correctly? At least this is the case for me with the Grado 801's.  Any small adjustment in placement can really change the frequency response and there is simply no way to know when you have them sitting correctly.  

Jan 28, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #763 of 7,138
I don't have any issues with fit on either set. I do however need something to ease the pain on my ears. My helix is raw and swollen from them rubbing my ears. 

I do enjoy the sound though so I find ways to put up with it. I won a set of ps500s from grado through Facebook. If I grab a set of lcds, I will most likely sell my magnums. 

Jan 28, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #764 of 7,138

Quote:
I don't have any issues with fit on either set. I do however need something to ease the pain on my ears. My helix is raw and swollen from them rubbing my ears. 

I do enjoy the sound though so I find ways to put up with it. I won a set of ps500s from grado through Facebook. If I grab a set of lcds, I will most likely sell my magnums. 

Well, you can't beat winning a set of ps 500's that for sure! 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back