The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Jan 12, 2012 at 4:44 AM Post #526 of 7,138

Thanks for these Frank - I have a long list of tube suppliers (thanks WA) and I'm ready to roll 
wink_face.gif

Quote:
i am glad you like it. I have never looked back. Now look for some sylvania EL84 blackplates and I use the Mullard 12AT7 but my Taboo is with the CSPN so I think you will need the 12AX7 and the Genelex comes as a recommended tube. The Sylvania are my favorite EL84 so far.

Jan 12, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #527 of 7,138
im not happy about paying 200$ to fedex as customes and fees..but i got the lcd2 yesterday.
still havent seen it since im out of country and will return tomorrow to rip the package:)

i know ill like it as i like the warm signatures like the 650s.i think it will complement the jh13 pretty well.

Jan 12, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #528 of 7,138

Quote:
im not happy about paying 200$ to fedex as customes and fees..but i got the lcd2 yesterday.
still havent seen it since im out of country and will return tomorrow to rip the package:)
 ever
i know ill like it as i like the warm signatures like the 650s.i think it will complement the jh13 pretty well.

I'm 100% sure that you will absolutely love your new LCD-2's.  With the HD-650's and the JH13 IEM's you'll be set for quite some time ....until the upgradeitus bug srikes again : )
Strong recommendation for future cross-border sales/purchases - NEVER ever use FEDEX, UPS, DPS or Purolator - you will ALWAYS be hit with exhorbitant fees, charges, duties and whatever else they can soak you for! Stick to plain and simple USPS or Canada  Post where you will rarely if ever get hit by those fes!  Ask for ground shipping.  You will be pleasantly surprised (and with $ in your pocket)!!!

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:38 AM Post #529 of 7,138

Quote:

I had to pay 50% extra in taxes...

Jan 13, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #532 of 7,138
@ sphinxvc: A beauty. :)

----

Quote:
50%?!!!! Whaaaaat. Where?

Jan 13, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #533 of 7,138

Quote:

I'm 100% sure that you will absolutely love your new LCD-2's.  With the HD-650's and the JH13 IEM's you'll be set for quite some time ....until the upgradeitus bug srikes again : )
Strong recommendation for future cross-border sales/purchases - NEVER ever use FEDEX, UPS, DPS or Purolator - you will ALWAYS be hit with exhorbitant fees, charges, duties and whatever else they can soak you for! Stick to plain and simple USPS or Canada  Post where you will rarely if ever get hit by those fes!  Ask for ground shipping.  You will be pleasantly surprised (and with $ in your pocket)!!!

ya,its an expensive headphone and im across the world from the US,reputable shipping method is mandatory in my case.i knew i would pay hefty price but not this much.
anyway,my first impression with only a couple of songs,definatly amazing sound.three things catched me right away.excellent bass,timbre,mids and comfort(yes i find it very comfortable if slightly heavy).

will need some time to compare it to the jh13 but for sure they are both excellent together.

Jan 13, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #535 of 7,138
Norway "only" charge 25% of the total amount (cost + freight though) + some import fee. And when Audeze charge shipping cost as they donow - deal breaker. I'm glad I order the LCD-2s before the shipping charges went through the roof...

Jan 13, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #536 of 7,138
Quote:
Nice. What's the verdict out of the Zodiac?

The sound is totally organic.  Can't think of a better word.  I have gone back and forth between the CTH & the Zodiac's output several times and it's clear that the Zodiac is a step ahead categorically.  I'm sure the tube matters as well, and I don't have an esoteric boutique one in my CTH, but no matter which of my four tubes I roll to I can't shake the feeling that they all ruin the almost-perfect tonality of the Zodiac, so why bother with more expensive variations on coloration?  

The only thing that has left me wanting so far is the travel on the volume pot.  I reach a comfortable listening volume at 12 o'clock, so I'm concerned about headroom.  If the Zodiac put out a watt more it would have put a rest to my worries.

Overall, 'money well spent' is my verdict.

Jan 13, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #539 of 7,138
That is in fact what happens - We seldom "fall in love" with the LCD-2s right away because it is not a spectacular headphone (like e.g. HD800). The Audeze creeps under your skin as time progresses - and BOOM - you're hooked, or you are not.

Quote:
I was originally posting something that became obsolete, so I just make a short edit and tell you that I'm in the process falling in love with the LCD-2 rev.1 !!!

Jan 13, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #540 of 7,138
Quote:
That is in fact what happens - We seldom "fall in love" with the LCD-2s right away because it is not a spectacular headphone (like e.g. HD800). The Audeze creeps under your skin as time progresses - and BOOM - you're hooked, or you are not.

Not gonna lie, that's how I caught the Ortho bug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back