The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Jan 10, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #511 of 7,138

Quote:

I've been doing this for a while now
frown.gif
. Deciding between a V200 & a V800 or go for the whole shebang and get a V800 -> CSP2+ -> TABOO or V800 and the Darkstar. Funny thing is I had a cap'd budget of $1500, oh how that went out the window really fast
biggrin.gif

It's really a question now on wether or not you have the patience for tubes or you want the convenience of solid state.

Jan 10, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #512 of 7,138
Ya thats what I'm expecting.  I'm counting the hours down... I have most likely 48 hrs left... hopefully less..
mad.gif

Quote:
I would be too if I was driving them straight out a laptop
tongue_smile.gif

You're in for a surprise when the rest of your gear arrives... don't be surprised if you look like this ---->
basshead.gif

Jan 10, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #513 of 7,138
I know, never owned a tube amp before and don't know much about them, though I'm currently looking into hybrids. I guess it's gonna be a trial and error kind of thing.

Jan 10, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #514 of 7,138
krod3003 I just received my Taboo in the last few days. It's working really fine straight from my Stagedac (2.2Vrms). If you went this route, the CSP2+ might not be needed right away with a V800 feeding it (unless of course you need the CSP for other phones?)

I'm nowhere close to reporting about the Taboo except to say I don't regret one cent of this purchase 
wink.gif

Jan 11, 2012 at 8:03 AM Post #515 of 7,138

Quote:
krod3003 I just received my Taboo in the last few days. It's working really fine straight from my Stagedac (2.2Vrms). If you went this route, the CSP2+ might not be needed right away with a V800 feeding it (unless of course you need the CSP for other phones?)

I'm nowhere close to reporting about the Taboo except to say I don't regret one cent of this purchase 
wink.gif

Cong. Glad your enjoying the amp. I love my Taboo. Glad it likes your source and the only difference I notice with the CSP2 hooked up to it it is much more dynamic and appears more powerful but if you like it  straight to your stage dac thats awesome.

Jan 11, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #516 of 7,138

Quote:
It's really a question now on wether or not you have the patience for tubes or you want the convenience of solid state.

Patience as in "several months waiting time for the CSP2+"? :)
Last time I asked it was over 4 months, so I got the Violectric (that makes no sense, I know :p )

Jan 11, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #518 of 7,138

Quote:
you sure its not 4 weeks. Never hgeard of any thing at Decware with a 4 month wait time . Curious now

Sorry typo, meant to type 2! I looked up the email to be sure

Hi there,

I sincerely apologize for the delay. The lead time right now is 8 weeks. Thank you! 

Sarah

So 2 months, and that was in August last year. Appologies

Jan 11, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #521 of 7,138
^ I did wait that long WA!

Luckily I like(d) my Concerto and Lyr, and had the new Bifrost to distract me as well.

It was partly bad luck. As I discovered, a lot of people had the same idea when I ordered in August. Subsequently, the queue seemed to shorten and units seemed to be moving through faster, though maybe not 'fast'. Decware provides a link that generates a PDF that shows who's waiting (1st names only), how long, what they ordered, and the stage they've reached in production.

Whatever, I don't regret the wait. I've found it hard to let go of my various amps! For the first time, I think I've found an amp that satisfies everything I want. Still early days - not had it a week yet - but that's a pretty definite conclusion I have atm.

@Frank I either a CSP2+ or ZStage is likely in my future. I decided to take this one step at a time, as in "maybe I won't like the Taboo". Well, I know the answer to that one 
wink_face.gif
 My plan now is to thoroughly explore the sound of the Taboo with my DACs and other gear, and then decide what the next step will be. I hear you about the value of the CSP2...your review thread was one of the influences in my eventual decision for the Taboo 
regular_smile .gif

I love this hobby, and the musical rediscovery good equipment can bring.

Jan 11, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #522 of 7,138

Quote:
^ I did wait that long WA!

Luckily I like(d) my Concerto and Lyr, and had the new Bifrost to distract me as well.

It was partly bad luck. As I discovered, a lot of people had the same idea when I ordered in August. Subsequently, the queue seemed to shorten and units seemed to be moving through faster, though maybe not 'fast'. Decware provides a link that generates a PDF that shows who's waiting (1st names only), how long, what they ordered, and the stage they've reached in production.

Whatever, I don't regret the wait. I've found it hard to let go of my various amps! For the first time, I think I've found an amp that satisfies everything I want. Still early days - not had it a week yet - but that's a pretty definite conclusion I have atm.

@Frank I either a CSP2+ or ZStage is likely in my future. I decided to take this one step at a time, as in "maybe I won't like the Taboo". Well, I know the answer to that one 
wink_face.gif
 My plan now is to thoroughly explore the sound of the Taboo with my DACs and other gear, and then decide what the next step will be. I hear you about the value of the CSP2...your review thread was one of the influences in my eventual decision for the Taboo 
regular_smile .gif

I love this hobby, and the musical rediscovery good equipment can bring.

i am glad you like it. I have never looked back. Now look for some sylvania EL84 blackplates and I use the Mullard 12AT7 but my Taboo is with the CSPN so I think you will need the 12AX7 and the Genelex comes as a recommended tube. The Sylvania are my favorite EL84 so far.

Jan 12, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #524 of 7,138
Hi guys!

I just got the LCD-2 rev.1 
smile.gif

Heavy as expected, but less uncomfortable :) but what's the deal with the wooden box?? It's huge and the only place I can find for it is in the bottom ofa closet or something, storing it until I sell them, if I do

Ayway: How do you store your LCD-2's? - I don't feel like hanging them on a normal stand beacuse of the foam and the weight..

Congratulations! I simply lay them down on a piece of off cut leather I have which is then on my coffee table

Users who are viewing this thread

Back