The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Oct 13, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #46 of 7,138
I'll take the under, maybe 1300-1500

Quote:
hot diggity dam.  I'm going to guess 1600 dollars. 
redface.gif

Oct 13, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #48 of 7,138
I'm going to go $2400.  Zebra wood is big expensive.  Plus maybe they used silver wire, some cool cable and then driver upgrade = 2 X $$+

Oct 13, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #49 of 7,138

Quote:
That's what I'm afraid of.  It could be another week until they even look at yours and my headphones.  What happened to yours?  Failed driver?

Plus they're introducing a new headphone at CanJam and Speakers at RMAF.  I thought their whole operation was in Nevada with the office.  They must manufacture or just repair in California?

They're incorporated in Nevada and I believe with some (minimal?) operations in Nevada.  But they're still feeling very California.

Oct 13, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #50 of 7,138
Probably have a phone in a room in Nevada on a desk that forwards calls to CA!

Oct 13, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #51 of 7,138
I'm betting there are a lot of folks who thought the LCD-2 R.2 was brought to market because IT was the best of Audeze's research as an improvement to thier headphone only to find that a few months later the LCD-3 comes out.  I'm wondering how many of those folks would simply have waited if Audeze gave some sort of heads up.  

Oct 13, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #52 of 7,138

Quote:
I'm betting there are a lot of folks who thought the LCD-2 R.2 was brought to market because IT was the best of Audeze's research as an improvement to thier headphone only to find that a few months later the LCD-3 comes out.  I'm wondering how many of those folks would simply have waited if Audeze gave some sort of heads up.  

I just bought mine a few weeks ago; I would have absolutely waited. I am not very happy right now...

Oct 13, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #53 of 7,138
I would have waited but we still don't know the direction Audeze is taking with this flagship LCD-3 so in end we may end up keeping our LCD-2 r2 anyway.  I think my anger will be dictated by the price of the LCD-3.  If it's double the price of the LCD-2 I will pass.  If it's very close to the LCD-2 then round up the posse...

Quote:

Oct 13, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #54 of 7,138
Plenty of people jumped on the LCD-2 R.2 thinking it was the best Audeze could do only to find out it now it was just a revision of an old design.  I'm betting plenty of people who bought the R.2 would have waited on the 3 if they knew it was right around the corner even if it it was more expensive.  

However WNBC is right.  If the price is double or close to that all may be forgiven.  

Oct 13, 2011 at 6:17 PM Post #58 of 7,138
A year ago I would have thought $100 was too much for headphones.  A year later I have a pair that costs exactly a $1000.  Let's hope the audiophile madness is only logarithmic in the first year.  Even if it's linear that means by Fall 2012 I will be able to justify the price of the LCD-3 
tongue.gif

Quote:
Well WNBC was right 2X the price. According to Audeze   "The LCD-3 starts shipping 11-11-11 Price.  $1945."

Oct 13, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #60 of 7,138

Quote:
A year ago I would have thought $100 was too much for headphones.  A year later I have a pair that costs exactly a $1000.  Let's hope the audiophile madness is only logarithmic in the first year.  Even if it's linear that means by Fall 2012 I will be able to justify the price of the LCD-3 
tongue.gif

This is the funniest post I've read in ages and ages. Cheers 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back