The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Jan 30, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #7,111 of 7,138
  I've been having a lot of trouble getting a hold of Audeze to get an RMA# (10 days since last response).  What was the response time for those who have had to repair their LCD-2s for driver failures?

Not specifically driver failure, but the couple repair issues I dealt with usually got a response within a day.

Jan 30, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #7,112 of 7,138

Not specifically driver failure, but the couple repair issues I dealt with usually got a response within a day.

Then my situation is, to put it lightly, ridiculous.  I really want to give Audeze my money right now.

Jan 30, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #7,115 of 7,138
Agreed, I'd probably email then again and perhaps message on Facebook as mentioned above, as it sounds like your message may have been lost.

I added another comment to my support request and sent them a message on Facebook.  They responded to the latter right away and told me they'd check on Monday.
Edit: I got a response back today with an RMA# and shipping instructions.  Apparently they've been severely backlogged and have people out sick.  I hope the repair itself doesn't take too long.

Feb 13, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #7,116 of 7,138
Update on my repair experience.
I haven't heard anything back since the 1st of this month.  Audeze received my LCD-2s on Saturday and they should be repaired/processed by now.  At the very least I expect to know what's wrong with them.

Feb 13, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #7,117 of 7,138
  Update on my repair experience.
I haven't heard anything back since the 1st of this month.  Audeze received my LCD-2s on Saturday and they should be repaired/processed by now.  At the very least I expect to know what's wrong with them.

I had the same experience. They don't tell you when they're shipping them. I emailed them for an update and the rep found my shipment in the wrong area so it was just sitting there, going nowhere. You should respond to your ticket and ask what's up.

Feb 13, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #7,118 of 7,138
  I had the same experience. They don't tell you when they're shipping them. I emailed them for an update and the rep found my shipment in the wrong area so it was just sitting there, going nowhere. You should respond to your ticket and ask what's up.

I messaged them on Facebook and added a comment to my ticket a few days ago.  It has been an absurdly frustrating process to give Audeze my money and get my $1000 headphones repaired.

Feb 13, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #7,119 of 7,138
  I messaged them on Facebook and added a comment to my ticket a few days ago.  It has been an absurdly frustrating process to give Audeze my money and get my $1000 headphones repaired.

Yep, I know how you feel. If mine break again I'm going to sell them and get something else.

Feb 13, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #7,120 of 7,138

Grill mod actually had a quite large impact on my lcd-2f. Anyone else give this a shot?

Feb 13, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #7,121 of 7,138
  Yep, I know how you feel. If mine break again I'm going to sell them and get something else.

My LCD-2s are my first and last Audeze purchase.  After hearing everything that's gone wrong with the LCD-4s, LCD-3s and now the hassle I'm going through, my end of the line headphones will be the HE1000.

Feb 14, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #7,122 of 7,138
The LCD-4s sounded amazing... hopefully they can get all of the LCDs up to the quality of the LCD-X - I've heard of like 1 or 2 failures on those - they seem indestructible. The Ether is the only can I've heard that I think I could consider besides the LCD-2.2F for a TOTL can in a reasonable price.

Feb 14, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #7,123 of 7,138
  The LCD-4s sounded amazing... hopefully they can get all of the LCDs up to the quality of the LCD-X - I've heard of like 1 or 2 failures on those - they seem indestructible. The Ether is the only can I've heard that I think I could consider besides the LCD-2.2F for a TOTL can in a reasonable price.

Same here, I've been thinking of an Ether C for some time. People at work keep complaining about my LCD-2, hah.

Feb 18, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #7,124 of 7,138
Hey!  Im new to the Head-Fi postings arena but I wanted to swing by and sing my praises for my first ever pair of LCD2.  Truly incredible headphone.  I purchased through Shane at http://nightanddayaudio.com in Durham, NC.  Shane was able to communicate directly with Audeze and keep me posted on their day-to-day progress/going-ons...I have him to thank for making my first Audeze purchase a smooth sailing success (saved from the many troubles I have read on this forum).  I Love the LCD2.  While I am lacking in technical verbiage to describe them, I do know that compared to my (beloved) Foster TH-Xoo, the bass is much fuller.  The music feels more articulated....well...it just FEELS!  I am pretty sure my hearing is shot from years of abuse, but the LCD allows me to feel the music.  Get lost in the music. Music becomes more engaging!  Highly recommended, from a music lover!  thanks

Feb 18, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #7,125 of 7,138
Get lost in the music

This is, bar none, the best part of the LCD-2s.  When I'm listening with my Q701s or V-Moda M100s music can easily become fatiguing if I'm too critical or focused on details.  It's been a while since I could, but I tried the same with my LCD-2s and no matter the recording I always felt I was part of the music.  
I recieved my LCD-2s today and Audeze replaced both drivers and put new, softer earpads on.  So far, everything is as amazing as I remember (although I forgot how much power the NFB puts into the balanced end).  Textured, organic, deep, powerful, etc., it's all there again.  My Q701s are going to miss me for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back