The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Sep 26, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #6,601 of 7,138
I would like to hear more comparisons on LCD-2.2C vs LCDF.

Sep 27, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #6,602 of 7,138
Question for LCD-2F owners. I tried a number of LCD-3 and LCD-X models at the NY Audio show and one of the things that bugged me was that with the new Fazors my ear touched the drivers and the Fazor was kind of uncomfortable (but not painful) feeling. On older models I always liked that with the huge ear pads ones ears never touched the drivers. I am wondering whether since the LCD-2 has different, less squishy, pads that it not an issue with the LCD-2. Or do your ears touch the Fazor on the LCD-2 as well.

Sep 27, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #6,603 of 7,138
Question for LCD-2F owners. I tried a number of LCD-3 and LCD-X models at the NY Audio show and one of the things that bugged me was that with the new Fazors my ear touched the drivers and the Fazor was kind of uncomfortable (but not painful) feeling. On older models I always liked that with the huge ear pads ones ears never touched the drivers. I am wondering whether since the LCD-2 has different, less squishy, pads that it not an issue with the LCD-2. Or do your ears touch the Fazor on the LCD-2 as well.

No, not at all. 

Sep 27, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #6,605 of 7,138
Mine don't touch my ears at all, and I have a rather large head.

Sep 27, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #6,606 of 7,138

I believe the LCD-2F now has the same pads as the LCD-3/LCD-X,someone correct me if I am wrong.

Sep 28, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #6,608 of 7,138
They touched my ears on both LCD-X and LCD-XC, but it wasn't very bothersome.  The cavities created by the Audeze earpads is still the most comfortable 'ear' experience I've ever had.  The complete opposite for the top of my head, though.

Oct 4, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #6,611 of 7,138
Very, just not as intimate due to the open soundstage. Smooth and lush all over, for sure.

Oct 4, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #6,613 of 7,138
There is no change in Audeze's frequency response goals. They're meant to sound the same, consistency is the new goal.

Oct 13, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #6,614 of 7,138
  They touched my ears on both LCD-X and LCD-XC, but it wasn't very bothersome.  The cavities created by the Audeze earpads is still the most comfortable 'ear' experience I've ever had.  The complete opposite for the top of my head, though.

Yeah, I can see the headband being more of an issue for people (in general) than the earpads. I typically hate fake/cheap leather ear pads...my ears overheat within minutes. But the leather on the Audeze pads is very breathable and comfortable. Every time I take out the foam divider and put them on my head for the first time of the day, I love that soft, cool feeling against my cheeks. Still not as comfortable as the T1s, but not as far of a dropoff as I would have expected before I bought them. (And even though I don't own them, the HD800s are certainly very comfortable, as well.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back