The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Aug 13, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #6,556 of 7,138
  I keep my LCD 2.2 inside their flight case most of the time, because I'm paranoid about the wood fading.

Is that silly? I'd prefer to keep them "on display".

I think as long as your temperature/humidity is under control and they're not exposed to direct sunlight - you should be good keeping them "on display".
You can also apply that "wood conditioner" once in a while.

Aug 13, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #6,557 of 7,138
^ Exactly. I kept my LCDs on the same Room stand and sometimes even under sunlight. I treated the wood every 4 months and it looked practically new throughout the year I had it.

Aug 13, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #6,558 of 7,138
What about the skin?  Are you using the leather care kit? How often?

Thank you!

Aug 13, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #6,559 of 7,138
I used some of my leather kit cream that came with my leather couch. It worked surprisingly well with it. The vacuum effect went away and the pads never got sweaty afterwards. Regardless, I think it's a good idea to use some type of authentic leather cream every 3 months or so. Goes a long way for keeping the pads comfy. Worked wonders for my LCD-2 and LCD-3.

Aug 13, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #6,560 of 7,138
I got the Vegan, so I guess no need to care about it much. 

Aug 13, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #6,561 of 7,138
I would be more worried about dust collecting on them than the condition of the wood.  I keep mine covered with a cloth when not in use.

Aug 13, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #6,562 of 7,138
omg - so Big problems here. :wink:

Aug 21, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #6,564 of 7,138
  All that talk praising the stock cable and now mine is starting to cut out at the right side mini-xlr connector.

It looks like it may have been crimped in the case at some point.

Are there any aftermarket cables that improves things without sacrifices or changing the sound signature?

hardbop,

same thing happened to my stock cable...right channel would cut in and out when I moved the cable in a particular way. I was gonna see if audeze would help fix it for me....then I decided to just get an aftermarket cable and be done with it. Less about trying to improve the sound, because I've been disapointed before when trying a cable (IC's, speaker cables) and not hearing any change. And I had no issues, sonics wise, with the stock cable.

The Q Cable was what I went for and the cable is really nice. If I ever have a problem with the cable Steve (the head honcho with Q cable) will take care of it, no prob. Though I don't foresee any issues, it's a well built cable. Steve's a riot, and a lot of fun to communicate with :)

Have I A/B ed the stock/Q cable? No, not yet because I'm enjoying my music with the Q too much to even worry my self with that right now....I will at some point and will post my thoughts when I do :)

Same thing happened to me. My left channel mini XLR started cutting out last week when I move it. Now i'm shopping for a new cable. It's a shame all non-audeze cables are so expensive... any recommendations for the budget minded?

Aug 21, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #6,565 of 7,138
DIY, blue jeans cables, used... A fellow member might make you one. I just made one today, and if it had gone better, I'd offer you one, haha!

Aug 21, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #6,566 of 7,138
Just received my LCD-2s and currently using it with my Aune T1 that I used my HE-400s with. Currently running it on low gain with Genalex Gold Lion. It sounds great, but I'm wondering if I would benefit from upgrading to an Asgard 2 with Modi?

Aug 21, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #6,567 of 7,138
  Just received my LCD-2s and currently using it with my Aune T1 that I used my HE-4040s with. Currently running it on low gain with Genalex Gold Lion. It sounds great, but I'm wondering if I would benefit from upgrading to an Asgard 2 with Modi?

I think it would benefit. Audeze sounds best from powerful SS amps with low output impedance.

Aug 21, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #6,568 of 7,138
Just received my LCD-2s and currently using it with my Aune T1 that I used my HE-400s with. Currently running it on low gain with Genalex Gold Lion. It sounds great, but I'm wondering if I would benefit from upgrading to an Asgard 2 with Modi?
also, try a 20 dollar tung sol tube. Vastly better than the gold lion, which I also used for a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back