The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Jun 19, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #6,467 of 7,138
  Yeah, I don't think taking away the lows even a little is the way to go. That is what makes the Audeze magical, right?

The warm dark sound is still there, and the Sub Bass isn't "bad" it just lacks as you said, the planar "magic" 

Jun 19, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #6,468 of 7,138
  The warm dark sound is still there, and the Sub Bass isn't "bad" it just lacks as you said, the planar "magic" 

Ya. I'd love to hear the Rev. 1's side by side with the new Fazor model. From the sounds of it, they shouldn't be called the same headphone model. If Audeze doesn't get their sub-bass back, I'll probably never buy one of their products again out of spite. I still am glad I got the Fazor model though, Fazor + sub-bass would just be unbeatable.

Jun 19, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #6,469 of 7,138
  Ya. I'd love to hear the Rev. 1's side by side with the new Fazor model. From the sounds of it, they shouldn't be called the same headphone model. If Audeze doesn't get their sub-bass back, I'll probably never buy one of their products again out of spite. I still am glad I got the Fazor model though, Fazor + sub-bass would just be unbeatable.

Well it seems a good number of LCD 2 users like Tubes, in all honesty the Schiit Vali gave my DT 880 some killer Controlled Sub bass, I would suggest get a nice Tube like the Valhalla [ you could get the Lyr but then you need to find good tubes for it]

and enjoy, the Valhalla from what I hear is like a "big Vali" they both apparently share a simmilar sound sig

it should also be noted I did my listening with an Audio GD 10ES2, a ESS Sabre Balanced Dac Amp Unit, so it's PRETTY stinking CLEAN sq wise, so a tube might give you moe sub bass 

ooh while I've got them I need to listen with my Hm801 [I've go it hooked up atm] the hm801 or all the Hifiman DAPS I've tried always have stellar sub bass 

Hmm the LCD 2 [out of my pb2 low gain dummy buffers 2 o'clock on my pb2 volume knob] it doesn't sound to bad 

I how ever prefer my W1000x out of this portable set up... but actually, the bass is REALLY cool for rock on the LCD 2! Listening to Yes, and I didn't notice the bassists gentle use of "wammy" on the bass! Yes compared to the W1000x, the LCD 2 has a much tighter bass, but it's mids still aren't imo as nice as the W1000x is [mines been modded btw] the treble is smoother, but the LCD 2 just isn't as fun with rock as the w1000x is :/ 

I was listening to Starship Tropper by Yes, 

Jun 20, 2014 at 2:27 AM Post #6,470 of 7,138
The alo pan am does a really good job with sub bass and slam

It drives perfectly the Lcd2's, rich dark sound with plenty of bass, really love it

Jun 20, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #6,471 of 7,138
The alo pan am does a really good job with sub bass and slam

It drives perfectly the Lcd2's, rich dark sound with plenty of bass, really love it

So if you like the Dark sound of the LCD 2, it sounds like pairing a Tube with the Fazor model would be the best idea! Get that old non FAzor Sub Bass, with the new and more open sound stage 

Jun 20, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #6,472 of 7,138
:D
May be someone here can answer, mine is a non fazor model
The upgrade for 300 $ it's not for me

Jun 23, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #6,474 of 7,138
I read somewhere that Audeze changed the softness of the ear pads for the LCD2, making them more comfortable. Can anyone verify this is true, and if so, how would you compare them. I realize this is a very subjective question and may be hard to answer in terms of degree, but I appreciate any input anyone has. Thanks. 

Jun 24, 2014 at 1:26 AM Post #6,475 of 7,138
  I read somewhere that Audeze changed the softness of the ear pads for the LCD2, making them more comfortable. Can anyone verify this is true, and if so, how would you compare them. I realize this is a very subjective question and may be hard to answer in terms of degree, but I appreciate any input anyone has. Thanks. 

Yes, it's true. When I bought some LCD-2s last Fall, I was really surprised how different my view of their comfort was compared to what others had reported previously. I contacted Audeze and they said that they changed the pads to be more like the ones on the LCD-3s. Personally I love them...I can wear my LCD-Xs for hours at a time and my ears don't get hot at all. The leather is beautiful and of very nice quality. The pads on the 2s were just like the ones on my Xs as far as I can tell. Only way to know if you'll like them is to try them for yourself, of course, but the answer to your question is yes, the 2 did get a pad upgrade last year and apparently the ones they used previously were stiffer and lesser quality. 

Jun 24, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #6,476 of 7,138

It changed the sound ever so slightly, too, at least on my pair when I swapped them. I prefer the new pads both in comfort and sonically.

Jul 3, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #6,479 of 7,138
Hi guys,

I've got a question for you who may have owned also the he 400:  I've just bought the hifiman hp but when tried them I realized that they are too big for my head in terms of headband (I usually wear the hd650 and the dt 770 not extending them at all), now, returning those cans to the seller (on line), he offered me a really nice deal on a pair of lcd 2, but I've seen that they share a similar design. So I was wondering if anyone could tell me if I would have the same issues I had with the he 400, or you could compare them comfort wise with the senn or the beyer I already own.

Thank you!

Jul 3, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #6,480 of 7,138
When I compare the 2 there is a small difference, indeed the lcd2 headband seems to be a little smaller

I guess you'll get the same issue depending how too big the HE 400 was

Users who are viewing this thread

Back