The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
May 3, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #6,391 of 7,138

Well, my LCD-2 is rated at 90db per mw at 60 ohms and the newer ones are 94db at 70ohms, so if thats not more efficient...

I know, I mean that despite the unflatter response, it has the same level of sub-bass as mine, but a bit boosted bass, so the contrast might sound as you say, less bassier due to the less sub-bass, but still, mid hump may be stronger like in the HD650 more or less.

But as I said, i dont really feel that A/B would make a deal difference, at all. So to all Fazor owners, dont worry about sub-bass, it is there, will be and you'll love it.

God, sub bass is even awesome with my matrix m-stage.

I hadn't realized that the sensitivity had increased as well, thanks for clearing that up.

I'm glad that the sub-bass is still there, I was getting worried, my LCD-2 are on the way and I'm going to be listening to sludge/doom metal primarily on them. What you described sounds perfect.

Thanks a lot for the comments. I'm feeling a lot better about my purchase.

May 3, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #6,392 of 7,138
If you haven't heard it, try the album Atra Mors by Evoken on the LCD2. Its a great Funeral Doom album. Lord Mantis - Perverter and also Solitude Aeternus - Adagio don't go astray with them for Doom and Sludge.

May 4, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #6,393 of 7,138

When did that change?

I dont know, maybe around christmas.

Quote:
  I hadn't realized that the sensitivity had increased as well, thanks for clearing that up.

I'm glad that the sub-bass is still there, I was getting worried, my LCD-2 are on the way and I'm going to be listening to sludge/doom metal primarily on them. What you described sounds perfect.

Thanks a lot for the comments. I'm feeling a lot better about my purchase.

Yeah, dont feel bad about your purchase, definitely. I just tried that CD UNIFi said and it has a lot of body.

Just one tip, after a few days adjusting to LCD-2 sound signature, try something clean and well recorded music. 

May 4, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #6,394 of 7,138
  If you haven't heard it, try the album Atra Mors by Evoken on the LCD2. Its a great Funeral Doom album. Lord Mantis - Perverter and also Solitude Aeternus - Adagio don't go astray with them for Doom and Sludge.

Evoken is some seriously beautiful music for sure and I can't wait to try it on the LCD-2. Lord Mantis has really been doing interesting things as well, getting super ballsy with that artwork. All great bands that you listed, for sure! I can't wait to hear them on the LCD-2.

Yeah, dont feel bad about your purchase, definitely. I just tried that CD UNIFi said and it has a lot of body.

Just one tip, after a few days adjusting to LCD-2 sound signature, try something clean and well recorded music. 

Sweeeeet. I plan on trying out the vocal tracks from SubRosa and some Grayceon that is very clean and well recorded. Opeth and Porcupine Tree are going to sound beautiful on them, I'm sure. I have my Grado SR325is for tech death like Archspire and Origin.

May 4, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #6,395 of 7,138
Grayceon should sound great on lcd 2's but for trash metal a grado is a grado !!

May 4, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #6,399 of 7,138
someone should inform audeze that their headbands may not be that comfortable after all...
rolleyes.gif

http://www.audeze.com/about-audeze/blog/inside-audeze-1

May 5, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #6,400 of 7,138
The only trouble I'm having with my newly gained LCD2 is that the headband is giving me a fair bit of pain on the top of my head, and I have long and thick hair. The weight itself is noticeable and slightly uncomfortable,  but I only ever listen to albums pretty much in entirety, and I take a break at the end of each, somewhat to protect my hearing. I will say that I have a thin neck, and I'm quite small (5'1). I think I may create some kind of cloth wrap to put around the top of the headband for some more cushioning.

Other than that the sound is superb. The best for Rock and Metal easily among my collection. EDM its pretty good by my closed cans get the edge. The best part is the amazing and dominant mid range. My model is from late 2012 in production and was original brought in jan 2013 FYI. Either way I'm looking forward to directly comparing them to the OPPO PM-1 in about 2 weeks when I get back to newcastle - a fellow headfier has ordered them herself, and I'll be able to try them out.

May 5, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #6,401 of 7,138
Not sure whether this will help you at all but FWIW I experienced this with my new LCD recently. Repositioning the band slightly forward of where I first 'naturally' put it has solved the problem. I guess it moved the band to a better fitting angle on my head or a part of my scalp that could bear the weight better...

The only trouble I'm having with my newly gained LCD2 is that the headband is giving me a fair bit of pain on the top of my head

May 6, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #6,402 of 7,138
I've found a solution, I ripped a piece of foam cushioning off a piece of a mold for inside a box and have tied it on with a couple of busted rubber bands. Not winning any beauty contest, but it alleviates the problem spot, which I've found to be where the top of the headband has the two small bumps join in a valley - the pain originates on the sides of this gap. 

May 6, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #6,403 of 7,138
Just now, I ordered the ALO Audio: PanAm + PassPort + Gateway for my Audeze LCD-2.2.

I want to have a mobil solution, I want to have tubes and I like the steampunk design. Hopefully is the sound of this combination so good as some people say. I think the delivery needs 2 weeks. I'm really very excited.

May 7, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #6,404 of 7,138
  I've found a solution, I ripped a piece of foam cushioning off a piece of a mold for inside a box and have tied it on with a couple of busted rubber bands. Not winning any beauty contest, but it alleviates the problem spot, which I've found to be where the top of the headband has the two small bumps join in a valley - the pain originates on the sides of this gap. 

I dont have thick hair and never found this problem, but Im glad you found a solution!!

It seems that if you dont have a big head, the clamping force may be insufficient and then it rests too much on top, but a small piece of cloth solves the deal!

Im kinda tall, tho, 6,16

May 7, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #6,405 of 7,138
Just picked up my new Audeze LCD-2 revision "3" (I guess) w/ Fazor. They're absolutely gorgeous and immaculate. They really feel like a luxury product in your hands.

As far as comfort, I don't think the clamping force is excessive at all. I think its the right amount to keep the placement right when you're moving your head and to make sure those giant pads seal well. The headband, though, is another issue. I can totally see the complaints that people are having. It feels like all of the weight is being placed on a rectangle about 2x3 right on top of my head. Rotating the headphones so that the headband sits further back on my head than normal gives me a placement that I can't really feel too much, so it really isn't a problem, just peculiar. I can see why people who are used to wearing their headphones a certain way would have some pain after a while, they don't feel good for even a few minutes if the headband is positioned incorrectly.

As for sound... wow... My dreams of having thick, full, deep sludge metal pumped right into my head is finally realized. I'm in awe. Every single detail is so incredibly present. I finally know what good bass extension really is. I feel like my head is right in front of a bass amp and I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back