The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Apr 17, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #6,272 of 7,138
I think the forward vocals in the other phones could come from the forwarded treble, looking at the LCD graphs, the highs are not that pronounced.  Not saying it's not detailed, resolution is great!  It sound a bit flatter in the imaging aspect, this could be because it's very neutral, not sure.

Apr 17, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #6,275 of 7,138
My source is flac. I've tried all kinds of amp and to me they sound the same. So isettled onnthe portable fiio e17.

This is your culprit.  I'm using Beta 22.  You need a jucier amp.  I've used my O2, which I think is much better than my e17.  E17 I think dips at the low end, and It's not going to provide representation of sound this thing is capable of.  You will get more resolution with the right amp.

O2 is bloated sounding compared to my Beta 22.

Apr 18, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #6,276 of 7,138
I sent Audeze an email a week ago to inquire about fazor upgrade on my LCD2’s. I have yet to get a response...is there a different way of contacting them that might be better?

Here you go...

http://www.head-fi.org/u/94077/xsankar

Apr 18, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #6,277 of 7,138
I came from the hd600. Mineis a lcd2.2F. This was my comparison

Bass about the same but lcd 2 has a lot of bottom end capabilty (quantity) with good EQ.
Midrange. Lcd2 is smoother, while the hd600 is harsh and shouty.
Treble. Lcd2 has so much treble detail and imaging i really thought they gave me an lcd3. Again smooth and not one sibilant never fatiguing. Hd600 was fatiguing, and rolled off +++.

Overall there are some tracks that i can't listen on the hd600. Those that need treble. Those that are too shouty. Those that need bass. Those that hurt my ears. Those that are boring on the hd600. Those that are mastered badly (uncompressed).

Lcd2.2F ... Have not found one track that doesnt sound good.

Sounds like the LCD 2 will be right up my street.

I should be getting my pair on Tuesday.

Apr 18, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #6,278 of 7,138

I'm not tempted at the moment. I just can't justify spending that much money on a pair of headphones, particularly as I'll need to spend even more money on a high-end amp. I'm also looking to trade my T1 for LCD2.
So if anyone in Europe wants to trade their LCD-2 for a pair of T1's, you know who to contact
beerchug.gif

before you jump onto the LCD bandwagon you must be warned that the LCDs are bulky heavy fragile - some people get a headache wearing for long (i don't for some reason) and the soundstage is a i thought a lot smaller than the HD600.

Apr 18, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #6,279 of 7,138

before you jump onto the LCD bandwagon you must be warned that the LCDs are bulky heavy fragile - some people get a headache wearing for long (i don't for some reason) and the soundstage is a i thought a lot smaller than the HD600.

They are not fragile in the least. These are substantial headphones that are built very well, and that's evident from the minute you take them out of the case. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back