The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Apr 16, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #6,256 of 7,138
I tried pretty much every type of music, of course the forward vocal recording is still forward, but not as much as I'm used to(I've been listening to iems that brings out the mids lately before this).  Sound is tight with my new amp, but it sounds flat, except the bass.  I guess this is how neutral sounds like, atleast the mids and the highs.  To me, bass is forward, and that's what makes the vocals stand behind if there are lots of instrumentals. 

Apr 16, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #6,257 of 7,138
But yeah, O2 definitely got trumped by Beta 22.  resolution and tightness of Beta 22 is so much better.  LCD is definately larger sounding than the 650.  There is difference between the two.  I'm guessing it's the size of the speakers that does that.

Apr 16, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #6,258 of 7,138

I've been off Head-Fi for a couple weeks, but is the Fazor something worth buying into or is it just another subtle change they've made with the LCD-2? 

I say this because I am guilty of buying a new set of LCD-2 because I thought it was different when all they did was introduce bamboo and angled connectors lol.

The jury is still out on this. Subtle change is probably accurate. Tyll is going to be doing a review (along with the X and 3) on Innerfidelity some time in the near future. I would look there to see a more objective breakdown of how they compare. Personally, I wouldn't rush out and spend more money. Audeze didn't even make the change public until they were questioned recently, so they obviously didn't feel it was a large enough of a change to even warrant an announcement. 

Apr 17, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #6,259 of 7,138
After extended listing.  I notice that resolution is amazing on my LCD-2, and without the Beta 22, I don't think it would be as detailed.  I'm hearing details that were not intended to show up in the recordings.  

When I was at the NY meet I had a chance to listen to top STAX setup(009 with blue hawaii amp), and the LCD-3, and I liked the LCD-3 better so I purchased an LCD-2.  I also like it better than HD800.  I was looking into getting a STAX setup until I listen to 009 and LCD-3 at the meet.  

I will be comparing it with HE-6 soon, so I'll post impressions.

Apr 17, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #6,260 of 7,138
I live in italy
I think 1600 eur For the basic model is a bit too much

Thats not the basic, you get the basic for 1200 vat included (the v220), the V281 will be more because it has balanced output for headphones, plus it competes with Beta22, Bryston BHA-1, Auralic Taurus and such above $2000 amps. If you preorder the amp you get a 10% discount.

Not expensive for me at all!

Also you have the V200 in thomann for 750€ which is awesome and among the best amps you can hear.

Apr 17, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #6,261 of 7,138
the V281, balanced, it cost about 2200$, and it compete with bryston that costs 1600$ about, and the taurus (1900$)
so it s more expansive
the v220 is SE, and i think 1200 is pretty expansive
we can say that the v200 is competitive, but it s the old model, not the v220 or 281
i tried the v200, after that i bought the burson conductor, with so many doubt (would be better the violectric or the burson.. you know)
and i prefer, with audeze lcd2.2, the burson (soloist if we want to discuss only about the amps)

i m glad that for you it s not expansive at all, i will send you a pm with my bank coordinates, if you can make me a little bank transfer!

ciaooo 

Apr 17, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #6,262 of 7,138
I sent Audeze an email a week ago to inquire about fazor upgrade on my LCD2’s. I have yet to get a response...is there a different way of contacting them that might be better?

Apr 17, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #6,264 of 7,138
Distant? No, I certainly wouldn't say that, at least with my WA7. I can only speak of the current version (2.2 w/ fazor), but I find that they spatially reflect the recording pretty accurately. That is to say, if the vocals are mixed as being more spacious or further back in the mix, that's how they'll be presented. If they are mixed to sound close and up front, they'll sound very intimate.  

What are you listening to that's giving you that impression?

I sold my hd600 upon unboxing the lcd2.2F f for fazor.

Soundstage is definitely smaller than hd600 . Not distant.

Apr 17, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #6,265 of 7,138
Looks to me like a metal plate sandwiched between the magnet and the grill.

Fazor Technology
Our patent-pending Fazor elements are new to our planar magnetic drivers. They help guide and manage the flow of sound in the headphone. The result is improved phase response, greater frequency extension, smoother frequency response, and remarkable 3D holographic imaging.

Apr 17, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #6,266 of 7,138
I own the Beyerdynamic T1 and Senn HD600, so could someone who owns or has heard both of these compare them to the LCD2 Rev 2, please?

In my opinion, the T1's pretty much do everything better than the HD600s (as you would expect), but in many ways the T1's are too distant and not as fun to listen to as the Senn's. Dare I say, the HD600's are actually a bit too harsh in the treble every now and then, although the O2 and ODAC combination might have something to do with that. Clearly, the same applies to the T1's for me as well.

It's a shame that I'll never be able to get the best out of the T1's, as the Bottlehead Crack I ordered was damaged in transit so doesn't work. I will likely trade my T1's for LCD2's on this forum, if I can.

I'm seriously starting to think that the Audeze's may be the perfect cans for me. Another plus is that the O2 seems like a decent enough amp for the LCD2's until I upgrade, and the vast majority of my music is all kinds of rock and pop.

So, T1, HD600 and LCD2 Rev 2 comparison if you'd be so kind. May as well throw the HE-500's into the mix as well :)  

I came from the hd600. Mineis a lcd2.2F. This was my comparison

Bass about the same but lcd 2 has a lot of bottom end capabilty (quantity) with good EQ.
Midrange. Lcd2 is smoother, while the hd600 is harsh and shouty.
Treble. Lcd2 has so much treble detail and imaging i really thought they gave me an lcd3. Again smooth and not one sibilant never fatiguing. Hd600 was fatiguing, and rolled off +++.

Overall there are some tracks that i can't listen on the hd600. Those that need treble. Those that are too shouty. Those that need bass. Those that hurt my ears. Those that are boring on the hd600. Those that are mastered badly (uncompressed).

Lcd2.2F ... Have not found one track that doesnt sound good.

Apr 17, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #6,267 of 7,138
I sold my hd600 upon unboxing the lcd2.2F f for fazor.

To me sound is wider than my 650, not sure if the stage is smaller.  Sound is more intimate though, so that could mean small sound stage, but vocals seem to be a bit behind, not as forward as other other phones I own.

Apr 17, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #6,269 of 7,138

Interesting. I find the LCD-2.2 "f" soundstage to be slightly larger than my HD600 through my WA7. Width is about the same, but I find more depth with the LCD-2. I've compared the two cans back and forth and it's pretty close. The HD600 presentation to be a bit more "oval" to my ears, where as I find the LCD-2 to be more circular.    

What amp are you using? That certainly impacts the equation as well. On a side note, I've been going back and forth on selling my HD600...mixed feelings.

Apr 17, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #6,270 of 7,138
To me sound is wider than my 650, not sure if the stage is smaller.  Sound is more intimate though, so that could mean small sound stage, but vocals seem to be a bit behind, not as forward as other other phones I own.

Yes i meant soundstage. I dont't remeber whether the sound was forwards or backwards. The other descriptions matches what i found.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back