The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Jan 13, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #5,898 of 7,138
  I honestly can't stand both of them, so they deserve each other in my opinion lol

I haven't heard the Xs yet, unfortunately...hopefully this week if things go well...Audeze folks have been out of town at a show from what I was told, but hoping to pull the trigger this week. I'll definitely let you know once I get hold of 'em 

I didn't find anything about the 2s that I didnt' like, though...I'm just being a little greedy and pushing for more of a good thing :)

LOL +1

I had the same experience with my LCD-2 before upgrading to LCD-3. Found nothing wrong with LCD-2 whatsoever, but decided to take the plunge on something possibly better. While the LCD-3 is definitely better, I still can't find anything wrong with LCD-2, like I did with HE-500. So far they have been my favourite headphone under $1000. Although it might change with the HE-560 coming out.

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #5,899 of 7,138
How do you  treat the leather? Using the wood-care kit? A bit odd that there is no wood-care kit for sale on audeze's homepage, but there is a leather-care kit. Is this really needed, seen both yes and no to that.

Jan 15, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #5,900 of 7,138
  How do you  treat the leather? Using the wood-care kit? A bit odd that there is no wood-care kit for sale on audeze's homepage, but there is a leather-care kit. Is this really needed, seen both yes and no to that.

I had my LCD-2's for a little over 2 years and never did any treatment of the pads.  As far as I could tell they were exactly the same as the day I bought them.  I used the included wood polish a couple times (on the wood only) but it didn't seem to have any visible affect.

Jan 30, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #5,903 of 7,138
  any difference in sound between the rosewood and bamboo?

ha ha ha!!!

you don't even knowwwww. fool, the cheap lower density fake bamboo composite causes the sound stage to be diminished & introduces extra reverberation/distortion with the bass notes & the mids sounds a bit more recessed & everything just seems more congested. on the other hand, the high-density high-quality rosewood allows for faster decay, tighter bass notes, adds an extra layer of texture/richness to the lush mids, removes silibance from the treble while adding sharpness and clarity to the highs, and expands the sound stage. The rosewood is definitely more neutral sounding compared to the bamboo. It's a night-and-day difference man. NIGHT-n-DAY yo! it's almost like they are a different pair of headphonesss. you can't even begin to imagine the difference in sound quality bro.

#audiophile bull$hit

Jan 30, 2014 at 6:22 AM Post #5,906 of 7,138
  ha ha ha!!!

you don't even knowwwww. fool, the cheap lower density fake bamboo composite causes the sound stage to be diminished & introduces extra reverberation/distortion with the bass notes & the mids sounds a bit more recessed & everything just seems more congested. on the other hand, the high-density high-quality rosewood allows for faster decay, tighter bass notes, adds an extra layer of texture/richness to the lush mids, removes silibance from the treble while adding sharpness and clarity to the highs, and expands the sound stage. The rosewood is definitely more neutral sounding compared to the bamboo. It's a night-and-day difference man. NIGHT-n-DAY yo! it's almost like they are a different pair of headphonesss. you can't even begin to imagine the difference in sound quality bro.

#audiophile bull$hit

Pretty sure if I start selling headphones, I'm gonna copy/paste that line for line minus the last part and it'd pass as marketing material

Jan 30, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #5,907 of 7,138
  ha ha ha!!!

#audiophile bull$hit

Can I use this in my signature?

Jan 30, 2014 at 6:30 AM Post #5,908 of 7,138
  ha ha ha!!!

#audiophile bull$hit

This is word of art, do you work or review for 6moon's I honestly can't distinguish between you and Srajan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back