The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Feb 15, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #961 of 7,138

Quote:
Ah crap. I've only had mine for 2 months, and I notice a line in the same spot as yours. It's not a crack, but I can feel a thin outline of a line that runs in that same area. I'm guessing mine might eventually crack in that same spot.

Guess there is no point worrying. If it does, that's what the 3 year warranty is for. 

Yea, i dropped the phones today to the post office. Lets see how long trip is it going to be. But doesnt Lcd2 have only a one year warranty?

Feb 15, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #962 of 7,138

Nope, they all have a 3 year warranty now. They had a policy change they made on their site a couple months back. 

http://audeze.com/lcd-3-warranty-update

Let me know how the service is. I'm guessing I'll have to send mine in fairly soon too now. =/ I don't have another pair of headphones either, so this is going to be killer. 

I think Audeze is out in Los Angeles? I'm about an hour out, so hopefully mine won't take as long (although I think the time it takes is the processing and fixing, not the shipping). 
Quote:
Yea, i dropped the phones today to the post office. Lets see how long trip is it going to be. But doesnt Lcd2 have only a one year warranty?

Feb 15, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #964 of 7,138
You mean the warranty that came with your Audeze? They all say ONE year. But the company has updated their policy, to extend it to 3 years.

So as long as it's Audeze product they should honor it. If you have a problem with your product, just hit them up and provide the info. 

Quote:
:/  The ones sold in Australia saids one year warranty, I don't know how that works...

Feb 15, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #965 of 7,138
The LCD-2 non-leather ("vegan") pads are definitely not pleather; they are described as "faux suede" (polyester microfiber).

I just installed a pair a couple nights ago and I love their comfort compared to the leather LCD-2 pads. There's no loss of sound quality that I can tell, either.

Here's a DIY thread with photos:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/586157/audeze-lcd-2-vegan-earpads-feedback-installation-mini-review

The cost is $80 USD plus shipping for a pair, ordered via this link:  http://audeze.com/earpads. Use the drop-down box to choose the non-leather style.

Quote:
Anyone tried the LCD-3 much softer pads on the LCD-2?
Is it possible to buy the LCD-3 pads? I have sent an email and they don't seem capable of answering my question.
The LCD-2 non leather pads are pleather?
Anyone tried some velour Hifiman/Beyer pads?
I'm getting tired of only being able to have these on for about 1 hour at the time. I have the rev1 pads tho.

Feb 15, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #967 of 7,138

Quote:
The LCD-2 non-leather ("vegan") pads are definitely not pleather; they are described as "faux suede" (polyester microfiber).

I just installed a pair a couple nights ago and I love their comfort compared to the leather LCD-2 pads. There's no loss of sound quality that I can tell, either.

Here's a DIY thread with photos:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/586157/audeze-lcd-2-vegan-earpads-feedback-installation-mini-review

The cost is $80 USD plus shipping for a pair, ordered via this link:  http://audeze.com/earpads. Use the drop-down box to choose the non-leather style.

Thanks for the reply. I just got the answer from Audeze that the LCD-3 pads only are available to LCD-3 owners, so this look like the best solution. 
What's the chance someone here is willing to sell me their faux suede pads?
beerchug.gif
 80+shipping+import taxes get pretty steep for pads. 

Feb 15, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #968 of 7,138

Quote:

Thanks for the reply. I just got the answer from Audeze that the LCD-3 pads only are available to LCD-3 owners, so this look like the best solution. 
What's the chance someone here is willing to sell me their faux suede pads?
beerchug.gif
 80+shipping+import taxes get pretty steep for pads. 

I don't think the LCD-3 pads are a good idea even on the LCD-3.  I prefer the LCD-2 pads.  

Feb 15, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #969 of 7,138
I just checked Audezes' site to see if there was an LCD-3 vegan option (no), and they are OOS on the headphone itself.

Feb 16, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #971 of 7,138
These posts about cracking near the mini XLR's makes me believe there will be a LCD2.3 and it will have metal fittings like the LCD3's.

Feb 16, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #972 of 7,138
I talked my friend into buying an LCD-2 recently, but didn't realize all he had to drive them was a Fiio E9. Should have made sure he had something to drive first (a mistake I won't make again). Surprisingly, the Fiio drives them decently. Well, I say decently. You get what I mean. He's actually really happy with them, but they kind of lack that bass slam and oomph (for obvious reasons). 

So anyways, do you guys think the Schiit Lyr would be a good amp considering the price range? Then he could update later down the road if he wants to. I have never heard the LCD-2s paired just with the Lyr. I'm not asking for the ultimate set up, just a good set up for $500 or under for the time being with him.

For the record, I'm a bit of a noob myself. I had a really good friend on here help with my set up, and I don't really understand all the technical stuff. Which, I admit is kind of sad. One of these days I'll actually educate myself, so I can give good advice. =/  I mean I would like to think going from an E9 to a Lyr would be leaps and bounds better. I should hope so! 

Feb 16, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #974 of 7,138
@Linus108 there's no doubt Lyr is a really good LCD2 match, especially for the money. As well, there's an upgrade path over time with tube-rolling. Lyr responds really well to this, well documented over in the Lyr tube-rolling thread.

Never heard Audio-gd gear myself but might be worth a look e.g. C2.2 is $349 + shipping IIRC. There's lots of threads about Audio-gd.

And there's the LCD2-amplifier thread...

Feb 16, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #975 of 7,138
Thanks, will look into all of those.

As more of a casual listener myself, I've always wondered how much of a difference amps really make on headphones that are less amp-dependent. As others have said, the LCD-2 drives pretty easily. What massive amount of difference difference would you get from an upgrade etc. I guess I can't say, because I've never did a comparison. But to my ears, the Fiio E9 only sounded decent compared to other set ups I've heard. 

Quote:
@Linus108 there's no doubt Lyr is a really good LCD2 match, especially for the money. As well, there's an upgrade path over time with tube-rolling. Lyr responds really well to this, well documented over in the Lyr tube-rolling thread.

Never heard Audio-gd gear myself but might be worth a look e.g. C2.2 is $349 + shipping IIRC. There's lots of threads about Audio-gd.

And there's the LCD2-amplifier thread...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back