The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
May 22, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #6,931 of 7,138

I thought they reduced the price of new drivers in last few months ? I 'thunk' it was $250 now. It was announced on a thread where someone had driver issues I think.

Edit : There you go dude.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/753171/no-shame-on-audeze-buyer-neednt-beware/165#post_11291056

That is awesome news, thank you.
Nobody in the industry has customer service like Audeze.

May 22, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #6,933 of 7,138
Is there a lot of driver issues with the Lcd's ??
Friends of mine had the same problem

May 22, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #6,934 of 7,138
They changed to a better driver material when the Fazor was introduced which should help.

May 23, 2015 at 3:00 AM Post #6,935 of 7,138
So is there any reason I shouldn't leave my Audeze cans just lying on top of my DAC? I ask because of the foam separator they come with in the box... I'd rather just leave them on top of the DAC with my other HPs because it's a hassle to take it out of the case every time...

May 23, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #6,936 of 7,138
I don't think a lot of people put the lcd back in the case
I didn't and no problem

May 23, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #6,937 of 7,138
May 25, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #6,938 of 7,138

I put mine back in the case after every time I use them... and it's a big flipping hassle. 
I can't chance one of my cats deciding to start chewing on them. 
blink.gif

May 28, 2015 at 3:20 AM Post #6,939 of 7,138

I put mine back in the case after every time I use them... and it's a big flipping hassle. 
I can't chance one of my cats deciding to start chewing on them. 
blink.gif

Just one point to make , and I would be interested if anyone else has had an issue.
I always put mine back in the case every time, that involves unplugging xlr's  , well after 9 months the centre tube connection of the right xlr came out of socket when I unplugged it, so was left holding a 20mm long gold tube totally unattached to anything and of course, no  sound in right channel.
Supplier has replaced under warranty so that's fine but was wondering if anyone else has had this issue.
Am concerned that repeated unplugging of these fine mini size sockets  may show up an inherent weakness ?
Anna

May 28, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #6,940 of 7,138
  Just one point to make , and I would be interested if anyone else has had an issue.
I always put mine back in the case every time, that involves unplugging xlr's  , well after 9 months the centre tube connection of the right xlr came out of socket when I unplugged it, so was left holding a 20mm long gold tube totally unattached to anything and of course, no  sound in right channel.
Supplier has replaced under warranty so that's fine but was wondering if anyone else has had this issue.
Am concerned that repeated unplugging of these fine mini size sockets  may show up an inherent weakness ?
Anna

To be honest, the constant strain on the jack of unplugging and plugging in the cable is the reason I leave them on a headphone stand and not the case.  In my opinion, any mechanical piece will eventually wear out and break down given enough wear and tear.

May 28, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #6,941 of 7,138
Just recently moved to an LCD 2 from an RS1i and couldn't be happier with the sonic character of these new headphones. The one thing that I did not like, as with some other people on here, was the slightly excessive pressure exerted on my head. I decided to try out the vegan pads and headband instead of the normal leather and found the comfort to be greatly improved. I also noticed no difference in sound quality with this change and now believe these to be the perfect headphones for me. I highly recommend the vegan pads to anyone looking for more comfort out of their pair.

May 28, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #6,942 of 7,138
Wow - finally made it to the end of this thread! Guess I'll have to start on the original, locked one for reading material.

I've been listening to my LCD2.2 (pre-fazors) for a couple of weeks now, coming from HD-650's and HE-400's as my main listening cans. I love the 650's paired with my Crack + Speedball, and fell in love with the ortho speed with my HE-400's from the S.E,X. amp.

The LCD's are a step beyond either, and I'm very happy with the naturalness of the sound and level of detail it brings out. True, the soundstage is minimal, but I'm fine with that intimate sound.

Anyways - it's been a great read through this thread - thank you all for the comments and impressions!

May 28, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #6,943 of 7,138
My LCD-2 Fazor died today. Put the music on pause, put the headphones on my desk, went to do something, came back, put them on, started up the music, and the left driver is dead. It's not the cable and it's not the amp. The driver died. I'm putting in a service request now. I've had them for 1 year and 26 days exactly.

May 28, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #6,944 of 7,138
I wonder if Audeze knows why it's always the left driver that dies.  It's eerily consistent.

May 29, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #6,945 of 7,138
Anna

I have the same concerns, and more so as aI bought a used pair whose right driver xlr socket is loose (I'll soon fix it). With my LCD2.1, I just return them to their case with cable attached. They've seemed to form a natural bend to the cable and I just let them wrap the same direction each time. I make sure there isn't too much pressure on any of the bends and it seems to fit fine.

Edit: oh, the real reason I put them in the case. Cats. LCDs natural enemy in the wild.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back