The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Jan 1, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #3,721 of 7,138
Quote:
Hi all. I have just purchased this LCD-2 rev2 (a demo pairs, like new) and the first time i used it, everything is fine until i unplug the cable: the left cable can be unplug easily but the right can't be unplug, seem like it was stuck, even i press the button firmly or hard. Plz help me

I had the exact same problem a few weeks ago. I asked the cable vendor and he told me to use a pair of pliers to remove the cable. It did some minor damage to the socket, but nothing to worry about.

You definitely need a new cable, though. Don't under any circumstances plug the faulty cable back in.

Jan 1, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #3,722 of 7,138
Quote:
Hi all. I have just purchased this LCD-2 rev2 (a demo pairs, like new) and the first time i used it, everything is fine until i unplug the cable: the left cable can be unplug easily but the right can't be unplug, seem like it was stuck, even i press the button firmly or hard. Plz help me

Unfortunately that's kind of normal.  Play with the push button some, grab the connector and housing and PULL! :D  Just make sure you aren't holding the cable itself.

Jan 1, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #3,723 of 7,138
Had the same problem with the stock cable.It seems to be "rough around the edges'!
Aftermarket cable is the way to go....and it sounds better ,too!

Jan 2, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #3,724 of 7,138
Quote:

Proid!

I had the same problem with stock cable connectors, i did what Solude said and i got it out, just hold on firmly to the socket and NOT the headphone itself, you might pull the connector of the frame. i got the Poetic Series custom cable from Plus sound audio, and the connectors works very well on these, and the sound got a little more "bright" on the LCD-2's
smile.gif

Jan 2, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #3,725 of 7,138
Quote:
The HD800 is bright, really bright--not what I'd call a natural sound, at least by my taste.

Sounds like you haven't heard a properly amp'ed synergised matched setup with the HD800. Dare I say, I've given the SPL Phonitor another listen with the HD800 and by mean's no matter how pimped or decked out a B22 is (I have a 3 channel one myself), the SPL Phonitor trounces it in every-way possible. Yet still a 'to be' purchased amp on my list. If you want detail, soundstage, imaging and depth of your music, a well paired HD800 is the highest level you can go out of the orthos/dynamic transducer's short after the high-end Staxen's.

Jan 2, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #3,727 of 7,138
Quote:
Sounds like you haven't heard a properly amp'ed synergised matched setup with the HD800. Dare I say, I've given the SPL Phonitor another listen with the HD800 and by mean's no matter how pimped or decked out a B22 is (I have a 3 channel one myself), the SPL Phonitor trounces it in every-way possible. Yet still a 'to be' purchased amp on my list. If you want detail, soundstage, imaging and depth of your music, a well paired HD800 is the highest level you can go out of the orthos/dynamic transducer's short after the high-end Staxen's.

Please say this is in your opinion..  Because this is not a fact..  I have a 4 channel fully balanced B22.  I also have a different opinion than you.

From others opinions on here - the Phonitor don't come close.  At all..  I'm just saying..

Jan 2, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #3,728 of 7,138
Quote:

I'd love to hear the HD800 on a variety of amps.  I've only listened to it through a Lyr<Gungnir setup and I don't think the synergy was good at all.  If I'd had a little more time at the DC meet, I could have heard it through the GS-X or the Mjolnir--but honestly, anything that bright out of the Lyr is probably not a match for my tastes.  The RS-1 sounded positively laid back in comparison out of the same signal chain.  Interestingly, the owner of the HD800 I listened to, also has a Phonitor--and he's not that enthusiastic about it.  If I were looking at the $2K ballpark for an amp, I'd order the GS-X in a NY minute--powerful balanced sound and superb build quality (like all of Justin's gear).

Jan 2, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #3,729 of 7,138
Quote:
I'd love to hear the HD800 on a variety of amps.  I've only listened to it through a Lyr<Gungnir setup and I don't think the synergy was good at all.  If I'd had a little more time at the DC meet, I could have heard it through the GS-X or the Mjolnir--but honestly, anything that bright out of the Lyr is probably not a match for my tastes.  The RS-1 sounded positively laid back in comparison out of the same signal chain.  Interestingly, the owner of the HD800 I listened to, also has a Phonitor--and he's not that enthusiastic about it.  If I were looking at the $2K ballpark for an amp, I'd order the GS-X in a NY minute--powerful balanced sound and superb build quality (like all of Justin's gear).

+1

Jan 3, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #3,730 of 7,138
Might a fellow Head-Fi'er be so kind as to recommend a reasonably priced aftermarket cable with a 4-pin termination?  The right channel on my stock balanced cable is starting to go out as the end of the cable near the connector is damaged.

Jan 3, 2013 at 2:23 AM Post #3,731 of 7,138
Quote:
Might a fellow Head-Fi'er be so kind as to recommend a reasonably priced aftermarket cable with a 4-pin termination?  The right channel on my stock balanced cable is starting to go out as the end of the cable near the connector is damaged.

BTG isn't too unreasonable maybe..

Jan 3, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #3,732 of 7,138
+1 on BTG
Brian does all my wiring & other things..very,very good prices,with high quality workmanship.

Jan 3, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #3,733 of 7,138
Quote:

Please say this is in your opinion..  Because this is not a fact..  I have a 4 channel fully balanced B22.  I also have a different opinion than you.

From others opinions on here - the Phonitor don't come close.  At all..  I'm just saying..

Of course it is my opinion I don't need to say that it is my opinion because forums like this is only comprised of opinions gathered by everyone. Also I have listened to a fully decked out balanced b22 and it sounds the same as my fully decked out 3 channel b22 (ever wondered why Ti Kan always recommended the 3 channel topology over the 4 due to cost and performance gains). The SPL Phonitor I had a listen to was balanced XLR connected to some SACD transport system that was at my local Jabens, I was listening to a demo disc from a Marantz pre-amp and some of the classical that was being played, the depth of the music piece playing was entrancing, something I had not heard from 5 different b22 builds I have built, heard from other locals and my personal own one, what I also noticed is that the Phonitor to my ear's at least is more neutral, the b22 can be fairly bright sometimes.

Also there is no need to get defensive at all.....just saying. 

Jan 3, 2013 at 6:35 AM Post #3,734 of 7,138
Can you chaps have a look at my amp thread for LCD-2's?

Trying to decide on V100, HD-160D, or Mjolnir using NFB-12 as a source.

Thanks yall :)

Jan 3, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #3,735 of 7,138
If those are the candidates, there really is no choice... Mjolnir by a landslide! L A N D S L I D E :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back