The ATH-CKS77.
Oct 16, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #1,352 of 1,518
Ya AT had plenty of time to figure out what needs to be upgraded to the sound. They seem to be getting really heavy into their Air Chamber tech they started on the older CKS earphones. I am debating if I need yet another earphone. Lol! Too many headphone and earphones. I have no doubts these new CKS earphones will be worth the cash for fans of any of the older CKS earphones. The CKS1000. Wow those look insane. I am considering trying out the CKS99.

Oct 16, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #1,354 of 1,518
SO I tried putting in a preorder of the CKS99s. It says estimated ship date. December 10th-31st? No way. I ain't spending almost $200 to wait 2 months. Looks like I will have to look for another way of getting these. I will eventually own one. It is just a matter of time. If so expect a full report.

Oct 16, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #1,356 of 1,518
Quote:
SO I tried putting in a preorder of the CKS99s. It says estimated ship date. December 10th-31st? No way. I ain't spending almost $200 to wait 2 months. Looks like I will have to look for another way of getting these. I will eventually own one. It is just a matter of time. If so expect a full report.

Same thing with the guy I tried to order from on ebay a few days ago.  They release in 3 days though :)

Oct 16, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #1,357 of 1,518
Well worst case scenario. My friend is going to Japan toward the end of the year. Will have to have him pick me up some goodies..I will wait till the earphones are out I bet there will be many more vendors offering them at that point.

Oct 17, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #1,358 of 1,518
Quote:
The CKS1000 looks like they use more material to have a higher end sound with your big bass. But is it worth spending double on is the question??

I would honestly take this just for the aesthetic fixes, the only time I prefer a bass heavy IEM is when I'm outside walking or in school. If i was at home and I just want to appreciate my music I would just listen to balanced headphones to enjoy my jazz or whatnot, then fix the EQ or use my ZO2 for EDM and whatnot. Now, when I'm walking around and I'm in school the CKS77s sound perfect, but are, so far, the most annoying headphones to take out, put on, and untangle. I also hate taking my phone out to  change the song when I'm walking. I honestly think these aesthetic fixes, plus slightly better SQ will put these up with the Sennheiser IE80i (and some other high end consumer IEMs well north of 200$) in terms of over all quality as usable/consumer friendly, bass heavy, high end IEMs. So far there really aren't that many high end consumer friendly IEMs, except for maybe from Sony, Sennheiser, maybe Phiaton, and maybe Ultimate Ears (just off the top of my head).
Essentially this will probably be able to compete with some really expensive IEMs, I think it's a great idea, and I'm interested in how they will implement these. 
just my $0.02

Oct 17, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #1,359 of 1,518
Don't forget that snazzy volume control cable. I'm sure that's at least a $50 markup. CKS99 seems like the way to go! 

Quote:
I would honestly take this just for the aesthetic fixes, the only time I prefer a bass heavy IEM is when I'm outside walking or in school. If i was at home and I just want to appreciate my music I would just listen to balanced headphones to enjoy my jazz or whatnot, then fix the EQ or use my ZO2 for EDM and whatnot. Now, when I'm walking around and I'm in school the CKS77s sound perfect, but are, so far, the most annoying headphones to take out, put on, and untangle. I also hate taking my phone out to  change the song when I'm walking. I honestly think these aesthetic fixes, plus slightly better SQ will put these up with the Sennheiser IE80i (and some other high end consumer IEMs well north of 200$) in terms of over all quality as usable/consumer friendly, bass heavy, high end IEMs. So far there really aren't that many high end consumer friendly IEMs, except for maybe from Sony, Sennheiser, maybe Phiaton, and maybe Ultimate Ears (just off the top of my head).
Essentially this will probably be able to compete with some really expensive IEMs, I think it's a great idea, and I'm interested in how they will implement these. 
just my $0.02

Oct 19, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #1,360 of 1,518
Hi. First post here. Im looking to buy my first iem. I am considering the cks77 or nuforce ne-700x. I currently use sennheiser hd595 and pxc450. I like the sound of the pxc450 better (hd595 was my first pair) but I want something more portable. I really like the sound of sennheisers and would like to know if the cks77 is similar sounding to the pxc450. I would desceibe the 450 as Full of detail and nice deep bass but also balanced and wide. Thanks :)

Oct 22, 2012 at 4:23 AM Post #1,361 of 1,518
Quote:
Has anyone bought from ebay specifically a seller names artistic.life? they are selling them at a lower price (not massively lower) compared to others. just wondering what's the deal with that.
Can someone describe how to do the filter mod? thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

I have bought one. There's no differences. Just the subject has no box and accessories and just one pair of tips. If u have a pair of normal tips which fit u good - can take it. Actually if u like the sound. Because i didn't like it and want to sell.
To do the filter mod u need just to remove the filter from the soundguide. It's easy to do with a needle. But it doesn't change the sound much. It gives a bit more of highs.
About the seller. The seller is good. I liked to have a deal. Because my first pair was bad. The left ear lost it's bass. I sent it to seller and they sent me a new pair very soon not waiting wile they get my one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back