The ATH-CKS77.
May 25, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #1,082 of 1,518
Quote:
awesome.. you would think, by looking at the numbers.... that the fx1x would be better.. interesting.

You check out the discovery thread. There is an impression from a guy that owns 3 CKS77s Lol! Check out BGRoberts impression. here.http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-the-jvc-ha-fx40-page-83-jvc-ha-fx101-page-96/1665#post_8410129

May 25, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #1,086 of 1,518
Quote:
Could you list the songs you use? and how long do you suggest I burn them in for? Thanks again. 

Lol. Drum n Bass compilations are all over the net. It don't matter who the artist is. I couldn't care less as that isn't the type of music I listen to much. You can go to your local best buy or walmart and just buy a cheap $5 DnB compilation and the reason why it don't matter which artist made it. It will all be Drum and Bass. A dub step compilation will work just fine too.. One CD ripped or the CD in a player on replay would do the trick.

The reason why I like Drum n Bass over any other EDM for burning is. There is a lot of fast beats that happen in the tracks. Much more than lets say Hip hop or even trance for that matter with Bass that hit all over the place. High to low. The music beats on them drivers..If you go into your local music shop I bet there will be an entire section for electonica and Drum n Bass. Any one of them would be fine on repeat on your player.

May 26, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #1,087 of 1,518
So I just got these.. These are absolutely NEW. There is no way these was rejected. These are perfect. Including the sound. I can tell they are new as they highs are not as clean as my well used pair but unlike the last pair which sounded muddy on the get go. These have the clarity and the sparkle that I was impressed with on open box on my boxed pair.. So it seems these RED LTD and the BLACKs are both the ones that seem to have the sound that is right. The Rednblacks were the ones that had issues.  They gave me not only large tips but medium and small as well. The only thing that is missing is the pouch. Lol! For a pristine LTD red edition. It was worth it.

May 26, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #1,088 of 1,518
Quote:
So I just got these.. These are absolutely NEW. There is no way these was rejected. These are perfect. Including the sound. I can tell they are new as they highs are not as clean as my well used pair but unlike the last pair which sounded muddy on the get go. These have the clarity and the sparkle that I was impressed with on open box on my boxed pair.. So it seems these RED LTD and the BLACKs are both the ones that seem to have the sound that is right. The Rednblacks were the ones that had issues.  They gave me not only large tips but medium and small as well. The only thing that is missing is the pouch. Lol! For a pristine LTD red edition. It was worth it.

You said that you got those that had issues to sound up to 97% as good as your original ATH-CKS77BK, with extensive burn in.  So, was the issue that they required more burn in or they just were of inferior sound quality?

Still burning mine in.  Slowly, but surely.

May 26, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #1,089 of 1,518
These are the 2nd pair sent to me from HK dealer. Even thought the first pair was burned in for a good 100 plus hours and they were improving but never ended up being exactly what my original pair was.. They sent me an email saying those might be a bad pair and that they would send me a replacement.

These are the replacements. It took a while but. These have the same sound as my burned in pair. The highs are just a tad dull in comparison and the mids are a bit rough compared to my well used pair but beyond that. IT wasn't like the last pair where the sound was off from the beginning... I am commencing burn.

May 26, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #1,090 of 1,518
Quote:

I am happy for you.
beerchug.gif

May 27, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #1,095 of 1,518
Quote:
Anybody using these for jogging/running/working out? How are they?

I can't jog anymore with my knees, but I do power walk with my dog.  I also use comply tips, and I find them more secure.  But because the weight of these is inside the cup of your ear, I don't find that they fall out or move too much while walking. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back