The ATH-CKS77.
May 21, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #1,051 of 1,518
Yes.  If you look at the nozzle without the tip, you'll see two rings on it.  First position is how they ship, with the tip the farthest away from the earphone.  Pushing on the tip towards the earphone will slide the rubber tip down the nozzle, and lock on the second position.  I noticed a little less bass and the mids leveled out some, but I prefer a more forward sound, and the first position is my favorite.

May 21, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #1,052 of 1,518
Dsnuts@ Have u tried the atrio silicone sleeves on the CKS77?

The sub-bass it produces is incredible
basshead.gif

Would like to know ur impression with atrio silicone sleeves on solid bass CKS77.

Thanx.

May 21, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #1,053 of 1,518
Quote:
Dsnuts@ Have u tried the atrio silicone sleeves on the CKS77?

The sub-bass it produces is incredible
basshead.gif

Would like to know ur impression with atrio silicone sleeves on solid bass CKS77.

Thanx.

Interesting. I will try that out. Lol. I never thought about that. At first I was like. There is no way these are gonna fit on the CKS77. What you know they needed some messing with but I got them on.

My Gooodness. The bass!! Lol. So now we all know why the Atrios have strong sub bass. half of it is design. Hows about your sub bass shot through a tube. Seems like these amplify the sub bass. Lol!

Man it is almost too much. Lol!! SO I am listening to Lil wayne. OMG!!! Lol! This is unbelievable. They stick out of my ears even ,more so but the bass. Is multiplied. My goodness!. Any of you guys own the Atrios and have the silicones must try this. It will blow your mind.

May 21, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #1,054 of 1,518
Your last sentences really crack me up,i tot u are a basshead. Lol..

The reason i try using atrio sleeves is imo CKS77 have more mid-bass than sub-bass,therefore i try using the sub-bass sleeves on these and it works.Lol.

But i had to reduce the clear bass on my sony player.Lol.

May 21, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #1,055 of 1,518
Quote:
Your last sentences really crack me up,i tot u are a basshead. Lol..

The reason i try using atrio sleeves is imo CKS77 have more mid-bass than sub-bass,therefore i try using the sub-bass sleeves on these and it works.Lol.

But i had to reduce the clear bass on my sony player.Lol.

No doubt. I mean seriously they sound like full on SUBs like that. and not the small dinky 8inchers either. Wow that is unbelievable..That is some tuning using eartips. I heard bass get stronger using tips before but not quite like that. I mean it amplifys the sub bass. Whats crazy is you can make out the rest of the tune just fine too.. Unreal.

May 21, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #1,057 of 1,518
I forgot these have 2 positions... I just pulled the tips out to the outer position, and got blasted by overwhelming bass. This is ridiculous amount of bass. I am A/Bing it vs my XB500 right now, at the same volume unamped, the CKS77 is louder.. I guess its because its smaller driver is easier to drive?

Now it has slightly better deep bass extension than my XB500, but the XB500's mid bass is faster, has more impact. Its a different signature, but to me this is pretty close to even vs the XB500 in terms of bass... Amazing for a pair of IEMs :D

May 21, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #1,058 of 1,518
Quote:
Where can I buy some MG7 silicone sleeves for cheap?

Unfortunately the silicones for MG7 was made for Atrio long and narrow nozzle design but now that I am playing around with some tips. A good compromise are these.   Monster Gels.. These will enhance the sub bass a bit over the standard tips and. For the guys that got the HK rejects and don't have a proper tip for your earphones. It would make sense that Monster tips would sound right for a bassy earphone. These tips sound great on the CKS77.

I have to admit though those Atrio tips threw me for a loop. You guys thought the bass was strong on these now. Lol!!  Now I did notice the fullness of the CKS77 does decrease slightly using the Atrio tips so while the sub bass is still not as strong using the Monster Gels. The gels come close to the stock sound while enhancing the subs just slightly.

Now if you guys are thinking is it worth getting these over your stock tips the answer to that would be no not really. The stock tips are still give the best overall sound but these Monster Gels come really close while throwing out just a little more sub bass. So these would make good tips to get if you need to get tips. It seems AT standard tips can't be purchased. These Monster Gels are easily purchases on Amazon.

May 21, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #1,059 of 1,518
I tried the Atrio silicone tips on mine, and the bass was increased.  But I felt it was at the cost of imaging, and overall sound signature.  The mids faded to the background a bit, and my favorite part of these was lost.  I think my favorite tips on these are the comply Tx500 foamies.  They increase the sub bass, but keep the mids more forward, for a more engaging sound.  And they are comfy as well
biggrin.gif

May 21, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #1,060 of 1,518
Quote:
I tried the Atrio silicone tips on mine, and the bass was increased.  But I felt it was at the cost of imaging, and overall sound signature.  The mids faded to the background a bit, and my favorite part of these was lost.  I think my favorite tips on these are the comply Tx500 foamies.  They increase the sub bass, but keep the mids more forward, for a more engaging sound.  And they are comfy as well
biggrin.gif

Ya I noticed that too, which makes you wonder about Atrios housing and nozzle design. Now I know why instrument separation is so bad on the Atrios..

May 21, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #1,061 of 1,518
Meelec biflanges are my favorites so far on these, and then the sony hybrids. I like the comply but much prefer the p-series which isnt made for these although i bet ir u took the core out it might work. I will have to see if i have a pair laying around to experiment with. And i must admit i cant enjoy any of my other iems anymore ad these have spoiled me. Ive sold my asg1.2 and atrios as they cant match the fun sound tjese have. Still curious to try sennheiser ie80 and maybe fx700 again. I gotta say the 700s are my favorite that ive had. But these are reallu close and for the price nothing is close.

May 22, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #1,064 of 1,518
Quote:

Those are pretty different headphones... neither of which is considered bassy or a bass heavy iem like the CKS-77. I had the RE-262 and it is midrange oriented with a very soft bass impact.

how about the mid range and treble presence, could you elaborate :)

May 22, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #1,065 of 1,518
Great news for guys that want the OEM tips from AT.  I just got this email.

profile_mask2.png

Dave Webb dwebb@atus.com
6:38 AM (3 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

[size=10.0pt]The ear tips are available for $3.00/pair plus postage. Please provide address and credit card information. We can also do a Paypal transaction.[/size]

[size=8.5pt]DAVE WEBB[/size]
[size=8.5pt]Parts and Repair Coordinator[/size]
P
330.686.2600 ext. 5002
F 330.686.6277
Audio-Technica U.S., Inc.
1221 Commerce Drive, Stow, Ohio 44224

Users who are viewing this thread

Back