The ATH-CKS77.
May 11, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #947 of 1,518
Glad you guys are enjoying your earphones.

Well my HK reds are slowly improving but my original box pair still has more clarity..The highs are not quite there and a there is still somewhat of a veil on the mids..I am thinking of taking the filter out of these to make them come closer to my original pair.

So unfortunate for me I think I got a bad pair..I am thinking there is indeed a variation on the SQ of these HK cheapos. Some will get lucky and get the real sound and I think if you guys didn't own an actual boxed version. What I am hearing now from the HK version is acceptable but since I actually own an original that sounds correct I know these aren't quite there. Commence taking filter out.

I just got this in the mail.
[size=medium]Hi David,[/size]
[size=medium]Could you please tell me which one you received please? The CKS77S at short cable, or CKS77 BK at long cable?[/size]
[size=medium]Yes, you are right they are factory rejects. However, not all of them are bad. Most of them are very good. The sound you said Muffled is mainly because it hasn't be burn in(Maybe should be called TEMPER, it is to make the sound quality improved and stabilized).[/size]

[size=medium]Could you please do that at first? If the quality still can't improve, I can change a new pair for you.[/size]

[size=medium]Also hope you can understand that it is my retail price, if you want to wholesale, of course I can offer some discount for you.[/size]

[size=medium]Thank you for understanding and looking forward to your reply.[/size]
[size=medium]regards[/size]

cleardot.gif

Well they offered me a replacement. I will burn them in for one more day n night and see if something happens. If not I will take up on their offer to get a new one.

May 11, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #948 of 1,518
Sounds like they're willing to work with folks to be sure everyone's satisfied with things.
Also nice to have the "factory reject" theory confirmed!
Still loving all of mine.
I actually wound up with 3 pair, 2 boxed and one from eBay.
Yeah, I go a little overboard sometimes.
gs1000.gif

Quote:
Glad you guys are enjoying your earphones.

Well my HK reds are slowly improving but my original box pair still has more clarity..The highs are not quite there and a there is still somewhat of a veil on the mids..I am thinking of taking the filter out of these to make them come closer to my original pair.

So unfortunate for me I think I got a bad pair..I am thinking there is indeed a variation on the SQ of these HK cheapos. Some will get lucky and get the real sound and I think if you guys didn't own an actual boxed version. What I am hearing now from the HK version is acceptable but since I actually own an original that sounds correct I know these aren't quite there. Commence taking filter out.

I just got this in the mail.
[size=medium]Hi David,[/size]
[size=medium]Could you please tell me which one you received please? The CKS77S at short cable, or CKS77 BK at long cable?[/size]
[size=medium]Yes, you are right they are factory rejects. However, not all of them are bad. Most of them are very good. The sound you said Muffled is mainly because it hasn't be burn in(Maybe should be called TEMPER, it is to make the sound quality improved and stabilized).[/size]

[size=medium]Could you please do that at first? If the quality still can't improve, I can change a new pair for you.[/size]

[size=medium]Also hope you can understand that it is my retail price, if you want to wholesale, of course I can offer some discount for you.[/size]

[size=medium]Thank you for understanding and looking forward to your reply.[/size]
[size=medium]regards[/size]

cleardot.gif

Well they offered me a replacement. I will burn them in for one more day n night and see if something happens. If not I will take up on their offer to get a new one.

May 11, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #949 of 1,518
I got the Sony EX1000 coming in...lets just see how good a value the CKS77´s really are 
biggrin.gif

May 11, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #950 of 1,518
after a month of inactivity I'm gonna pull the trigger on the ebay ones, the seller seems legit enough that I don't have to worry about my money. Sure some more hassle might be involved to get good sounding ones but I can deal. DS this would be the 3rd thing I've bought from your threads and would have been apart of this thread forever ago if I didn't get so busy before. Can't wait these seem to be the perfect iems for me.

May 11, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #951 of 1,518
Ya I have to admit these guys on ebay are about as nice as they get. They are being honest and forward about info and seem to want to please their customers. Good luck with these and I hope you get a fully burned in one. Ultimately I think if you are not happy with these rejected CKS77s these guys will change them out until you are. Which is awesome for them. Look forward to your take on them bryyando.

May 11, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #952 of 1,518
Mine just arrived ($89 shipped from Japan in original box) Initial thought after full 5min trial,.......W O W!!!!!dont think i will regret selling atrios also have digizoid arriving monday and ath ws55. My wife asked why i bought 2 new phones and i told her it was all DSNUTZ fault...that didnt go over so well as i had to explain that Dsnuts is an actual person and not deez nutz..lol:cool:

May 11, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #953 of 1,518
Quote:
Mine just arrived ($89 shipped from Japan in original box) Initial thought after full 5min trial,.......W O W!!!!!dont think i will regret selling atrios also have digizoid arriving monday and ath ws55. My wife asked why i bought 2 new phones and i told her it was all DSNUTZ fault...that didnt go over so well as i had to explain that Dsnuts is an actual person and not deez nutz..lol:cool:

Lol!! Hey you didn't tell a lie. hahaha.

Ya exactly. Your reaction was my reaction exactly..None have THIS sound. Many earphones try this but none have this exact sound. Happy listening they will grow on you like crazy I guarantee it. Listen to all your favorites and you will see.

May 11, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #954 of 1,518
Well guys. I am gonna take up on the cheapo HK offer to get these replaced. These sound terrible. They are not improving at all. I just did another A/B and these ones I got from Artistic. is not improving.

The highs have little definition and the mids are atrocious on my pair. Vocals are muddy at best..I am 100% positive I got a bunk earphone. I will see what these guys will do as I sent them an email reporting how bad these sound even after 50 hours of burn. These have improved only a little from when I first got them. I do not expect them to all of a sudden improve to what my original pair sound like.

One way of telling if you guys got a decent pair is. If you are hearing clean highs and clear mids with your big bass.. Reread what I wrote about the sound on the beginning of the thread. If what you are hearing matches up then you have nothing to worry about.. These are polar opposites of my experience with my original pair. It seems I got the lemon. Which is the chance you take when you get factory rejects. lol!. Oh well you try n cut corners and sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't. Will keep you guys updated as I expect a response from them tomorrow..

May 11, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #955 of 1,518
Quote:
Well guys. I am gonna take up on the cheapo HK offer to get these replaced. These sound terrible. They are not improving at all. I just did another A/B and these ones I got from Artistic. is not improving.

The highs have little definition and the mids are atrocious on my pair. Vocals are muddy at best..I am 100% positive I got a bunk earphone. I will see what these guys will do as I sent them an email reporting how bad these sound even after 50 hours of burn. These have improved only a little from when I first got them. I do not expect them to all of a sudden improve to what my original pair sound like.

One way of telling if you guys got a decent pair is. If you are hearing clean highs and clear mids with your big bass.. Reread what I wrote about the sound on the beginning of the thread. If what you are hearing matches up then you have nothing to worry about.. These are polar opposites of my experience with my original pair. It seems I got the lemon. Which is the chance you take when you get factory rejects. lol!. Oh well you try n cut corners and sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't. Will keep you guys updated as I expect a response from them tomorrow..

So is yours the S version with the short cable or BK version with the long cable as the seller put it?

May 11, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #956 of 1,518
They are the long cord version. Red with black rings.

You know I am wondering if there are small variances in the sounds even on original pairs.  These cheapos have me wondering about that. I mean unless you have 2 of the same earphones side by side like I have to compare. I mean as long as they sound kinda close who is gonna know.?

May 11, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #958 of 1,518
I think with just how legit fakes look. I mean I seen with my own eyes some Rolex replicas that looks stunningly like the originals down to every single little detail weight logo.. .Something like a CKS77 is gonna be so easy to dupe..If I didn't own an actual original pair. These HK versions are actually listenable. They have big bass like my pair. Same stage and sound signature. But man mine are so much cleaner sounding with musical definition. These HK pair does not.. It isn't a slight difference. I can clearly tell.

I almost want to say maybe the drivers were changed out. Don't know. I am hoping they will change me out for a better one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back