Apr 22, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #511 of 1,518
ckm77, cks77 comparison.

For me......

if your source is clinical - cks77

source is warmish - ckm77

if you want thumping bass - cks77

airness in female vocal - ckm77

lush warmish yet roomy in female vocals - cks77

cks77 works better with my 90s brit indie than the ckm77.

Bottomline I think the cks77 would probably appeal to more people. It is quite a versatile pair of iem. Plus for me the cks77 was like USD66 and the ckm77 was was like USD90  (local shop in HK)    So much better value for money. :)

Apr 23, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #513 of 1,518

Quote:
kinda wishing i bought the red ones..  im all about black on black but the more i look at the reds the more they pull me in :p

Me too. My CKS55 might not sound as good as my CKS77s but they look nicer than them in all white with the metal A for the logo on top of the air chamber. I am with you there. I have so many black cans. Other colors are appealing to me much more now a days.

@snoopy007  Good take on the differences in the CKM77 and the CKS77.. I agree 100%. I love how vocals sound on the CKM77 but CKS77 is pretty crazy for female vocals...If you got Diana Krall check out how she sounds on the CKS77.. Gives you goose bumps. Lol!!

Apr 23, 2012 at 5:33 AM Post #515 of 1,518
I'm pretty keen on getting these, am I right in assuming that a lot of you guys think these are the best in-ears for the price?

Could anyone comment on how these sound compared to the CX300-ii's or the A-Jays 3?

I'm really liking the idea of the great soundstage and tight bass on the CKS77's.

Apr 23, 2012 at 6:01 AM Post #516 of 1,518
Quote:
how about overall quality, like the mids and highs are they good in the cks77

the overall quality of sound as great...just so clear, the highs have a lovely sparkle to them and extend quite far! 

The mids, especially female vocals sound so intimate, lovely warm sound to them...and very upfront, nothing sounds lacking one bit in this earphone! 

Most people are talking abut the bass as for an IEM its crazy so that is what will hit you first and continue to suprise you, but the mids and highs are equally good...I have been most taken aback by the level of detail in this IEM as I didnt believe it would be possible to be soooo detailed yet have such strong bass, I EQ the bass up even more and still the highs and mids dont get swallowed up...even better effect if you use a Digizoid Z02 with it as you can have UNREAL BASS, both mid and sub bass but yet detail is still very much there...not lacking one bit after a little bump to mids and highs if Z02 is used! This is if you listen to EDM or similar though...listening to something like The XX then stock bass levels is great, as it still stamps authority but supports the mids and high sooo well...what I am trying to say is everything is so well integrated that nothing overpowers any of the frequencies, and what you have is a very full sound that I only have experienced with full sized cans with 5x bigger drivers! And the soundstage is great too! 

I'm pretty keen on getting these, am I right in assuming that a lot of you guys think these are the best in-ears for the price?
Could anyone comment on how these sound compared to the CX300-ii's or the A-Jays 3?
I'm really liking the idea of the great soundstage and tight bass on the CKS77's.

CKS77´s wipe the floor with CX300´s like a good 2-3 tiers above them! All the CX300´s have is bass and even then the CKS77´s bass beats the Senn´s LOL

There better in everyway and then some lol...havent heard A-Jays 3

Apr 23, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #517 of 1,518

Quote:

CKS77´s wipe the floor with CX300´s like a good 2-3 tiers above them! All the CX300´s have is bass and even then the CKS77´s bass beats the Senn´s LOL

There better in everyway and then some lol...havent heard A-Jays 3

Very good to hear!
I find it funny how everyone is saying how amazing these are, but the WS55 are generally not that well liked (from what I've heard).

Apr 23, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #518 of 1,518
Quote:
Very good to hear!
I find it funny how everyone is saying how amazing these are, but the WS55 are generally not that well liked (from what I've heard).

I only heard good things about the WS55 for example http://www.whathifi.com/review/ath-ws55i

Apr 23, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #519 of 1,518

Quote:

Very good to hear!

Are you talking about the CKS55 or the WS55.. The WS55 are kick ass. You guys have no idea. They are completely worthy headphones..Imo better than the M50s. Out of all the Solid bass series the CKS77 are the only ones to best them. Otherwise those are truly one of the best portable headphones in the market.. I like them over my V moda V-80s which cost double.

Apr 23, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #521 of 1,518
Apr 23, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #522 of 1,518
Lol. ya cus this guy is just like our own Joker. he is all knowing..I have no idea who this guy is. He at least gave it a B. rating. Not his sound of choice it seems like to me.

If your into skinny sounding earphones of course your not gonna like these as much. But he liked them enough to give them a B rating.

Apr 23, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #524 of 1,518
People all have different taste in sound. It is obvious to me this guys taste in sound is not one on the Solid bass series..

Oh by the way. Sorry to throw a loop into the mix but you guys will be interested to read this newest tid bit..

Lets say.. You guys now have a choice. http://www.head-fi.org/t/607006/the-ath-ckm500-better-than-the-ckm77-and-the-ckm99-but-cost-less

Users who are viewing this thread

Back