The ATH-CKS77.
Apr 20, 2012 at 5:33 AM Post #407 of 1,518

Quote:

Quote:
Total quantity bass is greater on the CKS77 Vs MDT?

Better quality too.. Big punch with solid sub bass about equal to the MG7s a bit cleaner. I did an A/B against the MDTs. No comparison on which has better cleaner sound with better detail..

But again I know you are thinking. That is too much bass and bass will take over the sound and there has to be a catch to this sound..NO catch my friend. The tuning and work that went into these earphones are clearly evident..Not lacking in any part of the sound. Nothing muffled or muddiness of any type.. Just pure audio bliss.

I think this is on y mind too.
Mid-bass on the MDT's is quite dominating, but yet, as you said, the other frequencies take a hit a lil on the MDT's.

Quote:
Wait till you get these Dubbed. lol! You are just gonna love these.  In a way you can think the CKS77 as a cross between the MDTs bigger sound with even greater stage and depth and add to that the sub bass of the MG7s and even greater punch over the MDTs.. I am gonna guess that you will get yours in a few days. Barring any type of BS at the French post.

Now you mention it. I did notice better sparkle on the MG7s over the MDTs.

Excited :)
Oh and don't doubt french post...they ARE useless lol.

Quote:
Exactly how I found the MDT. They lacked detail on the bottom and sounded too boomy on many tracks.

Indeed.

Apr 20, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #408 of 1,518
Well guess what just came in...my CKS77 and Digizoid Z02...first impressions  

I was completly taken aback by one aspect of this CRAZY IEM paired with the Z02 and it wasnt the bass no it was the...clarity! 
eek.gif

I have to say it reminded me of the first ever time I saw a HD TV haha
Just lost for words, I dont understand how you can have soooo much bass and still hear every little detail within the tracks 
confused.gif
 I honeslty thought this was impossible (not sure if this is the CKS77 or the Z02 or both...havent listened without the Z02 yet so will post impressions later)
The soundstage is HUGE for an IEM...I am litterally hearing things fade in and out of the forground that I didnt know was there...yes this sounds cliche on this site but seriously! 

Put on a dubstep track and whack up the contour settings on the Z02 and the bassheads have that quite literal earth shattering bass, if you slightly increase the mids and highs via EQ then absolutly no detail is lost, and you have a HUGE sound...I didnt quite know what to think when Dsnuts was saying how big these sounded but I totally get it now, the layering is immense with such a thick sound. Its kind of strange having all the frequencies forward...Im used to recessed mids and highs to compensate for the bass but not here! Everything is right infront...nothing lacking one bit! But at the same time it can be very delicate when needed...all this without burn in...I am in awe to Audio Technica...fan for live! Its like having a dedicated subwoofer in each ear (only if its like that in the recording, I must stress this!!!! If there is a little bass in the recording then only a little bass will be heard...completely proportional to the bass in the recordings!)  

I think Dsnuts did a great job in descibing the sound, and I can agree with him entirely, the sound is just soooo smooth!

ATM I have on September - Earth, Wind and Fire ...and this is just the most fun sound ever...sounding amazing from my Sony Z1060!

Go get em´ guys...especially RPGWizzard...all IEM´s i have had in comparisson sound like they are playing on one field/plane but the soundstage is just out of this world for an IEM and still the overall sound is very forward...with your foobar settings I bet this is crazy...I´ll check now! 

Massive thanks to Dsnuts for putting this massive smile on my face 
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #409 of 1,518

Quote:
Well guess what just came in...my CKS77 and Digizoid Z02...first impressions  
ATM I have on September - Earth, Wind and Fire ...and this is just the most fun sound ever...sounding amazing from my Sony Z1060!

Go get em´ guys...

put that mother-lover to red contour settings (ZO2) and see what it does to your brain haha!

And...Dsnuts, will you know acknowledge French post being useless or not? lol 
tongue.gif

EDIT:
Dsnuts....
Son you're going to have to listen to the RedGiant A03.
Talk about space, and pure quality.

A03 I find will give your "spaced out, double chamber" CKS77's a run for their money.
The A03 are dual dynamic in each ear (so u have 4 drivers in total).

And this statement is based on 10mins litening to the A03, out-the-box.

A03 vs MG7 vs MDT (previous experience) vs CKS77
This should be very interesting.

popcorn.gif

Apr 20, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #411 of 1,518
danny93> you need to compare with and without ZO2 I think. :p

But can you quickly tell me about hissing, is there any noticable hissing with these IEMs paired with ZO2 when no music or anything is beying played? That's the only thing I'm holding back for before I pull the trigger. I can't live without ZO2's sound. Sure this IEM would probably sound very nice versus other IEMs ampless vs ampless but ZO'fied headphone vs ZOless CKS77 probably couldn't compare :p I can't stand hissing though, only a very little bit is OK (barely audible) so it's quite critical info for me.

Apr 20, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #412 of 1,518
Ok I too have jumped on the bandwagon. just ordred from AJ to the UK. only £63 with delivery.   got sick of just reading about them.

Danny can you tell me how long they took to arrive, I assume you ordered from AJ aswell? 

Apr 20, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #413 of 1,518
Quote:
But can you quickly tell me about hissing, is there any noticable hissing with these IEMs paired with ZO2 when no music or anything is beying played? That's the only thing I'm holding back for before I pull the trigger. I can't live without ZO2's sound. Sure this IEM would probably sound very nice versus other IEMs ampless vs ampless but ZO'fied headphone vs ZOless CKS77 probably couldn't compare :p I can't stand hissing though, only a very little bit is OK (barely audible) so it's quite critical info for me.

I take it you wouldnt take nicely to me joking 
L3000.gif
 haha...well there is a little hissing that is audible when no music is playing but my dad put the hoover on outside with the door closed and it almost completley drowned it out! As soon as there is music playing there is no sign of it what so ever...definatly dont let this put you off IMO...the hissing is more of a low pitched hum than a higher pitched squeal so that doesnt make it hard on the ears, I have been sitting here with the slight hiss (no music) throughout the post no problem...no issue at all for me!  

Ok I too have jumped on the bandwagon. just ordred from AJ to the UK. only £63 with delivery.   got sick of just reading about them.

Danny can you tell me how long they took to arrive, I assume you ordered from AJ aswell?   

Amazingly only a week...ordered on 13th they sent them on the 14th and got them today 20th...highly reccomended!
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #414 of 1,518

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Amazingly only a week...ordered on 13th they sent them on the 14th and got them today 20th...highly reccomended!
biggrin.gif

Been 6 days here.
I'm telling you, and you guys aren't believing me about french post.
(sent 14th, ordered 13th too)

Btw, danny how did you track them, if anything?

Apr 20, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #415 of 1,518
Danny thanks for the info. I need a ZO2 aswell, envious,  think i am going to have to wait untill advanced mp3 player have them back in stock but they are selling it for £80 . Cannot find any UK based sellers on any forums people just want to keep them! saw one that was going for only but had been sold already £45.

Would you consider listening to music without the ZO now you have one, is it that good that you would not? I know Totally Dubbed has it aswell and the reviews are all really positive. What I am really asking is how much bass does it add to the cks77?   
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 20, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #416 of 1,518

Quote:
Would you consider listening to music without the ZO now you have one, is it that good that you would not? I know Totally Dubbed has it aswell and the reviews are all really positive. What I am really asking is how much bass does it add to the cks77?   
bigsmile_face.gif

CKS77 put aside.

To this question:
Would you consider listening to music without the ZO now you have one, is it that good that you would not?

Answer:
I can't listen to music without it

And that's coming from a non-amp believer, who never used an amp regularly.

I used to have the E5 (before I gave it away to a head-fi member) - but never used it, had it for over 2 years btw.

I use my Zo2 for 2 reasons:
-Adding bass
-Adding a more "fullness" to the sound

Apr 20, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #417 of 1,518
I'm considering a purchase for some nicer IEMs. I had the CKM50 before but the very short cable was an annoyance (using the extension cord was a hassle, it's too damn long). I also thought the sound wasn't very special. So when they broke (left driver just stopped working outta nowhere) I just bought me a pair of JVC HA-FX1X, which I'm extremely happy with. What can you guys say about the CKS77? Is the cord at least 3' long? How's the bass? Is it worth its $120 price tag?

Also been looking at the CKS55, saw one very positive review but I can't find much in terms of opinions for it. I'm a huge fan of the ATH-M50s sound, and I would like something similar.

Apr 20, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #418 of 1,518
Danny glad you got them.. I kinda had a feeling you might like these a little. Enjoy your new earphones my friend and burn them in.

So upon careful thought. My comparo against the MG7 I feel is not a fair one. The reasons for this? The MG7 is a completely different sound altogether. They have nothing to do with the type of sound that these CKS77 are going for.. I think the MG7s are more of a reference type of earphone with large sub bass and I might have been confused on what to expect from them but. To my ears they are nice in their own right and are more comparable to a neutral type earphones. They are unique in that they have this larger than life subbass.  That being said I think the comparo against these CKS77 is not one that is a good one. The reason why I figured out how special the CKS77s are is because these beat the tard out of the MDTs in what they do. While my sound preference is one that like proper sound. I feel comparing the CKS77 to the MG7 is so different that I will take it out of this thread. 

I think Monster earphone fans are what these CKS77s are going for. I mentioned this before but the similarities are more closer to the MDTs than the MG7s.. A/Bing the MG7 vs the CKS77 is like A/Bing against a GR07 vs a MDT. Completely different sounds.

Enjoy them CKS77 fellas and show your friends what is up with these. Cus I feel it is now your job to educate..Burn and enjoy one of the best sounds for money around.

Apr 20, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #419 of 1,518
Quote:
Danny thanks for the info. I need a ZO2 aswell, envious,  think i am going to have to wait untill advanced mp3 player have them back in stock but they are selling it for £80 . Cannot find any UK based sellers on any forums people just want to keep them! saw one that was going for only but had been sold already £45.

bigsmile_face.gif

if it was this http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread.php?69035-FS-Digizoid-ZO2-V3-portable-amplifier-personal-subwoofer ...then that was me for £40...muhahahahah 
tongue.gif

And it does as some serious mid bass...not so much sub bass, and overall the sound does improve...more full, I could definatly listen to them without the Z02 though but that may be due to me not having spent that much time with it! it also adds so little bulk and its so light that I just blue tac it to the back of my sony and still easily slights in and out of my pocket! Dont feel that you need to get one to enjoy the CKS77´s though as they are amazing without the Z02 aswell...it just brings it to another level for me personally! 

@dsnuts you should look into a Z02 also...really sound good with the CKS77 and Sony via LOD or HP out! 

Apr 20, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #420 of 1,518

Quote:
I like them red n black ones. They ain't feminine looking in any way me thinks. Hey I have a pair of white CKS55 those look more feminine to me but I like em just because I have too many black earphones.

Doubt my friend. You have one coming to you so you will find out for yourself..The sub bass authority in both are very close..So guys that like sub bass have nothing to loose and everything to gain from trying out a CKS77. 

I think I prefer the MG7 over the MDTs by a small margin. But so far it is

CKS77>MG7>MDT...

How are the CKS55 IEMs? They're half the price of the CKS77 and there's a model with a mic and control thingamajig. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back