The ATH-CKS77.
Apr 10, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #151 of 1,518
  $4.99 free shipped from dealExtreme.  The fake ones have a more plasticy look to them. Almost toyish. Also they have a green colored ring around the 3.5 jack the originals have black. Otherwise. Throw one of these in a box that says it is AT. and there you go. They call them designer fashion earphones.. Lol The Right one is broken on this picture. $5.60..This one kinda looks like the older CKS70.

Apr 10, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #152 of 1,518
Do all the real ones have a right-angled plug?
Just noticed from the pics that the ones from the Ebay seller do not.

Quote:
  $4.99 free shipped from dealExtreme.  The fake ones have a more plasticy look to them. Almost toyish. Also they have a green colored ring around the 3.5 jack the originals have black. Otherwise. Throw one of these in a box that says it is AT. and there you go.

Apr 10, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #154 of 1,518

Quote:
Do all the real ones have a right-angled plug?
Just noticed from the pics that the ones from the Ebay seller do not.

Those they sell on ebay are the CKS77s.. The s stands for short cord. Only came out in Japan. They have a very short 1ft cord and then a 3 ft extension, it is the extension that has the standard L jack... The US version is the standard CKS77 the one you have.  The Red color is also a limited version only released in Japan.original vs

Apr 10, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #156 of 1,518

Quote:

Nice..In Asia. AT is tops. AT is there what Monster is here. So it don't surprise to see dupes. Wow those dupes are actually made very well. They look legit even with black ring around the 3.5 jack..SO it looks like there are variations of the dupes. The ones from DealExtreme are obvious to a fault but these. Wow. Don't know BG. These look like the ones that dealer are selling on ebay.

If these guys can dupe a Rolex. Something like a ATH-CKS77 is gonna be easy. Right down to the aluminum chrome edged A for the AT logo. lol!

Apr 10, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #157 of 1,518
Yeah, this will be interesting.

Quote:
Nice..In Asia. AT is tops. AT is there what Monster is here. So it don't surprise to see dupes. Wow those dupes are actually made very well. They look legit even with black ring around the 3.5 jack..SO it looks like there are variations of the dupes. The ones from DealExtreme are obvious to a fault but these. Wow. Don't know BG. These look like the ones that dealer are selling on ebay.

If these guys can dupe a Rolex. Something like a ATH-CKS77 is gonna be easy. Right down to the aluminum chrome edged A for the AT logo. lol!

Apr 10, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #158 of 1,518
When you use a headphone amplifier with an over the ear headphone, the sound becomes a lot fuller and richer.  This happens even with low impedance headphones that do not need an amplifier volume wise, but benefit greatly from amplification in their sound quality.  Would the same effect take place with the ATH-CKS77 earphones if used with an amplifier?

Apr 10, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #159 of 1,518
Besides DSnuts, can someone else give me their impression on these IEMS? I'm not saying you're wrong, but different people have different tastes so I'd just like to get a general view of these headphones. Thanks. 

Apr 10, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #160 of 1,518
I just tried my E11 with my Sony Z1060 and the sounds become a bit more spaced out/ wider, fuller.  But these already sound so full and complete in the first place to be honest I would rather not use any amplification..I think if I had somewhat of a lesser DAP like a Clip for example. I would use a small amp which would probably end up getting more closer to the sound on the Z1060. . But my Z1060 and these CKS77 just don't get too much better for sound from this combo. This combo is synergy and then some.

The bass on these earphones must be experienced.. I will just let others discover this for themselves. No bass boost needed.

Apr 11, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #161 of 1,518
Do they make the CKS77 with a J-cable rather than a Y-cable? Really enjoying my pair except for the fact that you get a fair bit of microphonics when running unless you loop the cables behind your ear.

Apr 11, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #162 of 1,518
just picked up my cks77 today.

At my normal listerning volume, (18/40 setting)
bass feels like as if it is from a sub woofer. overall sound is smooth/warm with details without being analytical.
Besides bass, the double chamber construction seems to make the music  more "roomy". This really works well with classical music and piano pieces.

However, if volume is like higher than my usual level (27/40 setting)  I do find that the low end can overwhelm the rest of the music.

Apr 11, 2012 at 6:47 AM Post #163 of 1,518

Quote:
just picked up my cks77 today.

At my normal listerning volume, (18/40 setting)
bass feels like as if it is from a sub woofer. overall sound is smooth with details without being analytical.
Besides bass, the double chamber construction seems to make the music  more "roomy". This really works well with classical music and piano pieces.

However, if volume is like higher than my usual level (27/40 setting)  I do find that the bass can overwhelm the rest of the music.

overwhelming bass 
eek.gif
! I LIKE!
Stop tempting me! Stop it and take my money :p!

how do these compare with the rest of your IEM's?
What can you compare these too :)?

AND FINALLY! Where did u buy them from :)?

Apr 11, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #165 of 1,518
Quote:
Mind me for being off-topic.
A (girl)friend was thinking of getting some earphones with mic.
Lil research ended up with the CKS55's
Are they any good?

Im searching for a miced pair for my Dad, narrowed it down to the CKS55i´s or the Philips SHE5105,  but still cant decide between them :frowning2: 
The Philips come in a nice purple for your GF lol :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back