The ATH-CKS77.
Jul 17, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #1,474 of 1,518
  Do these leak sound

Isolation on both sides of the hearing plane is good and about average for the ATH-CKS77.  The cable had a lot of microphonics which did not affect me because I wasn't in motion when using them.  You can find more information on the subject or any other ATH-CKS77 subject in this thread we are in.  Search for the words "isolation" and then "microphonics" on the search function in this page and you will find all the posts that include those words.

Have you asked for recommendations about your question "Can you recommend the best iem under 100 slightly analytical with bass emphasis" on the Discovery Thread?

The ATH-CKS77 are not slightly analytical with bass emphasis.  They are very bass heavy IEMs, with bass affecting significantly the mids and highs.  Still, the mids were fun and the highs were a mixed bag with a good amount of treble with both sweet and cheap treble in high amounts.  If you don't thirst for bass at basshead levels, the ATH-CKS77 are not close to being your best choice.

Aug 12, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #1,476 of 1,518
Okay, I've had these for 2months now, and the bass is great. The sound: great.

Like I was worried about before, the right ear is starting to go out already and I think it's coming from somewhere near the Ysplit. Does anyone have any experience or diy or advice for recabling for these?

Sep 20, 2014 at 3:55 AM Post #1,478 of 1,518
Hi. I have the cks77 and have auditioned the im50s and have the im70s. The original cks77 and im50s are quite comparable in sound, even though they use different technology. The bass on the original cks77 is more intense. I would say the im50s are a more muddied with the bass drowning the mids a little more than the cks77 which has good separation. However, the im50 is a more fun sound to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back