The ATH-CKS1000..
Jun 8, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #333 of 582
Quote:
Does anyone know how the position of the tip between the 2 post positions affects the sound?

I haven't even figured out HOW to change the tip positions yet lol! If anyone actually knows how to change the positions, please clue me in!

Jun 8, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #334 of 582
There's that little bumped up line in the middle of the nozzle.. If you stop your tip at it the sound spreads out a little more since there's more space between your ear and the driver.. If you push it all the way down the sound comes together more since your ears closer.. It's a very similar sound it just gets more impact the closer you get to the driver.. From my experience =)

Jun 8, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #335 of 582
Quote:
There's that little bumped up line in the middle of the nozzle.. If you stop your tip at it the sound spreads out a little more since there's more space between your ear and the driver.. If you push it all the way down the sound comes together more since your ears closer.. It's a very similar sound it just gets more impact the closer you get to the driver.. From my experience =)

That's all they are talking about? Lol! I thought that you were supposed to be able to push/pull the nozzle to move it or something. D'oh! Thanks for clearing that up!

Jun 12, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #338 of 582
Sorry Leo. I have never had the IE8 but going from what I read about them.. I have a feeling these CKS1000s are similar type tuning with big expansive stage and sound.. But these are ATs flagship solid bass having that new AT house sound. The balancing on these are superb with great refinement in the sounds.

If you are into your large sounding phones for the price of what these are going for now on Tenso.. You should try them out. If they are not to your standards these will be an easy sell on the sale forums. But I have a feeling if the IE8s are your thing.. These might be what your looking for.. No mid bass hump. Very solid dynamic sound to these.

Jun 12, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #339 of 582
Thanks for the thoughts Dsnuts, it just happens to cross my mind that the description of the 1000 seems to resembles the IE8 in more ways than one.

Guess the 1000 being design with the latest tech will be step up but I do really prefer the IE8 form factor. Also, the IE8 can be had for a relatively low price now and thus threw it into the mix.

Anyway, how it actually sounds would be the priority and will keep your thoughts in mind.

Coming from the CKS90, which in your opinion would be a big step ahead apart from the CKS1000. The 99 or 77X for half the price of the CKS1000.

Jun 13, 2013 at 4:19 AM Post #340 of 582
Wow! Didn't know ATH-CKS1000 won Japan's prestigious VGP (Visual Grand Prix) 2013 Gold Audio Excellence Award under >20,000 yen n <30,000 yen category! Great discovery Dsnuts! 
size]

http://www.visualgrandprix.com/vgp2013/vgp_p2_12.html

Jun 15, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #345 of 582
Isolation is not bad but not great either.. These don't leak any sound as they are fully closed in but you are able to hear outside noise when you have no music playing. Once you have your music playing however it is all about your music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back