The ATH-CKS1000..
Feb 16, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #139 of 582
They loose the sibilance with more burn in. I would go for at least 100 hours. My pair has around 200. Sounds great.

Hi Dsnuts,
I am aware you have the fxz200 as well as the cks1000. I'm am impressed with the performance of the fxz200 so far. Not so much the cks1000. Did you feel this way as well when comparing the two? Even out of box, the fxz200 sounds good. A bit on the boomy aggressive side. The cks1000 sounds very sibilant and lacking in bass. To be honest I was expecting more. Should I really expect a solid turnaround at around 200 hours?

Feb 17, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #140 of 582
Ya you gotta believe me.. Give the CKS1000 a chance. The FXZ200 has the wow factor out of box with the big bass and bigger sound but let me tell you when I first got the CKS1000 I was not as impressed myself. You can probably read the first few pages of this thread and get that.. But it started to grow on me more and more as I burned them in and started to use them more.

The CKS1000 is the type of earphone that will slowly but surly grow on you with time. It is not the type of earphone that will impress right away but once you get some more burn in and start using them. You will start realizing how engaging the sound of the CKS1000 is. I know how they sound on open box. It does not have the wow factor of the FXZ200 but that will change.. It might surprise you but I actually listen to my CKS1000 more than my FXZ200 now a days..

I would also burn in your FXZ200 more as well. The bass with tighten up..For now enjoy your FXZ200. In the mean while burn in your CKS1000

Feb 18, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #141 of 582
Thank u dsnuts and eugguy ...I will go for the fxz200....can u help me with another thing that how can I order from amazon Japan using tenso? .cause I went to amazon .jp.en but when search for fxz200 everything was in Japanese ...and is there any reputed seller from amazon us? Thanks again anyway for ur help...tc

Feb 18, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #142 of 582
Hi I just read in other thread in head fi that jvc fxz200 has very harsh upper mids that u can't listen to more than 20 mins .and very fatiguing ..is that true? Here's what I read....".I've been on the hunt now for a few months after listening to my existing IEMs for a couple of years. The FXZ200's showed me that there is much more detail to be had but they were just too fatiguing to listen anymore than 20 minutes or so. So I'm on the hunt for that transparency without the harshness. I think the mids are hardest to get right and nearly impossible to EQ properly so I could live with an IEM that needs minor tweaking at the extremes I guess. I agree that neural burn-in happens to a limited extent but my true test of headphones in general is not wanting to take them off after 30 minutes. The only headphone that passes that test for me at the moment are the Beyer T1s...."and this "JVC FXZ200: Very transparent and revealing, great bass but too harsh in the upper mids. No soundstage." So I'm really not sure so help me about this....thanks

Feb 20, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #144 of 582
Ya but one guys problem with upper mids is one guys problem with upper mids. You see anyone else saying that? The answer is no. I know what guy your talking about and he is the same dude that was complaining about small stage. Which is false as well. That guy ended up selling his pair I believe.. To each their own is what I have to say about that. We all hear differently so you need to take that guys report with a grain of salt. Plus I am a firm believer of burn in and I am willing to bet you that rat dude never burned his in that well. There are guys that will complain about any little thing. The FXZ200 has no issues with the upper mids. If your asking if the CKS1000 as any glaring flaws in the uppers mids that answer to that would be no. I can have these in my ears and have had them in my ears for the entire day actually. But you might hear them differently than I so ultimately you are gonna have to try one out to find out for yourself.

Upper mid spikes are common for cheaper stuff but both the FXZ200 and the CKS1000 has no issue..At least to my ears they don't.

Feb 21, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #146 of 582
Hey dsnuts does earsonics sm64 have more bass than fxz200 cause someone reviewed it as it has more bass than the fxz200.. Also praised about the mids and highs....if u get hands on them , plz let me know.. Tc....

Feb 23, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #147 of 582
So I've been burning these in for the past few days. Probably about 40-50 hours burn-in time. I gave it a listen. Compared to out if the box, they sound much different. Very nice tone overall, bass has tightened up nicely as well as the highs calming down. I am excited to hear how these sound after 100+ hours burn-in.

Feb 23, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #148 of 582
Hey one little tip or advice to get the best sound out of your CKS1000..Try a wider bore tip on the CKS1000.. AT is guilty of just using their standard tip design for all their earphones much like how Sony does.  In other words. The stock tips actually restricts some of the sounds. To get the full deal try out a wider bore tip.. Take your tip from your FXZ200 and try that on the CKS1000 for example. I use Sennheiser double flange tips on my CKS1000. Opens up the upper regions and the mids more so.. Try this out. Wider the bore the better on the CKS1000.

Feb 23, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #149 of 582
Quote:
Hey one little tip or advice to get the best sound out of your CKS1000..Try a wider bore tip on the CKS1000.. AT is guilty of just using their standard tip design for all their earphones much like how Sony does.  In other words. The stock tips actually restricts some of the sounds. To get the full deal try out a wider bore tip.. Take your tip from your FXZ200 and try that on the CKS1000 for example. I use Sennheiser double flange tips on my CKS1000. Opens up the upper regions and the mids more so.. Try this out. Wider the bore the better on the CKS1000.

Hey buddy, thanks for the tip. I actually have a few pairs of the sennheiser double bi-flanges. I have been using them on the jvc fxz200 and the jvc fx700. I found that the wider bore did help the sound. For some reason when I tried them on the cks1000s, they didn't sound right. However, I may still need to burn them in. I purchased a number of iems at the same time and I am in "tip" heaven. For some reason the sennheiser double bi-flanges just fit right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back