The ATH-CKS1000..
Feb 1, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #125 of 582
Quote:
Shipped from Tenso yesterday, so I should have these in my hands by early next week.

For those that own them already, would you have any recommendations for which tips to go with? I'm looking for great isolation while commuting via public transportation, and have been reading reviews of non-stock tips.

Just wondering if these have already been delivered. Any initial impressions? Hope you're enjoying them by now!

Feb 4, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #127 of 582
Some similarities but differences as well..The CKS1000 has a warmer signature and is as engaging as the ES700..The SQ on both phones are excellent so it will come down to what ones preference is. In ears or on ears..I use both of em and enjoy both quite a bit..

Obviously in the bass area is where the CKS1000 will excel over the ES700 but the ES700 makes up for it with that sweet mid section that does vocals amazing. On the other hand the warm smooth deep mids on the CKS1000 is also very likable for vocals.

So it will more than likely come down to if you want that bass with the warm smooth mids and nicely extended highs.  Or if you want that smooth sweet forward mid section of the ES700 with absolute detail and clarity.  The highs have the best control out of any AT cans I have heard on the ES700 that is another aspect of the sound I like a lot on them.  Looks wise. Nothing is nicer in person than the ES700.

Actually it seems AT has refined their traditional forward highs on all their new cans. All of them have great control much more over the previous versions of their cans and earphones..Finding the right balance of control yet extended highs seems to walk a real fine balance in the tuning of these cans and earphones. The ES700 is as perfect as that is gonna get but the CKS1000, AD900X, CKN50 do not fall too far behind in this aspect.

Feb 15, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #128 of 582
Hi dsnuts, can u help me choose between jvc fxz200 and ath cks1000ltd....I'm a big fan of bass and looking forward for the best bass iems....also can u tell me how's the Cks 99 is?is it much different from Cks1000. U already helped me once and hoping to have that favor  again . take care...

Feb 15, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #129 of 582
Don't know I don't own the CKS99 but the bass should be excellent for the price. It uses the same tech that is in the CKS1000. I think a bit lesser refinements in the sound but if big bass is what your going for the CKS series are not lacking one bit for bass so it could be worth a shot.

Feb 16, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #132 of 582
Hi eugguy can u tell me the bass type of those two... Does fxz200 have boomy or controlled deep bass.already have cks 77. But want the most bass heavy IEM.....fxz200 and cks1000 similarly priced at amazon USA ...can only buy one..don't know which one to have...

Feb 16, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #134 of 582
Hi eugguy can u tell me the bass type of those two... Does fxz200 have boomy or controlled deep bass.already have cks 77. But want the most bass heavy IEM.....fxz200 and cks1000 similarly priced at amazon USA ...can only buy one..don't know which one to have...

From what I've been listening with so far, the fxz200 is much more boomy and textural. I am looking forward to hearing what it will sound like after a few weeks of burn-in. The cks1000 is great as well, but if I had to choose between the two, fxz200 all the way. Especially if you appreciate full bodied sound/bass...it is a no brainer. Buy on Japan amazon, and ship from tenso. It is cheaper and quicker.

Feb 16, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #135 of 582
Very intrigued by these...as I'm in the market for mid-priced portables right now ($200-$350USD, which is mid-priced to me), and I've always been an AT fan.  Anyone here in the US buying through Amazon US?  I see several sellers' have these, but just aren't familiar w/ them & am worried about fakes.----> http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B009FRPN4W/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Users who are viewing this thread

Back