The ATH-CKS1000..
Jan 25, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #107 of 582
I'm assuming detail-wise the CKS1000 doesn't falter behind the FXD80 either? Because if that's the case I'll probably be investing in a pair soon.
The Answer is NO will not fall behind fxd80 i had many audio technica product from headphones to earphones the Sound Signatures is VOCAL and this new product Soild bass have did a great job The Bass Is Deep Warm Wide And YET it's NEVER cover over the singer VOCAL many earphones fail in this

Jan 25, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #108 of 582
Quote:
I'm assuming detail-wise the CKS1000 doesn't falter behind the FXD80 either? Because if that's the case I'll probably be investing in a pair soon.

The sound of the CKS1000 is in a different scale. What I mean is. The FXD80 stage is above average for smaller micro HD earphones and it is that imagery that makes them special

The beauty of these CKS1000 is. The scale and sound of these earphones sound more like a nicely tuned high end headphone. The big 13mm driver and dual air chamber gives depth and stage to the sound that most earphones lack..Imagery of the FXD is their specialty but these CKS1000 is a completely different sound signature. The FXD sound like nice earphones. These sound more like headphones. The sound is on a much larger scale over them..Imagery for bass earphones in the past has issues with clean imagery and detail..

These earphones do not. It is a very nice high end sound. The FXD80 has a bit of a brighter tilt to their sound. These CKS1000 is more warm and much smoother and fuller bigger sounding while maintaining a very nice level of detail and precision..

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:02 AM Post #109 of 582
That certainly helps a lot! I've narrowed down my next IEM choices to either the FXZ200 or these, possibly also the TDK BA200. Man I wish I could give these all a listen before I drop the cash. Definitely interested in how these compare to the FXZ200 since AT and JVC have been upping their antes lately, and since both of them are marketed with bass in mind. TDK BA200 is probably the more neutral, analytical of the three since it's of a completely different "class" probably.

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #110 of 582
FXZ200 is Triple Dynamic Speaker Vs Cks 1000 Single Dynamic Speaker Lol... If u have the $ to burngo for FXZ200 of ccourse

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #111 of 582
FXZ200 is Triple Dynamic Speaker Vs Cks 1000 Single Dynamic Speaker Lol... If u have the $ to burngo for FXZ200 of ccourse

But that argument would also hold for the FXZ100 and they're similarly priced? :p I reckon the sound signature also needs to be considered; a well tuned single dynamic is not necessarily a bad thing. Then again, if you already like the JVC sound... :)

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #112 of 582
But that argument would also hold for the FXZ100 and they're similarly priced? :p I reckon the sound signature also needs to be considered; a well tuned single dynamic is not necessarily a bad thing. Then again, if you already like the JVC sound... :)
If you follow jvc footsteps and u own the FXT90 FXZ100 will be the next upgrade for u cks 1000 single dynamic already done a great job:)

Jan 25, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #113 of 582
Shipped from Tenso yesterday, so I should have these in my hands by early next week.

For those that own them already, would you have any recommendations for which tips to go with? I'm looking for great isolation while commuting via public transportation, and have been reading reviews of non-stock tips.

Jan 25, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #114 of 582
Shipped from Tenso yesterday, so I should have these in my hands by early next week.

For those that own them already, would you have any recommendations for which tips to go with? I'm looking for great isolation while commuting via public transportation, and have been reading reviews of non-stock tips.
I use Conply T-400 Deep inside my ear canal bass Boooooom vocal great audio technica had the best female vocale from earphones to headphones

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #115 of 582
Dsnuts, how are you liking the CKS1000 to the FXZ200, and maybe the TDK BA200 if you've had a chance to listen to those as well? Totally on the fence as to which one out of those three I should choose.

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #116 of 582
I would rate the CKS1000 somewhere between the FXZ100 and the FXZ200. The unique factor of the CKS1000 is their engaging smooth mids. The FXZ200 is a excellent earphone. One of the best I have in my possession..TDKs I don't own.  The cost of the CKS1000 is going for $169 from Amazon Japan. Using Tenso. The FXZ200 will cost much more.

The CKS1000 is much easier to drive and weigh much less than the FXZ200 that is another consideration.. Even though I would rate the FXZ200 over these CKS1000 in sound..For simple usability wise and the sound enjoyment of the CKS1000 make them actually a better value for your money over the FXZ200.  Now if you want one of the best universals on this planet and are willing to pay the extra the FXZ200 is an excellent earphone. Vocal performance however. The CKS1000 is hard to beat for the price right now.

Jan 25, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #120 of 582
At current amazon jp prices, the difference between these and the FXZ200 is only a mere 20 usd. I'd just be a little hesitant for customs, because the fxz would face import duties in Europe.. and that is a big ouch! :frowning2:

I'll just control my urges for a little while till the price levels balance out a little.. if only the fxz200 would drop 20% on their msrp... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back