The ATH-CKS1000..
Jan 22, 2013 at 4:32 AM Post #76 of 582
Amazon Jp keeps sending me emails about my cc not going through. It must be because I've never made direct purchases in Japan and the security is kicking in. Hope to get it cleared up first thing tomorrow morning.

Can't wait to receive them!

Jan 22, 2013 at 5:17 AM Post #77 of 582
The bass is deep and wide but yet it's never cover over the vocal i just love audio technica workmanship one u know very durable

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #78 of 582
This pair of CKS1000 is just too awesome! I has never looked back at other brands after I owned a cks90ltd. The fit is just too awesome and comfortable. Never have I had a earphone that could stay on for more than 2hrs. AT just does it all. Awesome!!!

Jan 22, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #80 of 582
If sibilance is a problem for you, I would suggest looking into the CKS90 (and maybe cks99, but i haven't tried them). I have both CKS90 and CKS1000LTD and in my opinion, the CKS90 is 90% of what the CKS1000LTD is at half the price. The major difference is the CKS90 isn't quite as crisp and clear in the upper regions, but also has less sibilance than the CKS1000LTD.

I've only had the CKS1000LTD for less than a week and it's still going through some burn in, so this might change in the near future. The sibilance was worse when they were brand new and are much better already (roughly 50hrs of burn in)

Jan 22, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #81 of 582
If sibilance is a problem for you, I would suggest looking into the CKS90 (and maybe cks99, but i haven't tried them). I have both CKS90 and CKS1000LTD and in my opinion, the CKS90 is 90% of what the CKS1000LTD is at half the price. The major difference is the CKS90 isn't quite as crisp and clear in the upper regions, but also has less sibilance than the CKS1000LTD.

I've only had the CKS1000LTD for less than a week and it's still going through some burn in, so this might change in the near future. The sibilance was worse when they were brand new and are much better already (roughly 50hrs of burn in)
Nothing beats audio technica when we are talking about Vocal and Workmanship my next goal either CK10 or ck100 or maybe cks90promk2:)

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #84 of 582
What amp do you use for this IEM?. Do you think E12 is a good choice for CKS1000? or It's overkill?. I know that it's easy to drive (CKS1000), but still I'm planning to get an amp and the E12 is what I'm looking forward to have.

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #85 of 582
What amp do you use for this IEM?. Do you think E12 is a good choice for CKS1000? or It's overkill?. I know that it's easy to drive (CKS1000), but still I'm planning to get an amp and the E12 is what I'm looking forward to have.
A very Normal Amp Will Do the job or even u might not needs it's Cks1000 is 16 OHMS so it's didn't really need a extra Amp if u really like to amp its go for Fiio E17. E17 Can Amp 100 OHMS that mean all earphones will not had any problem with E17

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #86 of 582
A very Normal Amp Will Do the job or even u might not needs it's Cks1000 is 16 OHMS so it's didn't really need a extra Amp if u really like to amp its go for Fiio E17. E17 Can Amp 100 OHMS that mean all earphones will not had any problem with E17

Jan 23, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #87 of 582
Quote:

E17 is a little bit expensive for me. But thanks for your info anyway
k701smile.gif
. I also found out that the E12 is not yet available here in my location so probably I'll go for E11, hehe.

Jan 23, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #88 of 582
E17 is a little bit expensive for me. But thanks for your info anyway :k701smile: . I also found out that the E12 is not yet available here in my location so probably I'll go for E11, hehe.
I don't know weather E11 had the Gain Section 0 6 and 12 if E11 had it's it will be a good buy because Gain can help u push the volume higher some mp3 can't push your headphones/earphones to the maximum levels. hop this will help u:)

Jan 23, 2013 at 5:46 AM Post #89 of 582
Subscribed thanks to Dsnut's convincing love for these.. :wink: Will pull the trigger on either these or the FXZ100 in the next couple of weeks, but I'm leaning more towards the CKS1000 for their reported warm tonality and fluent mids. I'm coming from the Sennheiser IE7's and though they're slightly veiled, I love their immense soundstage. I've been reading that the soundstage of the CKS1000 is very impressive, but anybody who owns both here that can compare this to the Sennheiser IE-series?

Just a heads-up for potential buyers: the tenso/amazon.jp route seems great, but I'm wondering if anyone has experience with some of the shops listed on kakaku.com? See: http://kakaku.com/item/K0000420718/ Some shops seem to have a competitive pricing system in place, because the price keeps falling with a couple of Yen every now and then. For example, osaka.pc-bomber.jp currently sells them for 11,759 JPY ( ~133 USD), which is a steal. My rusty Google translator tells me that it includes free shipping and that they accept CC?

Looking forward to all your impressions.

*Edit: PC Bomber only allows CC payment for Over-The-Counter and bank transfer for mail order, so that is a no-go. Hm, we need someone in here that is fluent in Japanese! :D

Jan 23, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #90 of 582
Subscribed thanks to Dsnut's convincing love for these.. :wink: Will pull the trigger on either these or the FXZ100 in the next couple of weeks, but I'm leaning more towards the CKS1000 for their reported warm tonality and fluent mids. I'm coming from the Sennheiser IE7's and though they're slightly veiled, I love their immense soundstage. I've been reading that the soundstage of the CKS1000 is very impressive, but anybody who owns both here that can compare this to the Sennheiser IE-series?

Just a heads-up for potential buyers: the tenso/amazon.jp route seems great, but I'm wondering if anyone has experience with some of the shops listed on kakaku.com? See: http://kakaku.com/item/K0000420718/ Some shops seem to have a competitive pricing system in place, because the price keeps falling with a couple of Yen every now and then. For example, osaka.pc-bomber.jp currently sells them for 11,759 JPY ( ~133 USD), which is a steal. My rusty Google translator tells me that it includes free shipping and that they accept CC?

Looking forward to all your impressions.

*Edit: PC Bomber only allows CC payment for Over-The-Counter and bank transfer for mail order, so that is a no-go. Hm, we need someone in here that is fluent in Japanese! :D
YYes The Sound stage is awesome the bass is deep and very wide vocal is warm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back