The ATH-CKS1000..
Dec 18, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #16 of 582
Nice review. I have no doubt that those earphones are great.
But while reading your review, you mentioned JVC FXZ series.That is a new option for me. So I got to the question CKS1000 or FXZ100?

Maybe I should tell you a little about my experience with in-ear headphones. I started with a entry-level , Sony MDR-EX300. Then they just 'melt away' one of those days (Brazil is hot haha). Then bought the ATH-CKS90. Just wonderful bass,nice fit. After one year of extense use,the left side just got defective. So my current headphones are the Monster Turbine High Performance. The sound is good,but the fit is just awful. I needed to cut the eartips! The bass are quite different from the CKS90. Monster are more like a subwoofer inside, yet the CKS90 bass seems deeper,different...

Now I want an inear focused on bass.I listen to 99% EDM. And please,good eartips. As I really liked the cks90 fit (the best between the ones that i used), and the cks1000 seems to have the same fit. This looks like the way to go.But this review put me in doubt (also why you morph from AT superfan to JVC superfan? haha)
I got somethin like ~$250 to waste, should I pick the CKS1000 ,or those FXZ100 are better for EDM music? And I'm also open to new suggestions (in-ear only).

I Almost bought the cks1000 from cdjapan,but they just run out of stock. Their price was the better that i found (~$225). eBay is like ~$280 sending by EMS, i won't buy with this shipment method (duties issue).

Dec 18, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #17 of 582
Hmm. I think the CKS1000 will have the fit and better build over the FXZ100. But I will be telling you a lie if I told you these are better than them.  I can say these are at a very similar level in SQ and has the better highs extension over the FXZ100 but mids win on the FXZ100 and the bass is about equal in quantity and quality between them. So both are at a similar level in sound.  

Both are around the same so it will be up to you. I think you will be happy with either or. I own the CKS90s. These destroy the CKS90s in refinement and sound. Heck my CKS77 was an upgrade on those..

Dec 19, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #18 of 582
So I'm looking forward to get the CKS1000. Even if the FXZ100 are little better, I choose to go with a headphone that I'm sure I won't be dissapointed about the fit.

But now I got an issue. The cheapest price that i found,isnt avaiable anymore. eBay is kinda expensive. I searched about this Tenso forwarding service. Got a basic idea of how it works,but they seem to just send by EMS, I can't accept this shipping because it's 99% that i will have to pay duties,sometimes it even doubles the price.
Just waiting cdjapan to have they avaiable again,or until I find another online store that sells it.

Anyway , thanks by the help. Happy listening
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 19, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #19 of 582
Ya customs is a killer. I got lucky as I though there was a $200 spending limit before customs will tax but it seems not the case. I got both my AD900X and the CKS1000 together with no customs duties of any kind which I was very happy about.  In the US that is.

Dec 21, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #20 of 582
The sound has tightened up since burn in. I have them in my ears and these are growing on my more and more as I hear them..Sound imagery is awesome on these as a testament to the new drivers being used. Simply a higher resolution driver they are using and it is clearly evident..Much like all other AT earphones I have these benefit greatly with burn in...

Absolutely a fantastic big sound with great detail.. So I can say these are more sleepers than anything but ultimately is a very enjoyable sound that does all genres really well.. The sound stage and depth on these earphones paint a musical picture that lets you get lost in your music and that is what it is all about. Great phones and the great news is I see these getting cheaper and cheaper as many will flock to the FXZ earphones. Do not overlook these..

Dec 22, 2012 at 6:04 AM Post #21 of 582
Thanks for the informative review, ordered a pair from CDJapan! Currently using a Japanese NW-Z1060 with the CKS77's. Find them great but slightly fatigueing after prolonged listening perhaps also because of the lack of warmer midbass? Will the CKS1000's improve this and produce a warmer  soundsignature compared to the CKS77 ?Are they less 'fatigueing' paired up with the NW-Z?

Dec 22, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #22 of 582
Quote:
Thanks for the informative review, ordered a pair from CDJapan! Currently using a Japanese NW-Z1060 with the CKS77's. Find them great but slightly fatigueing after prolonged listening perhaps also because of the lack of warmer midbass? Will the CKS1000's improve this and produce a warmer  soundsignature compared to the CKS77 ?Are they less 'fatigueing' paired up with the NW-Z?

It does have a smoother warmer sound yet has way better detail in all frequencies. Burn in has tightened the sound so I recommend at least 100 hours of burn in..It has steady improved since opening them. Look forward to your take on them.

Dec 24, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #23 of 582
Will do DS. What do you think would give the best results with my NW-Z1060 UN-amplified: CKS1000 or FXZ100/200? Or would that be a matter of taste and what do you personally prefer?

Dec 24, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #24 of 582
The CKS1000 and FXZ100 both are rated at 16ohm but the FXZ100 is clearly more harder to drive. If you want one with no amping involved I would go for the CKS1000 as it goes much louder on the Z1060 and synergizes extremely well using it.  The FXZ100 and FXZ200 both sound tremendous but need amping more to bring out their full potential.

Oh and I got good news on the CKS1000. They sell the black version for $184 on Amazon Japan. If you try out using Tenso you can get one and delivered to you for around $205. That is a great deal. Cheaper than what I bought mine for.

Dec 27, 2012 at 7:02 AM Post #25 of 582
You know Ds, I'm in love with my 500's when I moved on from my Isuras!!

I simply am in Lust with these iem's but I love that fact that there is other awesome products popping out of AT!!

Question is....will you hang on to these or be lost to the JVC's instead...only time will tell!!
L3000.gif

Dec 27, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #26 of 582
I have been listening to my CKS1000 this morning and these decidedly have a higher end sound over other AT earphones I own. The warmer mids yet very detailed sound is the key here. I love my FXZ earphones but I am a fan of different sound. These CKS1000 I don't see me selling off in the near future. My other CKS earphones I can see me doing that but these I don't think so..There is a new micro HD earphone from AT by the way that just came out called the CKN50.. You can read about them in the discovery thread.  I might try one of those as well but for now. I am enjoying my CKS1000.

Jan 3, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #27 of 582
I've been using the red limited edition for around a week now and I must say I agree with dsnuts - these are definitely tuned towards a very hi end sound by iem standards. I like its tuning MUCH more than that of the more expensive ckm1000/ckw1000anv family. Will report more

Jan 3, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #28 of 582
Quote:
I've been using the red limited edition for around a week now and I must say I agree with dsnuts - these are definitely tuned towards a very hi end sound by iem standards. I like its tuning MUCH more than that of the more expensive ckm1000/ckw1000anv family. Will report more

Hey glad to see some others discover these. I have been burning them in more and they sound marvelous.. Look forward to your impressions.

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #29 of 582
O.......one thing I may differ with dsnuts view is that I don't think the jvc fxz100 / 200 pair are at the same level as the cks1000. First I must stress that the fxz brothers differ in sound more than one may imagine. But then both got more engulfing bass than the cks while lacks sorely in the mids department when compared to the cks. This by itself is a deal breaker for me. Plus the overall refinement across the frequency range of the cks is a lot better. I've spent some quality time with all three and I don't really understand jvc's tuning. YMMV tho~

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #30 of 582
Holy crap!!
I will be auditioning these pretty soon so I'm looking forward to it.  I also have a good memory of the CKM1000's from the past.  It's gonna be hard for any phone to beat out the JVC's for me.   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back