The ATH-CKS1000..
Nov 27, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #526 of 582
I'm using the small sized tips right now. The mediums were too big in my ears.  I have some Olives, if I can find them.

Dec 2, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #527 of 582
  Try out some RHA MA750s. Looks like what your looking for.

I got a pair of RHA MA 750s and Vsonic GR07 bass to try out.  So far I do like the RHAs a lot.  But they all need more time on them.

Dec 7, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #528 of 582
Thanks Dsnuts, the RHA-750i are perfect for me.  They are transparent, with amazing bass (way better than the Audio Technica or the GR07 BSE), great detail, and crisp highs.  And they are made very well for active listening. 

Dec 18, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #529 of 582
@waynes world

I might be getting some CKS1000 this week, finally! Looking forward to seeing what all your raving is about, them being the best for Trance music lol Are you happy now???
tongue.gif

Btw, has anyone tried the Sony Hybrid tips with these??

Dec 21, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #530 of 582
I know the comparison has been made before, but I'm still struggling to decide between the FXZ200 and the CKS1000.  I listen to a lot of Indie/Alternative (typically fast-paced & upbeat) as well as a bit of drum and bass and some dubstep remixes.  I'm more than well aware that the two will change over time and that the burn-in needed on the CKS1000 is significant (I'd be willing to go the 400+ hours) but in the end, when both IEM's have reached full maturity, which provides the harder hitting mid-bass?  I'm looking for the IEM that has the greatest kick and most significant "punchiness" (really make my ears and head FEEL the hit - not necessarily as interested in the low-end sub-bass rumble). Also, how do these two compare in microphonics and isolation?

@Dsnuts I'm sure you can be of some help in this matter, and if so, thank you in advance!

Much appreciated,
Matt

[EDIT] P.S. I feel like I should mention that I won't be amping either of these.  Both will be used directly from an iPhone 5 and MacBook Pro, so perhaps one of these is easier to drive, or on the other hand, will loose "punchiness" without an amp?

Dec 21, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #531 of 582
  I know the comparison has been made before, but I'm still struggling to decide between the FXZ200 and the CKS1000.  I listen to a lot of Indie/Alternative (typically fast-paced & upbeat) as well as a bit of drum and bass and some dubstep remixes.  I'm more than well aware that the two will change over time and that the burn-in needed on the CKS1000 is significant (I'd be willing to go the 400+ hours) but in the end, when both IEM's have reached full maturity, which provides the harder hitting mid-bass?  I'm looking for the IEM that has the greatest kick and most significant "punchiness" (really make my ears and head FEEL the hit - not necessarily as interested in the low-end sub-bass rumble). Also, how do these two compare in microphonics and isolation?

@Dsnuts I'm sure you can be of some help in this matter, and if so, thank you in advance!

Much appreciated,
Matt

[EDIT] P.S. I feel like I should mention that I won't be amping either of these.  Both will be used directly from an iPhone 5 and MacBook Pro, so perhaps one of these is easier to drive, or on the other hand, will loose "punchiness" without an amp?

The DENON AH-C300 seem to be the KINGS of "bass punch", without being muddy in the mids.  Read the whole AH-C300 impressions thread.  It is just 5 pages long, so far.  There, you will find comparisons between the AH-C300 and the FXZ200, FX700, CKS1000 and the CKS77X, from Euphonik.

Dec 21, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #532 of 582

The DENON AH-C300 seem to be the KING of "bass punch", without being muddy in the mids.  Read the whole AH-C300 impressions thread.  It is just 5 pages long, so far.  There, you will find comparisons between the AH-C300 and the FXZ200, FX700, CKS1000 and the CKS77X, from Euphonik.

Thanks, Alberto01.  I was actually looking at the C300 all week, but when I could not find any comparisons with the CKS1000 or FXZ200, it started to slowly fade off of my list.  Now that I've read Euphonik's recent reviews/comparisons, as well as given it some more thought, I believe I'll be pulling the trigger on the C300.  I wanted something available on Amazon Prime in the U.S., and I also planned on purchasing some Comply tips - now that I know the C300 comes with Comply tips already and is available for only $79.99 I'm just going to take it as a steal!  Thanks :)

- Matt

Dec 21, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #533 of 582

The DENON AH-C300 seem to be the KING of "bass punch", without being muddy in the mids.  Read the whole AH-C300 impressions thread.  It is just 5 pages long, so far.  There, you will find comparisons between the AH-C300 and the FXZ200, FX700, CKS1000 and the CKS77X, from Euphonik.

Thanks, Alberto01.  I was actually looking at the C300 all week, but when I could not find any comparisons with the CKS1000 or FXZ200, it started to slowly fade off of my list.  Now that I've read Euphonik's recent reviews/comparisons, as well as given it some more thought, I believe I'll be pulling the trigger on the C300.  I wanted something available on Amazon Prime in the U.S., and I also planned on purchasing some Comply tips - now that I know the C300 comes with Comply tips already and is available for only $79.99 I'm just going to take it as a steal!  Thanks :)

- Matt

AH-C300's bass is clean and punchy.  Between being tight (sharp) and boomy (spread out impact), it is somewhat boomy.  But it is not loose (unfocused) at all, like a bad quality bass would be.  Mids are clean, natural and placed between being centered and forward.  Highs need help with an equalizer.  If you have small ears or small ear canals, I don't know if these will fit you well.  In find the overall sound excellent for EDM stuff.  For other genres, with the help of an equalizer, they sound very good with some recordings and not good at all with others.  That is with about 100 hours on my pair.  I have no idea about whether they are expected to improve with more hours of use or not.

If you don't have small ears or small ear canals, these should fit you fine with or without the ear stabilizers.

Dec 21, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #534 of 582

AH-C300's bass is clean and punchy.  Between being tight (sharp) and boomy (spread out impact), it is somewhat boomy.  But it is not loose (unfocused) at all, like a bad quality bass would be.  Mids are clean, natural and placed between being centered and forward.  Highs need help with an equalizer.  If you don't have small ears and small ear canals, these should fit you fine with or without the ear stabilizers.  If you have small ears or small ear canals, I don't know if these will fit you well.

Luckily I don't have small ears (I'd say average to slightly above average).  I actually just placed the order on Amazon now (excited!).  As far as EQ'ing the highs goes, what do you recommend?  Also, is there an iPhone app that does a significant job of EQ'ing sound?  (I'm kinda new to that department...)

Thanks again :)

Dec 21, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #535 of 582

AH-C300's bass is clean and punchy.  Between being tight (sharp) and boomy (spread out impact), it is somewhat boomy.  But it is not loose (unfocused) at all, like a bad quality bass would be.  Mids are clean, natural and placed between being centered and forward.  Highs need help with an equalizer.  If you don't have small ears and small ear canals, these should fit you fine with or without the ear stabilizers.  If you have small ears or small ear canals, I don't know if these will fit you well.

Luckily I don't have small ears (I'd say average to slightly above average).  I actually just placed the order on Amazon now (excited!).  As far as EQ'ing the highs goes, what do you recommend?  Also, is there an iPhone app that does a significant job of EQ'ing sound?  (I'm kinda new to that department...)

Thanks again :)

I just edited the post that you just quoted.

Here, you can read my comments on the highs and equalization:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/624637/denon-ah-c300-urban-raver-impressions/60#post_10082020

That is my take on it.  Your source, the recordings (tracks) and your sound preferences will determine exactly your equalization needs.

I have no idea about what apps are available for iPhones that would include an equalizer.  There should be more than one and I am sure it will be worth your effort to find one and put it to work.

We are gradually hijacking the ATH-CKS1000 thread.  HA, HA.  But, that is my fault, not yours.  Let's move our exchange to the AH-C300 thread.

Feb 7, 2014 at 6:24 AM Post #536 of 582
  I use good old Drum n Bass a 5 hours compilation on a loop..People swear by colored noise. I tried it on several occasions but always reverted back to my drum n bass compilation. Fairly loud volume is key.

Hello, i sent my FXZ-200 back to japan because i really didnt like them. Cursed on them. I'm looking forward to buy CKS-1000, do you think they would work good with iPhone out? I read all the things said in this thread so i think i will like their sound.

Feb 7, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #537 of 582
Ya it comes with a remote extension for smart phones and the like. Never tried the extension but I am sure it works good. These are easy to drive so you should have no issues with using them on an iphone.

Feb 21, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #538 of 582
Ya it comes with a remote extension for smart phones and the like. Never tried the extension but I am sure it works good. These are easy to drive so you should have no issues with using them on an iphone.

Hello, i have my CKS1000 now :) but i have an issue, my right side hits 50-30 hz more, and left side 60-100 but in songs i can feel right is hitting more bass. I dont have a seal problem. Tried with many tips. Is that normal?

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #539 of 582
Hello, i have my CKS1000 now
smily_headphones1.gif
but i have an issue, my right side hits 50-30 hz more, and left side 60-100 but in songs i can feel right is hitting more bass. I dont have a seal problem. Tried with many tips. Is that normal?

You burn in your phones? If not I would definitely burn them in for a good long while. Leave them overnight and see if a full night of burn in fixes this issue. I have never seen an AT phone once have an imbalance issue. Unless your chord is cutting out.

Feb 22, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #540 of 582
You burn in your phones? If not I would definitely burn them in for a good long while. Leave them overnight and see if a full night of burn in fixes this issue. I have never seen an AT phone once have an imbalance issue. Unless your chord is cutting out.

No, i listened them only 3-4 hours with high volume, though its becoming balanced for sure. And i think this headphones are waaay better than FXZ 200 :) thank you for making me choose them. I am happy with them. They are very good :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back