The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.
Aug 25, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #1,503 of 1,921
Hi guys. I'm a new member on this forum 
smily_headphones1.gif
. I'm thinking about buying this Ckm500 earphone due to the sale of my Westone 4, so please how close is it to Westone 4 in terms of Overall SQ. I do have a sennheiser ie80 but i want something more analytical at a relatively cheap price. 

Thanks.
P.s pardon my English. 
tongue.gif

Aug 26, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #1,504 of 1,921
Quote:
Hi guys. I'm a new member on this forum 
smily_headphones1.gif
. I'm thinking about buying this Ckm500 earphone due to the sale of my Westone 4, so please how close is it to Westone 4 in terms of Overall SQ. I do have a sennheiser ie80 but i want something more analytical at a relatively cheap price. 

Thanks.
P.s pardon my English. 
tongue.gif

The CKM500 are not analytical, you want to look towards something like the Meelectronics A161p.

Aug 28, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #1,508 of 1,921
Wow. I'll admit, when i first listened the bass was too powerful, the mids, particularly the lower mids were recessed and the treble wasn't refined. Well after ~100 hours of burn-in all those problems have been fixed and these have developed into my ideal sound signature! I freaking love these things! Thanks Dsnuts
beyersmile.png

Aug 28, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #1,509 of 1,921
Right away i thought they were bass heavy, i gave them a chance and actually really liked them a lot after some break in. Eventually i once again felt the bass was to strong for my tastes. I never had an issue with the mids or treble though. Before i got my GR01's the CKM500 had the best top end i had ever heard. Until i eventually got sick of the bass i thought these were the best sounding pair of IEM or full size headphones i had ever heard. i liked them a lot and will probably keep them even though i now have a new favorite.
Quote:
Wow. I'll admit, when i first listened the bass was too powerful, the mids, particularly the lower mids were recessed and the treble wasn't refined. Well after ~100 hours of burn-in all those problems have been fixed and these have developed into my ideal sound signature! I freaking love these things! Thanks Dsnuts
beyersmile.png

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #1,511 of 1,921
Hey guys, first post, ever. I've had SUCH horrible time with earbuds (Especially breaking). I've owned a few pairs of Sennheisers, and AKG's but this was a few years back and they've since clonked out on me. 

Truth be told this I've been browsing this site for a while without posting. I've found this forum EXTREMELY HELPFUL. I've been obsessed with sound quality and my music for years and just kinda judged my headphones from the back of the box until now.

I'm FINALLY diving in and getting these, after reading what everyone's said, I'm confident the CKM500's are going to make me very happy, especially since Dsnuts SWEARS by AT's build quality, and I'm going to make sure i keep track of the warranty this time. I WISH I could remember the models of AKGs and Sennies I owned. Right now I'm using some crappy Sony 'Rich Bass' earbuds my mom's got me for Christmas. The right earbud is gone so my trolling this forum has been a HUGE help in aiding me in the most economical option for me. 

I'm also splurging and getting an E11, cuz it seems like a good idea. I never thought I'd benefit from having a portable amp until this forum. I'm using an iPod touch G3. Should I be pairing it with a different amp? Maybe a cheaper option that should do as good of a job as I need, considering the CKM500's and iPod touch G3?

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #1,512 of 1,921
I know many a guys tend to be rough on their earphones. With normal use these should last a good while. I would use the pouch that they give you in the box to begin with. Wrapping the earphones tight around your DAP is much like smoking is to your health. I know guys have a tendency to do this but try n refrain from doing just that.. If you keep your earphones in the pouch and use them normally instead of throwing them around there is no reason why these won't last as long as you take care of them.

My pair is as good as when I open them. Well better as they have well over 500 plus hours of use on them. Still one of my favorites..An E11 sounds great with these.

Aug 28, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #1,513 of 1,921
These IEMs are incredibly durable. I am in collge so I leave my stuff in a safe when I'm out of the dorm. I closed the safe lid on them a little (I didn't slam it but contact was made) and they are perfectly fine. Many other IEMs would have bent out of shape or cracked.

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #1,515 of 1,921
Quote:
I know many a guys tend to be rough on their earphones. With normal use these should last a good while. I would use the pouch that they give you in the box to begin with. Wrapping the earphones tight around your DAP is much like smoking is to your health. I know guys have a tendency to do this but try n refrain from doing just that.. If you keep your earphones in the pouch and use them normally instead of throwing them around there is no reason why these won't last as long as you take care of them.

My pair is as good as when I open them. Well better as they have well over 500 plus hours of use on them. Still one of my favorites..An E11 sounds great with these.

Amazing. Thanks, I'm going to take this advice seriously. Especially keeping it in the pouch.

How are they for being 'tangle free' though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back