The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.
Aug 17, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #1,486 of 1,921
Quote:
I want this but the CKM500IS version is the one available locally, I don't want the extra control but that's the only thing they have right now.

my questions are:

-is it the same with regards to sound?
-can i control the volume using the built in control of the iem even if im not plugging it to smartphones? (I know it can but just wanna be sure) :D

thanks
wink_face.gif

I have the "i" version which has 3 buttons.  Volume up, down and play/pause/skip tracks/answer calls.  I believe the "is" version only has one button for play/pause/etc.
I also had the non remote version there was no difference in sound.  
I can control using my mac computer with the buttons, not sure about PC's.  

Aug 17, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #1,487 of 1,921
Quote:
I have the "i" version which has 3 buttons.  Volume up, down and play/pause/skip tracks/answer calls.  I believe the "is" version only has one button for play/pause/etc.
I also had the non remote version there was no difference in sound.  
I can control using my mac computer with the buttons, not sure about PC's.  

thanks, :D I saw it having a slider

Aug 17, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #1,488 of 1,921
So, i just ordered a pair of these from dzone2 on ebay for $58! i'm excited, but i'll probably have to wait a month or so. I'll let you know what i think when i listen to it. i'm just hoping this the upgrade i've been looking for from the brainwavz m3
smile.gif

Aug 19, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #1,492 of 1,921
The mids and highs are fairly level, but the bass is a bit exaggerated. They arent bass monsters, but they arent neutral either. They are better suited for electronic music than they are for rock or metal. I used them for rock and metal for a couple months and then i started to feel that they were a bit slow and heavy on the bottom end. I will probably keep them for electronic music, but they definitely are not my choice for rock or metal anymore.
Quote:
What are these like in terms of bass? I'm wondering what they're like for bass in comparison to IEMs like the JVC HA-FX101 and the SoundMAGIC E10s.

Aug 20, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #1,495 of 1,921
Quote:
what do you mean fragile?

First pair: Left side audio channel completely died, got a replacement
Second pair: Right side 'nozzle' (?) came away from the housing, got a replacement
Third pair: Right side 'nozzle' (?) came away from the housing AGAIN, getting a replacement and selling them

I take very good care of my possessions and this still happens. Same thing happened with my PL11s but it took longer. I just want something that won't fall apart within 3 months.

Aug 21, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #1,496 of 1,921
I just received these today and you may take my words with less weight as I am coming from some Senn CX95 which are the equivalent of the 300 II but all in all very pleased with these. They still sound like they need a little refining which will hopefully come over time but for now my instrumental range has expanded drastically. The highs are a little touchy but so far everything else is being handled beautifully.

Aug 21, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #1,497 of 1,921
Does anyone know where i can get the stock silicon earbuds? I lost one today on my way home from work
frown.gif
I saw an earlier reply about someone buying some from ebay and they lost some of the beautiful bass.

I just found this link on amazon. does anyone know if these would be close to stock?
http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Audio-technica-Earphones-Ath-ck31-Headsets/dp/B0052KF67A

Aug 21, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #1,498 of 1,921
Get some Meelectronics brand tips instead. They are much better tips.
Quote:
Does anyone know where i can get the stock silicon earbuds? I lost one today on my way home from work
frown.gif
I saw an earlier reply about someone buying some from ebay and they lost some of the beautiful bass.

I just found this link on amazon. does anyone know if these would be close to stock?
http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Audio-technica-Earphones-Ath-ck31-Headsets/dp/B0052KF67A

Aug 23, 2012 at 9:49 AM Post #1,499 of 1,921
I just received them. Unfortunately I don't like them, I don't like the sound signature, it reminds me of the Brainwavz M4 where the vocals/mids are recessed giving a semi congested sound but not as bad. It's the typical sound that gives me an headache giving too much emphasis to the highs. It's not balanced.

Aug 23, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #1,500 of 1,921
Let them break in, and if you have any wide bore tips they will help bring the mids forward. The really arent recessed, at least after break in. I always thought the mids and highs were great, i eventually just didnt like the bass, at least for rock and metal.
Quote:
I just received them. Unfortunately I don't like them, I don't like the sound signature, it reminds me of the Brainwavz M4 where the vocals/mids are recessed giving a semi congested sound but not as bad. It's the typical sound that gives me an headache giving too much emphasis to the highs. It's not balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back