The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet.
Aug 12, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #1,474 of 1,921
Quote:
One of these days i need to A/B the CKM500 against the dual driver Brookstones to see if i can sell off the CKM's. I put the Brookstones in the other day and was actually surprised how similar they sounded to the CKM. 

I sure hope it is good too, hope you will soon, I still want to keep the ckm500s, lol.

Aug 12, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #1,475 of 1,921
MEElec wide bore double flange? Like the ones on the CC51?

thx

Aug 15, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #1,479 of 1,921
similar, but much smaller

this is from the ckm99, but you get an idea (and that ear is small)
audio-technica_ath-ckm99-3.jpg

Aug 15, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #1,481 of 1,921
Thanks for the replies.. i dont know if they will fit to me.. my left ear canal is kind of cone so small tips fall easy and large tips cant go sufficient in the ear canal. I only get a fit with foam tips but the sound sometimes is affected. Also a solution would be if gets supported by he outer ear similarly to earbuds.

Aug 16, 2012 at 2:47 AM Post #1,483 of 1,921
Quote:
you put some earbuds foams, and/or use bi-flanges (as they have a more conical form). though, the ckm500  tips  arent that flat
here's a pic

Let me get this correct. you mean a get one of this and wear it to the ckm500 casing so it gets bigger and softer in order to settle on the outer ear? thats a cool idea i think..

p.s flanges dont stay other.. only 3flanges which usually change the sound a lot if the iem is not designed for them ( i think)

Aug 16, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #1,484 of 1,921
Quote:

Let me get this correct. you mean a get one of this and wear it to the ckm500 casing so it gets bigger and softer in order to settle on the outer ear? thats a cool idea i think..

p.s flanges dont stay other.. only 3flanges which usually change the sound a lot if the iem is not designed for them ( i think)

yep, that's the idea. i didnt need to do that, as they sat pretty fix in my ears. just a bit large , though. you just need to find the right position, i know i had to.

Aug 17, 2012 at 4:57 AM Post #1,485 of 1,921
I want this but the CKM500IS version is the one available locally, I don't want the extra control but that's the only thing they have right now.

my questions are:

-is it the same with regards to sound?
-can i control the volume using the built in control of the iem even if im not plugging it to smartphones? (I know it can but just wanna be sure) :D

thanks
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back